Another Obama "success??" PCIP enrollment 650% LESS then projection @double cost...

YET NOT one person seems to understand Obamacare OVERESTIMATED enrollment in PCIP by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED the COST by 122%! And that doesn't seem to phase

Yeah I seem to recall arguing that it was going to cost a FUCK ton more than they were saying, and all the Libs said I was just a Racist. lol

These high-risk pools have cost substantially less than was allocated for them.

That's not necessarily a good thing, but it's a fact.

Yeah but most people deal with real numbers, not estimates which are a joke. Nobody goes to get a new tire at the shop and hears the guy say. "You know we thought it was gonna be $5000, but we saved you$3000, changing your one tire is ONLY $2000".
So we said the cost was going up and it went up, I dont care what the "Estimates" were.

Estimates like the Iraq war would cost 40 billion tops and not last more than 6 months?

Not really estimates just lies to sell their idea.

Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)Romneycare saved 15% off the bat, and now is the slowest rising in cost at 2%. And ACA is better. (FRONTLINE)

YET NOT one person seems to understand Obamacare OVERESTIMATED enrollment in PCIP by 650% and UNDERESTIMATED the COST by 122%! And that doesn't seem to phase

Yeah I seem to recall arguing that it was going to cost a FUCK ton more than they were saying, and all the Libs said I was just a Racist. lol

These high-risk pools have cost substantially less than was allocated for them.

That's not necessarily a good thing, but it's a fact.

THAT is NOT a FACT!!!
IDIOT! Did you read the thread TITLE???
COST are 122% MORE THEN ESTIMATED! Therefore the $5 billion allocated is spent much faster and MORE money will be needed!

Health care costs for enrollees in the temporary high-risk insurance pools established by the federal health reform law are expected to be more than double initial predictions, according to a report released by the Obama administration, the Washington Post reports (Kliff, Washington Post, 2/23).

The CCIIO reports that it was estimated by state-based PCIP actuaries in November 2010 that per-member PCIP costs for calendar year 2012 would be $13,026, just slightly higher than estimated costs for state high risk pools.
However, based on more recent figures, their estimates in August 2011 for calendar year 2012 reached $28,994. There are, according to the CCIIO, two likely reasons for this.

Health Costs for PCIP Enrollees To Be Twice as High as Predicted - California Healthline

AGAIN.. Why would such a massive OVERESTIMATION (650%!!) of enrollment 350,000 versus reality 50,000.. and UNDERESTIMATION of cost reality $28,994 versus $13,026
NOT be expected from other IDIOTS that count 17.5 million people who can afford but don't need to spend for health insurance.. 10 million illegals counted but not legal, and
14 million ALREADY covered by health insurance... NOT 50 million but less then 8 million!

So if these idiots can't even do simple head counts without being off by 488% - 8 million NOT 50 million.. why would anyone expect they could estimate enrollment or costs!

Idiot. This NOT ACA, it's stopgap measure and still costs so much very few have paid for it, so the cost has been very low in all. Read that again.

When ACA starts up they will get care at the same cost as others, so they won't get cut odd by insurers, won't have to lose all their assets, stop working in order to go on welfare to get Medicaid. YOUR STUPID pub system. that costs the country a mint.

Last edited:
FACTS
There are 3 reasons for health insurance costs doubling from 2001 to 2010.
A) Medicare has gladly accepts claims especially from hospitals that are marked up in rare cases
(Honesty display!!!) 6,000%... MOST cases marked up 400% in rare cases very rare hospitals lose money. PROOF!
I have access which OBVIOUSLY YOU don't to what the 6,000+ hospitals billed Medicare in 2009.
Proof: tell me what city you live and I'll show you what YOUR local hospital charged Medicare!
Proof: A hospital in Tampa sent 2,110 claims MARKEDUP 6,127%
cost to hospital $43 but collected $2,635 for each claim!
SO stupid... why do you think Medicare GLADLY absorbs these 6,000% Markups???
LOOK UP EMTALA a bill passed out of same FALSE "concern" in 1986 !
Stupidity at best!
Stay tuned for the other two major reasons premiums doubled in 10 years!

Yup, and under ACA so far more fraud is being found than ever before. Getting some regulation and oversight on all medical costs will save money better than destroying Medicare.

All your doubletalk is just Pubcrappe used to keep the Pub scam of a system we have now. Change the channel, addict lol.

Republicans generally support the pre-existing conditions portion of so-called Obamacare.

Provided these Republicans don't hold federal office, yes.
I would be interested in seeing a Republican plan that prevented insurance companies from turning away subscribers with preexisting conditions. Outlawing preexisting condition exclusions is one of the more popular and costly parts of Obamacare. However, if you force insurance companies to accept everyone, they need additional revenue to cover the cost which has to come from either higher premiums, more healthy subscribers via mandated subscription, or government subsidy. I don't think Republicans would support any of these.

