Another Obama "success??" PCIP enrollment 650% LESS then projection @double cost...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Reaches Tiny Fraction Of Uninsured
Enrollment has almost reached 50,000.

BUT the projected enrollment by this time:
"Estimates of how many people would receive coverage from the new Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan varied, but the lowest was that the initiative would reach an average of 200,000 people per year.
The chief actuary for Medicare predicted the PCIP would pick up 375,000 before 2011.

NOTE: Enrollment Projection off by 650%!
EXCELLENT Planning!

But then the COST...
Not only has enrollment been low, but the cost of insuring enrollees has been more than double expectations.
The program's actuaries figured in 2010 that it would cost $13,026 per enrollee per year, slightly above the cost for enrollees in state pools. In August 2011, the actuaries revised that estimate upward to $28,994, according to an HHS report released Thursday.

That is 122% MORE then estimated cost!
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Reaches Tiny Fraction Of Uninsured

FOLKS... the experts consulting HHS/Obama and Obamacare.. record is p....poor!

YOU overestimated enrollment by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED cost by 122%

AND you obamatrons want government to run health care????

This is pathetic!!!

The fact that the Administration is pulling back incentives to enroll in its high-risk pool may signify its acceptance that the pre-existing condition problem is nowhere near as big as it was portrayed during the health care debate. This is yet another reminder that Obamacare isn’t just terrible health policy with disastrous consequences; it’s overreaching, taxpayer-funded programs that our country didn’t need.

Another Failure for Obamacare

So we have a thread saying we shouldn't call people "Idiots" for example!
YET NOT one person seems to understand Obamacare OVERESTIMATED enrollment in PCIP by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED the COST by 122%! And that doesn't seem to phase people! Must be idiots here!
We who understand health insurance warned the stupidity of first of assuming 50 million uninsured!
If Obamacare couldn't even count without doubling and misallocating how could they pay the bills!

650% OVERESTIMATION of enrollment
122% UNDERESTIMATION of Costs...

Brought to you by the same people that want to run all your health care!!!!

Go figure huh? Not much action because the left can't counter it by saying that Booooosh did it.
The right just isn't surprised by another failure in this administration.

Go figure huh? Not much action because the left can't counter it by saying that Booooosh did it.
The right just isn't surprised by another failure in this administration.

The real crime here is that there WAS NO health care crisis!
If Medicare didn't under 1986 EMTALA act force hospitals to take care of "uninsured"
hospitals wouldn't pad and pass on to Medicare (WITH MEDICARE's BLESSING!!!) services marked up almost 6,000%!
I have access to a database of 6,000 hospitals and what they bill Medicare.

Univ. Community Hospital in Tampa billed Medicare 2,110 claims for CAT scan no contrast
$2,635 billed Medicare... The services COST the hospital:$43 A 6,127.91% markup!

And Medicare is OK with that!
Hospitals reported BECAUSE of EMTALA nearly $60 billion in "uncompensated" care..
BUT they make up for it by "padding and passing"!

All of which could be drastically reduced by simply recognizing that less then 8 million are truly uninsured. All the govt. would have to do is TAX the lawyers (after all Obamacare is taxing tanning salons! 10% of the $100 billion lawyers make off lawsuits that generate over $600 billion in defensive medicine i.e. physicians fearing law suit duplicate tests,etc.!

That $10 billion would pay the premium for "uninsured" people registered and hospitals under penalties NOT "pad and pass"... WATCH how quick costs and premiums drop!

Health costs have probably gone up that much! (They did double just under Booosh)- no doubt will improve GREATLY when they are put in the same pool as the rest...

Romneycare lowered costs 15% immediately and Mass now has the slowest rising costs in the country-2%-and ACA is better- but keep fighting it, dingbat brainwashees.....

Increasing the size of your font by a factor of 10, doesn't make your post 10 times more interesting. It just makes it 10 times larger.

Health costs have probably gone up that much! (They did double just under Booosh)- no doubt will improve GREATLY when they are put in the same pool as the rest...

Romneycare lowered costs 15% immediately and Mass now has the slowest rising costs in the country-2%-and ACA is better- but keep fighting it, dingbat brainwashees.....

FACTS where are your FACTS!!!
This PROVES how totally ineffective Obamacare is and how much worse it will get!
30% of employers are dropping employee health insurance directly because it's cheaper to pay the penalty!
YET YOUR savior said and I quote:
"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.
A fu.kkking LIE!

