Another one bites the dust...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/26/eveningnews/main691106.shtml>The "Gay Agenda"...?</a></h1></center>

At least that's what Alabama lawmaker Gerald Allen says is motivating a piece of legislation he has introduced in the ALabama legislature.

His bill would ban books by such well known authors as Truman Capote, Gore Vidal or Tennesee Williams would be culled from the shelves of Alabama's public libraries as well as school and universitiy libraries. He also wanted to ban Shakespeare's works from the bookshelves but withdrew that paragraph after "some criticism".

His legislation would also supress any mention of homosexuality as a genetic trait. Furthermore any books featuring gay or bisexual characters would be barred from libraries. Mr. Allen, apparently found homosexual content, and evidence of the "Gay Agenda" to turn the whole world queer, in every book he picked up.

This piece of legislation would have left library shelves empty and dusty, as well as throwing a number of librarians out of work. It represents nothing more than a good, old-fashioned book burning similar to that practiced by the Soviet Union after the communists siezed power...or Nazi Germany practiced with Jewish literature...or as Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge did in Cambodia.

I think that Mr. Allen, and his fellow travelers should look to putting their own houses in order before they start tearing down the houses of others. Mr. Allen's legislation is probably a manifestation of his own doubts and fears regarding his own sexuality, and he either needs to just get over it or come out of the closet. Either one would suffice...at least he would stop bothering other folks.

And you may have noticed I used the past tense a couple of paragraphs back...Mr. Allen's legilation died on the floor af the Alabama legislature, as it should have.

Link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/26/eveningnews/main691106.shtml

Go to your local Borders bookstore and try to buy a David Horowitz book. Let me know how you do.

I'm not sure that I support the measure because I can't form an opinion until I get a look at the bill itself.

But agree or not, it does raise a question. Why is it considered a bad thing to refuse to spend taxpayer dollars on books, plays etc which promote homosexuality or claim it to be "normal"? Doesn't anyone see it as more than just a little presumptious that simply because some homosexual writes a book, then the school systems and public libraries are automatically required to purchase the work with taxpayer dollars and to place it on the shelves?

Personally, I think that taxpayers have a vested interest and an inherent right to say how our money will be spent. A concept abhorred by the left.

Bullypulpit said:
This piece of legislation would have left library shelves empty and dusty, as well as throwing a number of librarians out of work. It represents nothing more than a good, old-fashioned book burning similar to that practiced by the Soviet Union after the communists siezed power...or Nazi Germany practiced with Jewish literature...or as Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge did in Cambodia.

What a crock of shit. This is low even for you, Bully. To try to equate these tyrannies with an attempt to exercise some care in - as Merlin pointed out - TAXPAYER FUNDED institutions - is a textbook example of the necessarily disingenuous nature of liberalism. Here's a newsflash for you: The chattering classes don't enjoy a constitutional right to government funding. You didn't know this? Sure you did - you were just hoping WE didn't.

Bullypulpit said:
Mr. Allen's legislation is probably a manifestation of his own doubts and fears regarding his own sexuality, and he either needs to just get over it or come out of the closet. Either one would suffice...at least he would stop bothering other folks.

How you love this particular bit of psychobabble hocus-pocus. Haven't you figured out yet that it doesn't work on adults?

musicman said:
What a crock of shit. This is low even for you, Bully. To try to equate these tyrannies with an attempt to exercise some care in - as Merlin pointed out - TAXPAYER FUNDED institutions - is a textbook example of the necessarily disingenuous nature of liberalism. Here's a newsflash for you: The chattering classes don't enjoy a constitutional right to government funding. You didn't know this? Sure you did - you were just hoping WE didn't.

How you love this particular bit of psychobabble hocus-pocus. Haven't you figured out yet that it doesn't work on adults?

Sorry boyo, but it's no "psycho-babble" as you put it. Internalized or ego-dystonic homophobia, is a very real issue which leads gays and lebians towards loathing of themselves as well as other gays and lesbians.

We need look no further than Jay Timmons, former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and a strong advocate for a constitutional amendment banning same-gender marriages, who was found to be gay. And let's not forget Jeff Gannon/Jay Guckert...right-wing media mouthpiece and gay prostitute.

It's not psycho-babble...it's fact. Deal with it...if you're able.

Bullypulpit said:
Sorry boyo, but it's no "psycho-babble" as you put it. Internalized or ego-dystonic homophobia, is a very real issue which leads gays and lebians towards loathing of themselves as well as other gays and lesbians.

We need look no further than Jay Timmons, former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and a strong advocate for a constitutional amendment banning same-gender marriages, who was found to be gay. And let's not forget Jeff Gannon/Jay Guckert...right-wing media mouthpiece and gay prostitute.

It's not psycho-babble...it's fact. Deal with it...if you're able.

"Boyo"! Stop it, man - you're killing me!

Your "examples" do nothing to prove your tired assertion. At best, they point up the possibility that - in their secret hearts - these people know that what they're doing is wrong.

And, would you mind telling me what Gannon/Guckert has to do with any of this? To my knowledge, he hasn't said anything negative about homosexuality - or is being a conservative sufficient cause to warrant the abuse he was handed by the MSM/DNC? It's just more proof to me that liberalism holds to no hard and fast concept of right and wrong - only political expediency. It's power brokers have no problem attacking the sexual preference of one who has committed the unpardonable offense of ideological incorrectness.

musicman said:
Go to your local Borders bookstore and try to buy a David Horowitz book. Let me know how you do.
It is a well known fact that many bookstores hide or "lose" books by conservatives, even Tammy Bruce, who is a lesbian (ahem Bully!) and a conservative!!!!!

So Bully, better luck next time..... next time you post, don't forget to start it with "Once upon a time...." and end it with ".... and they lived happily ever after"..... After all, if you're going to tell fairy tales, you ought to do it right!

Forum List

Back