Another Republican Canceled over not following the party line.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
This cancel culture has to stop. It's sad when a politician elected to represent the people who voted for him can not represent those people without getting cancelled.

I think like MTG they all need their own safe spaces.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas was censured Saturday in a rare move by his state party over votes that included supporting new gun safety laws after the Uvalde school shooting in his district.

The Republican Party of Texas voted 57-5 with one abstention, underlining how the two-term congressman's willingness to break with conservatives on key issues during his short time in office has caused GOP activists and some colleagues to bristle.

Texas congressman who broke with GOP is censured

This cancel culture has to stop. It's sad when a politician elected to represent the people who voted for him can not represent those people without getting cancelled.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas was censured Saturday in a rare move by his state party over votes that included supporting new gun safety laws after the Uvalde school shooting in his district.

The Republican Party of Texas voted 57-5 with one abstention, underlining how the two-term congressman's willingness to break with conservatives on key issues during his short time in office has caused GOP activists and some colleagues to bristle.

Too damn funny.

2 months ago when they had the Speaker Sweepstakes going on, the party line was that, "we hear all voices"... Now it's censuring anyone who disagrees.

How come establishment republicans and democrats never have comprehensive criminal laws where if you have a rap sheet a mile long, you should be take out back and a bullet put into the brain cavity?

How come establishment republicans and democrats never have comprehensive criminal laws where if you have a rap sheet a mile long, you should be take out back and a bullet put into the brain cavity?

Does that include multiple cases of fraud?

Too damn funny.

2 months ago when they had the Speaker Sweepstakes going on, the party line was that, "we hear all voices"... Now it's censuring anyone who disagrees.
When the left raises the bar....and then the other side does the same in the left's perception, suddenly its not okay. I don't remember the 'we hear all voices' mantra in the speaker sweeptakes. But i do remember Joe saying 'I represent all americans, ah am the peacemaker the one to bring us together...and then everything he does is to divide the country more.

That would be a start on sensible laws -------

Too much to hope for, I guess.

Fuck gun laws and any goddamn Democrat or RINO that supports them.

"Shall not be infringed" means exactly what we know it to mean.

From your article:

That independent streak includes opposing a sweeping House GOP immigration proposal over the U.S.-Mexico border, which includes a large portion of his South Texas district. He has also voted to defend same-sex marriage and was an outright "no" against a House rules package after Republican leader Kevin McCarthy became speaker.

Sounds to me like it's more than just this issue, it's several of them. We Republican voters often question how our side can't get their agendas across, and it's because of RINO's and guys like this one. Having different points of view is one thing, but siding with the enemy is quite another.

Here is what the bill is about that he supported:

The bill addresses what is known as “the boyfriend loophole.” Currently, federal statutes prohibit gun purchases for those convicted of committing domestic violence against spouses or partners who live together or share a child.

To close the loophole, the Senate bill will leave to the courts the contours of expanding how to define and include dating partners who commit such abuse. Conservatives previously raised concerns that an expansive definition of a partner could threaten constitutional rights. The new bill will also permit offenders to regain their gun rights if there are no further offenses over five years.

It also contains measures incentivizing red flag laws, which prevent individuals who are deemed dangerous from obtaining guns. The bill grants will go toward not just implementing red flag laws but also to courts that handle drug cases or cases involving veterans.

It also includes a 10-day window to allow local officials to scour databases for disqualifying information on first-time gun buyers under the age of 21.

Also from the link I posted:

“Today, Congress has voted to pass historic gun safety reforms that will save lives and keep deadly weapons out of the hands of people who present a clear danger to their communities,” U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, a San Antonio Democrat, said in a statement. “We need to make more progress on gun safety, but today’s vote is an important step forward.”

We need to make "more" progress, but today's vote is a step forward. What that means is this is just a stepping stone for more gun laws in the future. This is what we Republicans don't want.

When the left raises the bar....and then the other side does the same in the left's perception, suddenly its not okay. I don't remember the 'we hear all voices' mantra in the speaker sweeptakes. But i do remember Joe saying 'I represent all americans, ah am the peacemaker the one to bring us together...and then everything he does is to divide the country more.
He says, you ain't black if you don't vote for him.

I’m sure you’re all broken up over this.

Forum List

Back