Race

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
This is not a put down or whatever, of another member's sig, however, the sig is interesting enough to warrant comment.

Race is neither "just a skin color" nor a "social construct." Race is a genetic and biological reality shaped by eons of geographically isolated evolutionary pressure.

Let us take this all the way.

Biblically: we all come from one, even after the flood.

Whatever else: we came from monkeys/apes, and now people of the same blood/genetic construction are different, simply because their skin pigment is different. Accordingly, yellow labs should be the most superior dogs in the world, for they at least exhibit the most "white" features.

No alleged skin pigmented group is above another.

Biblically: easy, "be as one"

Other: what color is your blood? Your bone? Are you human? Or are you another form of being?

My guess is: human.

If so, maybe some pigment types have certain strengths. On can hardly deny that blacks were bred during slavery. However, one cannot deny that wealthy white humans have not also bred amongst themselves. The breeding argument is valid, however, it falls short for we are all humans with red blood.

If you don't like the blood theory, then maybe you should segregate based on blood type. I would love to hear that one.

All “races” have wronged me. I have had a knife to my face for being white, and only being white. I have been threatened by gang members, they called my honky, whatever, by my guess is, I was threatened because I was not a gang member. They probably threatened their own pigment because they were not gang members either. If they chose me for being white, well, given the current "race" stuff being thrown around, then I am not surprised.

Are they wrong?

YES.

As is anyone else.

IMHO

Yurt said:
This is not a put down or whatever, of another member's sig, however, the sig is interesting enough to warrant comment.

Let us take this all the way.

Biblically: we all come from one, even after the flood.

Whatever else: we came from monkeys/apes, and now people of the same blood/genetic construction are different, simply because their skin pigment is different. Accordingly, yellow labs should be the most superior dogs in the world, for they at least exhibit the most "white" features.

No alleged skin pigmented group is above another.

Biblically: easy, "be as one"

Other: what color is your blood? Your bone? Are you human? Or are you another form of being?

My guess is: human.

If so, maybe some pigment types have certain strengths. On can hardly deny that blacks were bred during slavery. However, one cannot deny that wealthy white humans have not also bred amongst themselves. The breeding argument is valid, however, it falls short for we are all humans with red blood.

If you don't like the blood theory, then maybe you should segregate based on blood type. I would love to hear that one.

All “races” have wronged me. I have had a knife to my face for being white, and only being white. I have been threatened by gang members, they called my honky, whatever, by my guess is, I was threatened because I was not a gang member. They probably threatened their own pigment because they were not gang members either. If they chose me for being white, well, given the current "race" stuff being thrown around, then I am not surprised.

Are they wrong?

YES.

As is anyone else.

IMHO

:huh: What is this all about?Old hat worn out debate!

Yurt said:
we came from monkeys/apes, and now people of the same blood/genetic construction are different, simply because their skin pigment is different. Accordingly, yellow labs should be the most superior dogs in the world, for they at least exhibit the most "white" features.

You have it backward: the skin pigment difference is a manifestation of much deeper (and far-reaching) genetic differences. It's not that skin pigment somehow reflects or directs the rest, including intelligence and behavior. The belief that all of humanity is genetically identical but for a thin veneer of skin color is grossly scientifically uninformed --- a modern sort of 'flat earth' idea.

This is a great book for refuting the 'race does not exist' idea, and it's quite accessible:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0813340861/ref=pd_sim_b_1/002-9960016-9839265?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance[/ame]

From a review:

Sarich, a Berkeley emeritus anthropologist, and Miele, an editor of Skeptic magazine, cannot resist calling the current view that "race does not exist" a "PC dogma." They make cogent, if not convincing, arguments of their case in three areas. Race as a concept, they argue, considerably antedates colonial Europe, presenting such examples as an "Egyptian tomb with four races" (as one caption calls a tomb painting) that may point up "awareness" of difference, but whether that awareness correlates to concepts of "race" as currently defined remains unproven. Several chapters are heavy going on DNA-based research into the origin and differentiation of Homo sapiens, here interpreted as branching off from the other hominids recently enough to make differences among people very minor but, in the authors' view, significant. They move from the Human Genome Project into their final section, in which differences in intelligence are said to correlate to a concept of race (but are not said to be a justification for discrimination). This last argument is predicated on what will seem to many readers an excessive faith in IQ tests. Nevertheless, the book lacks vitriol, other than that needed to fuel the skeptic's attempt to debunk.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

So who cares? Why does it matter? It matters because, in our multiracial society, whites are held to be responsible for the failings of blacks. It's either 'institutional racism' or 'bad culture' brought on by slavery. When blacks underperform in school, whites are blamed and it's demanded that they pay more in taxes to atone for their 'racism.' The truth is that whatever whites have done (or not done) is not the biggest factor in explaining why blacks and whites don't perform at the same level academically, so to blame whites is unfair to them. Of course, I need not get into great depth about how the liberal media doesn't give a shit if anything is 'fair to whites.' To the media, everything is whitey's fault.

I might check into this book. I am very interested in reading about DNA evidence defending differences between the races. Everything I have read supports the "one blood" theory, including mitochondrial DNA (Mitochondrial Eve). This definitely warrants investigation.

This just goes to show how much belief in evolution fuels racism. Speaking in terms of genetics, evolution is an impossibility. The different races arose as an example of speciation, not macroevolution.

mom4 said:
This just goes to show how much belief in evolution fuels racism. Speaking in terms of genetics, evolution is an impossibility. The different races arose as an example of speciation, not macroevolution.

That would depend on who you ask, some go against common theroy. :rolleyes:

Frankly, the whole idea that one race is superior to another, or more worthy of benefits than another, etc.etc., is unbiblical.

Forum List

Back