Another Obama Cluster fuck-Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon

Discussion in 'Energy' started by Nova78, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Nova78

Nova78 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon « Hot Air

This is going to help the Defense Department weather looming budget cuts, for sure. Teaming up with the Department of Agriculture (which has a cheery Rotary Club ring to it), the Navy has purchased 450,000 gallons of biofuel for about $16 a gallon, or about 4 times the price of its standard marine fuel, JP-5, which has been going for under $4 a gallon.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Destined to become another Green project flop, Taxpayers have lost billions in solar bullshit ,and now lets go piss away a few more , its no wonder we are going down the shitter.

$what-change-looks-like.jpg

2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,113
    Are you sure you've thoroughly researched that story...?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,128
    I thought it was $26.00 a gallon...

4. Pheonixops

Pheonixops Proud Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864
    From your source:
    Two companies will participate in the program -- Louisiana-based Dynamic Fuels, a joint venture of Tyson foods and Syntroleum Corp, which makes biofuel from used cooking oil; and California based Solazyme, which makes fuel from algae.

Administration officials say the aim is to promote the use of biofuels, to reduce dependence on unstable sources of foreign oil and reduce budget shocks from oil price hikes.

The fuel will power planes and the surface ships of the "Great Green Fleet Carrier Strike Force" in summer 2012 exercises off Hawaii. The carrier itself is nuclear-powered.

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said the Navy's led the way in power innovation -- from sail to coal, coal to diesel, diesel to nuclear, and now to biofuel.

Read more: Navy, Agriculture Departments to Purchase Biofuels For Fleets | Fox News

:)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +495
    Obamination is cutting the DoD budget to pieces but now forcing the Navy to come up with extra money to fuel their ships and planes.....insane.

if there is any proof one needs to see he is trying to destroy this country, this is it.

I saw an article about one of his goons in the Pentagon that "discovered" people in the Reserves and National Guard make their base salary just working 4 hours called an IDT. Typically the military Reservist or Guardsman will do "2" IDTs on each weekend day which is (gasp) double pay!

So a liberal asswipe placed in the Pentagon wants to change the IDTs rule which is a benefit to part-time military giving them a base pay for 4 hours of work when that is all some can do around their normal jobs......oh, but that money saved cutting this program goes down the shitter with the Navy spending $26/gallon for gas.

6. Nova78

Nova78 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268

Yea ,I heard the $ 26.00 to, but I gave the idiots that be the benefit of doubt of the lower price I heard of.....

7. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,191
    Yeah I love this green enery, only the rich can use it, hmmmmmmm

8. Nova78

Nova78 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Yea go buy one of them Obama green chevy volts for $40,000 on one those $10.00 an hour Obama shovel ready jobs , there all dumb asses ........:cuckoo:

$1180156_f496.jpg

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    The Story is quiet True. Though the Government Claims the Price will come down. Currently it's over 20 a Gallon compared to about 3.60 a gallon for the normal Fuel none nuclear Navel Vessels use.

10. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,053
    A bit rough on the President I would say. He doesn't have the education in science or economics to make these decision someone is making them for him. But let's us say that his goal is to replace gasoline. Certainly the initial price of any substitute is going to be higher. That stands to reason. What scares me is that I don't think Obama's plan is to lower the price of the bio fuel to match gasoline, he is going to get gasoline to match bio fuel. See rich people like him are immune to this types of thing. It doesn't matter to our ruling elite what the price of gasoline may be. It only matter when it starts to cost votes. So enjoy the "lower" prices until November.