LOOK the facts are there were NEVER 50 million uninsured!
FACTS are INSURANCE premiums increased over the last 10 years at
Over all, the cost of family coverage has about doubled since 2001, when premiums averaged $7,061, compared with a 34 percent gain in wages over the same period.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/28/business/health-insurance-costs-rise-sharply-this-year-study-shows.html?pagewanted=all

NOW you big idiot! that is NOT has you said and I quote YOU:
Health costs have probably gone up that much! "

100% in 10 years IS NOT THE SAME 127% IN ONE ON YEAR!

SEE THIS IS WHY PEOPLE are stopping support of Obama by the millions because they realize that idiots like you and Obama will SAY anything regardless the FACTS!

YOU won't admit it but 127% increase in costs in PCIP in ONE year is a lot more
then 100% in 10 years!

IDIOT!!

Double the projected cost?
Sounds like the pill bill.
NO again ignorance of health care is so common yet EVERYONE has an opinion!
There were 3 components of the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act and most people like you are totally ignorant of the other two because the MSM found "donut" hole fascinating to write about!

YET the OTHER two components HAVE reduced Medicare administrative costs dramatically!
By reducing contractors (which again Most people like think Medicare processes claims.. THEY DON"T they haven't!) Contractors generally for profit insurance companies do all the 1 billion claims! Prior to 2003 there were OVER 300 contractors... Now there are less then 20.. this reduction dramatically cut Medicare costs.. which is less then 10% of total costs!

The other value was Part C or Medicare Advantage plans which again cut Medicare costs!

NOW as far as the Part D "Pill bill"
Part D has proven more cost effective !
Spending in Medicare Parts A and B has grown at an average of 4.9 percent over the past six years, while Medicare Part D grew at 2.8 percent

Medicare Part D Proves That Competition Lowers Health Care Spending

FACTS while mind-numbing MAKE a difference in realty!
the Pill bill was a major cost saving as the entire 2003 Modernization ACT!
I should know as I make my living by helping Medicare providers find out if Medicare will pay!

Increasing the size of your font by a factor of 10, doesn't make your post 10 times more interesting. It just makes it 10 times larger.

Then why did you respond? I mean what difference would it make to you since 650% and that the same idiots presenting Obamacare can't figure out yet that there are NOT 50 million uninsured it seems obvious they are prone to EXAGGERATION and GROSS miscalculation!

BUT YOU... that doesn't make any difference... you are hung up on size! Do I sense "font envy"???

Last edited:
Lower total enrollment and high per enrollee costs are related issues. That's just how division works. Total spending is still well below where the CMS actuary predicted it would be at this point--namely, exhausted (since funding for the pools is capped at $5 billion over the 2010-2014 period, it's not possible for them to go over budget). He thought the money would run out in 2011 or 2012; in reality, only 2 percent of that money had been spent by spring 2011.

High-risk pools are not a viable long-term solution. Someone tell the Romney campaign so they can stop pitching them as a viable alternative to the ACA.

YET NOT one person seems to understand Obamacare OVERESTIMATED enrollment in PCIP by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED the COST by 122%! And that doesn't seem to phase

Yeah I seem to recall arguing that it was going to cost a FUCK ton more than they were saying, and all the Libs said I was just a Racist. lol

YET NOT one person seems to understand Obamacare OVERESTIMATED enrollment in PCIP by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED the COST by 122%! And that doesn't seem to phase

Yeah I seem to recall arguing that it was going to cost a FUCK ton more than they were saying, and all the Libs said I was just a Racist. lol

These high-risk pools have cost substantially less than was allocated for them.

That's not necessarily a good thing, but it's a fact.

""Quote: Originally Posted by francoHFW

Romneycare lowered costs 15% immediately and Mass now has the slowest rising costs in the country-2%-and ACA is better- but keep fighting it, dingbat brainwashees.....""

"Health Myths"-

FACTS where are your FACTS!!!
This PROVES how totally ineffective Obamacare is and how much worse it will get!
30% of employers are dropping employee health insurance directly because it's cheaper to pay the penalty!
YET YOUR savior said and I quote:
"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.
A fu.kkking LIE!""

My facts are in my post, from FRONTLINE on PBS. Your "facts" are fear mongering PUBCRAPPE. We'll SEE when ACA actually starts!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back