Another one bites the dust: Trump announces he is not running for President

Waiting for a link, this just broke.

Barack delivered his own Shelacking to him at the WHCD...he'd probably be very wise to never mumble his name again.

I heard he was supposed to appear at one of those rallies this weekend too; wow; to bow out before hand is a sign that he's scared of something.

These throw the shit back and forth speculation threads are fucking stupid.

I agree, I like Ron Paul and while so many people claim he has no chance I'm simply happy he is running. There is a huge chance I'll just be doing a write in for RP but hey, he could flip flop all over the place and I stop likening him, I dono…

To say Obama will win is foolish, to say Ron Paul would win is equally foolish, so I don’t.

Trump just threw in the towel

Donald Trump has just released the following statement announcing he will not be running for the Republican nomination after all:

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election......

Donald Trump has just released the following statement announcing he will not be running for the Republican nomination after all:

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election......

Yeah - found it. Thanks.

How about we focus on the people running rather than "what if so and so runs?"

Republican (insert name here) VS Obama will take 45% of the vote in the GE no matter who the fuck it is... Republicans need someone that get's people excited and that ain’t Mitt, Newt or Huck… Hence why you see them at the top of polls, that's who the Media wants in the hotseat..

Personally, I think they need someone who is more of a centralist who would have more general appeal. Neither party can win without the independent vote.

We need someone to represent the constitution, this BS of "we need someone in the middle" when Obama and Dems are more war hunger than Bush and his Republican congress.....
Ya' really wanna compare body-counts, huh??

:rolleyes:

How about we focus on the people running rather than "what if so and so runs?"

Republican (insert name here) VS Obama will take 45% of the vote in the GE no matter who the fuck it is... Republicans need someone that get's people excited and that ain’t Mitt, Newt or Huck… Hence why you see them at the top of polls, that's who the Media wants in the hotseat..

Huck out; it's between fib Newton and Mit The Shit.

I think Obama wins if he remains mute until the election; they are toast.

I like your point about a block vote for whoever is against Mr. Obama but 45% is way too large; more like 34-38% tops. It is scary to anybody with 2 brain cells that Bachman or Palin may get that much support.

Like I said earlier........an egotistical gas bag! :lol:

I can wait to see the ass-whooping Democrats are going to get when they have to deal with the issues head-on with Trump.

I like Trumps tough talk on China and I love his business background, but I think he has too much baggage to win the generals (or primaries for that matter)!

Like what for baggage ?

Can you post some examples ?

No one seems able to do so thusfar.

Thanks...

Scathing innuendo about the birth certificate and absolutely no retort when he got his ass handed to him in public by President Obama.

Questional morals in his personal life. Wasn't he supposed to have had an affair 2 or 3 times?

Questional ethics in his business dealings.

Generally reducing himself to a caricature on The Apprentice week in and week out (2 seasons ago he didn't know what an "F Bomb" was supposedly now he uses them like Rham Emmanuel.

Stuff like that. I wouldn't call them Samsonites but there are some pretty big Gym Bags.

No surprise.

Trump didn't have a prayer. He was just an egomaniac with a platform. What surprised me wasn't the fact that he toyed with the idea. I was surprised by the fact that he actually got some traction with conservatives.

Probably without realizing it, cons looked demented by all this birther nonsense talk. But when cons embraced Trump who ALSO embraced the birther nonsense talk, they ALL looked crazier than Dracula's Renfro character.

Who else does the GOP have this year? Ron Paul! Michele Bachmann! Newt Gingrich!

The GOP field is looking nuttier than rat droppings in a pistachio factory.

So where does that leave us with Right-Wing Nutjob candidates?

Trump- OUT
Palin- Waiting to quit
Bachmann- Flirting with the Tea Baggers
Paul- Showing he can out do Lyndon LaRouche in unsuccesful bids
Gingrich- Hoping Fox will take him back

Trump collapses
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of GOP partisans fall into that camp, and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate at 9%.

Public Policy Polling: Trump collapses

Well, I for one am glad that folks who support the GOP want nothing to do with fringe wackos. They are smart enough to realize the a circus side show many be entertaining but that's NOT what they want in their leadership.
That gives me at least some hope for the GOP.
And birthers/deathers, maybe you can find some way, way fringe party you can join that supports your wackiness. :cuckoo:

so trump totally trolled the libs for a month. I love it :lol:

Trump collapses
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of GOP partisans fall into that camp, and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate at 9%.

Public Policy Polling: Trump collapses

Well, I for one am glad that folks who support the GOP want nothing to do with fringe wackos. They are smart enough to realize the a circus side show many be entertaining but that's NOT what they want in their leadership.
That gives me at least some hope for the GOP.
And birthers/deathers, maybe you can find some way, way fringe party you can join that supports your wackiness. :cuckoo:

so trump totally trolled the libs for a month. I love it :lol:

Looks like Trump got trolled when Obama released his Birth Certificate

His GOP popularity tanked after that

Actually I wish he had hung on through at least the preliminary primary events. We all knew from the beginning that he was the longest of the long shots to win the GOP nomination. Yes he is an egotist but he is a fearless and 100% politically incorrect egotist which made him invaluable in the debates. He brings up the elephants in the room that the others tiptoe around and pretend don't exist. And he would have forced everybody, including Obama and the Democrats to talk about those issues.

He wouldn't have been the annointed candidate, but he was our best shot to know better what we will get in the candidates we annoint.

Obama was obviously terrified of a Donald Trump candidacy and did not want him involved in the process. He wants squishy, non commital, unconvincing 'moderate' Republicans like McCain to run against as he can then pretend again that he is the conservative and win re-election.

Forum List

Back