Another reason to support Newt~ Balance the budget in 5 yrs

Gingrich is the only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#cite_note-60

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#cite_note-60
During his term as Speaker, eighty-four ethics charges were filed against him.

83 were dismissed. LMFAO

Here's the deal on Newt:

A quick biography of Newt follows: He is now 68 years old. His was a military family, and he moved about as he grew up, spending time in Europe, including France. He earned a BS degree in history from Emory University, then an MA and a PhD in Modern European History from Tulane. He taught history at West Georgia College for four years. Newt was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1978, and served there 20 years. In 1989 he became House Minority Whip, and after the 1994 elections landslide he became Speaker of the House in 1995. Time Magazine named him Man of the Year as a result of his role in the Contract With America.

Blemishes? He’s been married three times. He cashed several checks at the U.S. Congressional Post Office. He was hated by Democrats for allowing the government shutdown under Clinton, his impeachment support, and for helping to oust Jim Wright from the House for ethics violations. In response they fabricated ethics charges, demonized him, and essentially ran him out of office.
He stepped down as speaker and resigned from the House effective January 1999, after a big Democrat victory due to voter’s dissatisfaction with the attempt to impeach Bill Clinton. Newt had defended himself from ethics charges brought by the Democrats in a mostly political attack. They filed 84 ethics charges against him; 83 of them were dropped. The remaining charge concerned a 20-hour college course called "Renewing American Civilization" that Gingrich had taught through a tax-deductible foundation. On Jan. 21, 1997, the House voted 395 to 28 to reprimand Gingrich, including a $300,000 "cost assessment" to recoup money spent on the investigation.

In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the courses.
After stepping down, Newt showed his versatility and amazing talents, gaining valuable experience and depth in many enterprises. For over 20 years, he has taught a course at the U.S. Air Force’s Air University. He is an honorary Distinguished Visiting Scholar and professor at the National Defense University and teaches officers from all of the defense services. Gingrich is also a fellow at conservative think tanks the American Enterprise Institute and Hoover Institution, focusing on U.S. politics, world history, national security policy, and environmental policy issues. He has authored 23 books, including several fine historical fiction novels and many books on American political issues.

What sells me on Newt is that he has specific, fully spelled out solutions for America’s problems. Visit his website at www.Newt. org to see some of them. He advocates applying the Six Sigma method, widely used in business, to reorganize the Federal Government into a much more efficient enterprise.
Newt is brilliant, but some think he knows it too well. Americans have a knack for choosing the wrong candidate, and he’ll probably fade away. We’ll never know the benefits of having a truly competent man in the office.

http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/opi...1434723187/Letter-Newt-Gingrich-for-president

Last edited:
A must see:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aqzwLEMRc0]Presidential Newt Gingrich Answers Hard Questions from Hannity - YouTube[/ame]

Newt is a liar and a an after thought. He has NO chance of beating Obama. His baggage goes far beyond serving divorce papers on a wife who is in the hospital with cancer.

It will be Mitt....Sorry Baggers!

Gingrich is the only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations.

83 were dismissed. LMFAO

Of course they were dismissed. It was a Republican Congress that dismissed them. As they were in the middle of trying to impeach Clinton.

The question is why did he have 84 ethics violations charges against him?

I think Ron Paul's plan balances the budget even faster, it all depends on who's actually honest. And that's what I'm scared of, I feel like Newt or ant other mainstream candidate is just that, a mainstream candidate that will break these promises. Just look at Obama...he's broken so many campaign promises that were biggies for me and the reason why I wasn't that upset when he got elected.

Ron Paul actually has been backing that's notable, he's not a member of any secret society or CFR conspiracy thing. He's just a straightforward guy and the fact that the media absolutely hates the living shit out of him, makes me love him even more. I'm going to root for that underdog that actually has passionate support. Those are the best to cheer for and to watch win.

Gingrich is the only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations.

83 were dismissed. LMFAO

Of course they were dismissed. It was a Republican Congress that dismissed them. As they were in the middle of trying to impeach Clinton.

The same reasons the Republicans threw everything they could at Clinton during the impeachment. The politics of personal destruction of your opponent do not depend on the truth, just look at what happened to Cain the last 2 weeks.

83 were dismissed. LMFAO

The same reasons the Republicans threw everything they could at Clinton during the impeachment. The politics of personal destruction of your opponent do not depend on the truth, just look at what happened to Cain the last 2 weeks.
He was reprimanded by his own Republican-controlled House, for lying!

But you go ahead and keep on
top.gif

Forum List

Back