Yup, and under ACA so far more fraud is being found than ever before. Getting some regulation and oversight on all medical costs will save money better than destroying Medicare.

All your doubletalk is just Pubcrappe used to keep the Pub scam of a system we have now. Change the channel, addict lol.

IT WASN'T FRAUD dumb f...k!!!
Medicare ACCEPTED the 6,000% claim markups you dumb sh...!

Medicare under EMTALA KNOWS hospitals are seeing "uninsured"!
What Medicare ACCEPTS the FACT hospitals pad and pass on these expenses!

BUT you dumb f..k you have NO IDEA of what the solution is!
Dumb Idiot TAXED in Obamacare Tanning salons.. big..f..,kg deal!

So why not tax the $100 billion in Lawyer fees that CAUSE $600 billion in unnecessary duplicate "DEFENSIVE MEDICINE" out of fear of lawsuits!
NOW as the dumb f...k you are YOU are going to say malpractice insurance!!!
NOT the point dummy! Point is physicians aDMIT 25% of their services are out of fear
of lawsuits!

So why not take the $10 billion in taxes from lawyers.
Set up insurance for those that go to hospitals and are uninsured.
All those claims for "uninsured" sent to insurance company that manages the
$10 billion in premium for the truly 8 million "uninsured"!

After all Obamacare was going to provide coverage at less then $2,000/ uninsured!

So the 10% tax is tied to declines in the $600 billion in defensive medicine!
There fore savings in Medicare... don't pay the 6,000% in padded claims!
Savings in defensive medicine!
I absolutely guarantee if this plan which I don't know WHY you as a liberal wouldn't want the millionaire lawyers to pay higher taxes ... will lower insurance costs by 20%!

Why are you defending millionaire lawyers???

ACA also contains guidelines for doctors to follow, cutting costs and protecting them from lawsuits. What are Pub solutions? NOTHING, until they're fighting Dems, and then forgotten. Dupe.

Romneycare lowered costs 15% immediately and their cost rise is now the lowest in the US, 2%. The answer is regulation and cost transparency and competition. Send your suggestions to your rep.

ACA also contains guidelines for doctors to follow, cutting costs and protecting them from lawsuits. What are Pub solutions? NOTHING, until they're fighting Dems, and then forgotten. Dupe.

That's is a f...king LIE... there was NOTHING about protecting from lawsuits..
because LAWYERS in 2008 gave Obama/Democrats $300 million alone!

Why not raise TAXES on millionaire lawyers 10% on their $100 billion income?
Take the $10 billion form a for profit insurance company that would also collect from
hospitals 10% of their current estimated "uncompensated" costs of hospitals.
Per below table in 2009 5,008 hospitals had $39.1 billion.

This combined $14 billion would be used to pay hospitals "uncompensated" care costs
IF the hospitals agree NOT to pad and pass on to insurance companies and Medicare
uncompensated costs AND that all the claims be sent to the insurance company to
process. Each "uninsured" would be registered and provide health insurance from the
$14 billion in premium.
With the truly 8 million "uninsured" this means equal to a $3,000 policy per person!

National Uncompensated Care Based on Cost*: 1980-2009 (in Billions),
Registered Community Hospitals
Uncompensated % of Total
Year Hospitals Care Cost Expenses
1980 5828 $3.9 5.1%
1981 5812 $4.7 5.2%
1982 5796 $5.3 5.1%
1983 5782 $6.1 5.3%
1984 5757 $7.4 6.0%
1985 5729 $7.6 5.8%
1986 5676 $8.9 6.4%
1987 5597 $9.5 6.2%
1988 5499 $10.4 6.2%
1989 5448 $11.1 6.0%
1990 5370 $12.1 6.0%
1991 5329 $13.4 6.0%
1992 5287 $14.7 5.9%
1993 5252 $16.0 6.0%
1994 5206 $16.8 6.1%
1995 5166 $17.5 6.1%
1996 5134 $18.0 6.1%
1997 5057 $18.5 6.0%
1998 5015 $19.0 6.0%
1999 4956 $20.7 6.2%
2000 4915 $21.6 6.0%
2001 4908 $21.5 5.6%
2002 4927 $22.3 5.4%
2003 4895 $24.9 5.5%
2004 4919 $26.9 5.6%
2005 4936 $28.9 5.6%
2006 4927 $31.2 5.7%
2007 4897 $34.0 5.8%
2008 5010 $36.4 5.8%
2009 5008 $39.1 6.0%
Source: Health Forum, AHA Annual Survey Data, 1980-2009
www.aha.org/content/00-10/10uncompensatedcare.pdf

The fact that the Administration is pulling back incentives to enroll in its high-risk pool may signify its acceptance that the pre-existing condition problem is nowhere near as big as it was portrayed during the health care debate. This is yet another reminder that Obamacare isn’t just terrible health policy with disastrous consequences; it’s overreaching, taxpayer-funded programs that our country didn’t need.

