Another Obama Cluster fuck-Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon « Hot Air

This is going to help the Defense Department weather looming budget cuts, for sure. Teaming up with the Department of Agriculture (which has a cheery Rotary Club ring to it), the Navy has purchased 450,000 gallons of biofuel for about $16 a gallon, or about 4 times the price of its standard marine fuel, JP-5, which has been going for under $4 a gallon.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Destined to become another Green project flop, Taxpayers have lost billions in solar bullshit ,and now lets go piss away a few more , its no wonder we are going down the shitter.

$what-change-looks-like.jpg

From your source:
Two companies will participate in the program -- Louisiana-based Dynamic Fuels, a joint venture of Tyson foods and Syntroleum Corp, which makes biofuel from used cooking oil; and California based Solazyme, which makes fuel from algae.

Administration officials say the aim is to promote the use of biofuels, to reduce dependence on unstable sources of foreign oil and reduce budget shocks from oil price hikes.

The fuel will power planes and the surface ships of the "Great Green Fleet Carrier Strike Force" in summer 2012 exercises off Hawaii. The carrier itself is nuclear-powered.

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said the Navy's led the way in power innovation -- from sail to coal, coal to diesel, diesel to nuclear, and now to biofuel.

Read more: Navy, Agriculture Departments to Purchase Biofuels For Fleets | Fox News

:)

Obamination is cutting the DoD budget to pieces but now forcing the Navy to come up with extra money to fuel their ships and planes.....insane.

if there is any proof one needs to see he is trying to destroy this country, this is it.

I saw an article about one of his goons in the Pentagon that "discovered" people in the Reserves and National Guard make their base salary just working 4 hours called an IDT. Typically the military Reservist or Guardsman will do "2" IDTs on each weekend day which is (gasp) double pay!

So a liberal asswipe placed in the Pentagon wants to change the IDTs rule which is a benefit to part-time military giving them a base pay for 4 hours of work when that is all some can do around their normal jobs......oh, but that money saved cutting this program goes down the shitter with the Navy spending $26/gallon for gas.

A bit rough on the President I would say. He doesn't have the education in science or economics to make these decision someone is making them for him. But let's us say that his goal is to replace gasoline. Certainly the initial price of any substitute is going to be higher. That stands to reason. What scares me is that I don't think Obama's plan is to lower the price of the bio fuel to match gasoline, he is going to get gasoline to match bio fuel. See rich people like him are immune to this types of thing. It doesn't matter to our ruling elite what the price of gasoline may be. It only matter when it starts to cost votes. So enjoy the "lower" prices until November.

There was another thread on this but I guess it didn't produce enough uninformed reactionary rage against the president, Take two.

Biofuel can only come down as capacity increases and I for one would love to tell the Saudis to get bent, I'd pay extra for that.

Biofuel can only come down as capacity increases and I for one would love to tell the Saudis to get bent, I'd pay extra for that.

I too, do you see it happening?

Oh yes, if republicans do not murder the effort out of fossil fuel prejudice, it is no accident that the oil companies all have pilot plants, the algae plants are already producing marketable hydrogen.

You can't very well pull up an aircraft carrier to the local 7-11, so it stands to reason that supplying massive quantities of this bio whatsitcalled presents some expensive logistical challenges.

Nevertheless, we are all paying the price so Obama can make a statement that fits his agenda.

Processing and blending bio cock requires massive quantities of fresh water, natural gas, and electricity. Not to mention a damn big waste stream.

That's what we Americans are- the waste stream in Obama's wet dream.

What a folly clown moron cock diesel.

Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon « Hot Air

This is going to help the Defense Department weather looming budget cuts, for sure. Teaming up with the Department of Agriculture (which has a cheery Rotary Club ring to it), the Navy has purchased 450,000 gallons of biofuel for about $16 a gallon, or about 4 times the price of its standard marine fuel, JP-5, which has been going for under $4 a gallon.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Destined to become another Green project flop, Taxpayers have lost billions in solar bullshit ,and now lets go piss away a few more , its no wonder we are going down the shitter.

View attachment 19838
First off, they are testing it out. They bought a days worth of bio fuel, of course to some we should not try out new forms of energy. I say when you need 900,000 gallons for just one day, it might be beneficial to check something out, you know think about the future.

A Navy spokesperson told Fox News that the 900,000 gallons represent a single day's worth of fuel at RIMPAC. He also said the price of biofuels would drop once purchases increase. "Investments in biofuel will produce a competitively priced — and domestically produced — alternative to conventional fuel. Such investments help the Navy and the nation become less dependent on foreign oil and thus less subject to volatility in oil prices that directly affect our readiness," the spokesperson said.

At a recent press conference, Mabus said the Navy has the purchasing power necessary to increase biofuel production and lower prices. "We use 2 percent of all the fossil fuels that the United States uses," he said. "And one of the things that this means is that we can bring the market [to us]. And to paraphrase the old 'Field of Dreams' line, if the Navy comes, they will build it."
Greening the fleet: Republicans criticize $26 a gallon biofuel being tested by the Navy | MNN - Mother Nature Network

You can't very well pull up an aircraft carrier to the local 7-11, so it stands to reason that supplying massive quantities of this bio whatsitcalled presents some expensive logistical challenges.

Nevertheless, we are all paying the price so Obama can make a statement that fits his agenda.

Processing and blending bio cock requires massive quantities of fresh water, natural gas, and electricity. Not to mention a damn big waste stream.

That's what we Americans are- the waste stream in Obama's wet dream.

What a folly clown moron cock diesel.

And to drill for oil is great for the environment?
Its kind of like saying wind power is an eye sore.......Have you been to Billings, Mt or Denver, Colorado? I have seen how beautiful the refineries look there, can't imagine what it looks like in Texas and the Gulf.
Of course there is the natural disasters Oil has caused.......But yes, we should not look into bio fuels because of the process it takes to make it.

Forum List

Back