Another opportunity to miss an opportunity?

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
After swearing Lieberman into his new office, Netanyahu said the following:

I remain committed to making peace with the Palestinians and with all our neighbors. The Arab peace initiative includes positive elements that can help revive constructive negotiations with the Palestinians. We are willing to negotiate with the Arab states revisions to that initiative so that it reflects the dramatic changes in the region since 2002, but maintains the agreed goal of two states for two peoples.

Source

So are the Palestinists going to miss another opportunity? I think its likely.

Look, there is no way that a viable and sovereign state for non-Jews can be established now. So, Netanyahu can play the game and claim he wants a Palestinian state.

After swearing Lieberman into his new office, Netanyahu said the following:

I remain committed to making peace with the Palestinians and with all our neighbors. The Arab peace initiative includes positive elements that can help revive constructive negotiations with the Palestinians. We are willing to negotiate with the Arab states revisions to that initiative so that it reflects the dramatic changes in the region since 2002, but maintains the agreed goal of two states for two peoples.

Source

So are the Palestinists going to miss another opportunity? I think its likely.

Why should they trust him? He has done nothing to date to indicate a willingness to accept a two-state solution, nor anything to work towards it.

He was absolute in his statement that there would not be a Palestinian state.

Discuss the topic please - several off topic flame snips have been deleted. There is plenty of room in the FZ if you wish to start fires.

The Palestinians are missing another opportunity to surrender.

The Palestinists are missing another opportunity to salvage something out of what has been a hundred years of futile, pointless deaths (mostly theirs) because Muslims can't learn the simple concept of sharing with their neighbors -- something most of us learn in pre-school.

The problem is that Palestinists are stuck in a zero-sum game where there is only surrender or victory instead of imagining a peaceful, mutually satisfactory conclusion to the conflict. Its the ideology of: surrender or victory and in the meantime death that is the root cause of the continuation of the conflict.

The solution to the problem is to change that ideology. But I don't know how we are going to do that since it seems to be growing all over the Muslim world.

The Jews are not offering to share anything. They just want the Palestinians to accept Jew rule without enfranchisement. Israeli Jews, like many Muslims will only accept rule by those of their own religions. Both are a very tribal and backward people.

Out of curiousity, has there BEEN any response from the Palestinians? If Netanyahu could be trusted, it does sound like the best option in a long while.

Forum List

Back