Another Failure for Obamacare

Not quite -- the pre-existing condition crisis IS that big.. Almost half of men over 55 are diagnosed with one or both of hyperlipidosis (statin drugs) or hypertension (more drugs). That is ENOUGH to cause an insurance rejection for individual plans..

You might notice that NO ONE wants to be the guinea pig to place their lives LITERALLY in the hands of bureaucrats who are more worried about their jobs (post Supreme Ct. ruling) then they are in whether you'll be insured in six months from now..

People are not stupid.. No matter HOW bad their current situation is --- they know that tossing in with Washington can always make things worse...

Lower total enrollment and high per enrollee costs are related issues. That's just how division works. Total spending is still well below where the CMS actuary predicted it would be at this point--namely, exhausted (since funding for the pools is capped at $5 billion over the 2010-2014 period, it's not possible for them to go over budget). He thought the money would run out in 2011 or 2012; in reality, only 2 percent of that money had been spent by spring 2011.

High-risk pools are not a viable long-term solution. Someone tell the Romney campaign so they can stop pitching them as a viable alternative to the ACA.

how about CLASS? ....that matter?

It is a simple FACT of economics!
Insurance actuaries determined in the past certain pre-existing conditions would cost more in claims..
DUH!!!

So what was the brilliant solution of Obamacare? Don't allow "pre-existing conditions"!
Wow sounds so great. Will hurt those EVIL health insurance companies profits right where it hurts!
DUH!!!!
Guess what you idiots that believed Obamacare!
The companies RAISED the rates to cover those people with "pre-existing"!

SO a simple illustration was the smoker versus non-smoker!
The 46 million smokers NOW don't have to report.
AND of that 46 million MOST will get cancer.
Making insurance claims.

Solution? Raise the rates for everyone smokers/ non-smokers!
In the past if a smoker required to say so company would charge them more!
NO more! NOW insurance company raises rates for EVERYONE because they don't know who smokes!

Estimates range from 2 to 4 million, out of a total population of about 260 million people under the age of 65.
How to Cover Pre-existing Conditions > Publications > National Affairs

We have been turned down by every insurance company out there because of this pre-existing condition bullcrap!! Without ACA we would have been spending 1,000's every month!! We found out about this from a health care provider. It's a little bit more expensive than the other insurance companies but we NEEDED some kind of help! I have a minimum paying job that helps, YOU, rich folk do your jobs!

Maybe if more people knew where to look and if they knew this website existed then their number's wouldn't be so high. I don't watch commercials anymore- if there were some about this. And I don't watch the news because it's way too depressing. I don't read the newspaper, but I do read some of the live stuff off my phone and whatever news people post on XXXXX.

OH YEA! And by the year 2015 -A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care. In other words we'll be paying for value NOT volume!

We're headed in the right direction! But the only true way to make the world change and the leader's change their ideas of money and greed is for something drastic to happen!! Just look at all the old empires. We've only been around for a blink of the time compared to the old civilizations. We will fall hard!

XXXXXX

Thank you Obama!

We have been turned down by every insurance company out there because of this pre-existing condition bullcrap!! Without ACA we would have been spending 1,000's every month!! We found out about this from a health care provider. It's a little bit more expensive than the other insurance companies but we NEEDED some kind of help! I have a minimum paying job that helps, YOU, rich folk do your jobs!

Maybe if more people knew where to look and if they knew this website existed then their number's wouldn't be so high. I don't watch commercials anymore- if there were some about this. And I don't watch the news because it's way too depressing. I don't read the newspaper, but I do read some of the live stuff off my phone and whatever news people post on XXXXX.

OH YEA! And by the year 2015 -A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care. In other words we'll be paying for value NOT volume!

We're headed in the right direction! But the only true way to make the world change and the leader's change their ideas of money and greed is for something drastic to happen!! Just look at all the old empires. We've only been around for a blink of the time compared to the old civilizations. We will fall hard!

XXXXXX

Thank you Obama!

That sounds really ominous.. Last I or my doctor wants is some bureacratic office dinging my doctor for spending extra time with me to answer my concerns or properly give me directions for care.. And don't tell me that won't happen.. When value is determine in an a remote unaccountable office, you better run far far away from the product..

Forum List

Back