Another Obama Cluster fuck-Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon

The Concept is Retarded. Want to try it on Research Vessels? Government Vehicles, like EPA, go for it. That you don't see the problem with current policy, or the impracticability of it is of great concern. Obama needs a long vacation.

You can't very well pull up an aircraft carrier to the local 7-11, so it stands to reason that supplying massive quantities of this bio whatsitcalled presents some expensive logistical challenges.

Nevertheless, we are all paying the price so Obama can make a statement that fits his agenda.

Processing and blending bio cock requires massive quantities of fresh water, natural gas, and electricity. Not to mention a damn big waste stream.

That's what we Americans are- the waste stream in Obama's wet dream.

What a folly clown moron cock diesel.

And to drill for oil is great for the environment?
Its kind of like saying wind power is an eye sore.......Have you been to Billings, Mt or Denver, Colorado? I have seen how beautiful the refineries look there, can't imagine what it looks like in Texas and the Gulf.
Of course there is the natural disasters Oil has caused.......But yes, we should not look into bio fuels because of the process it takes to make it.

Both ethanol and biodiesel have a singular purpose- to get an incremental bushel of grain to market. Those are the primary objectives. The marketing of Big Ag. Smoke and mirrors.

I've been in the bowels of refineries large and small. By and large, they smell. :D

Government supporting failing business, the new norm, with the taxpayer taking in the ass, only the government is running out of taxpayers and money, we live on borrowed money and time................:eusa_whistle:

$IS189-015.jpg

$IS189-046.jpg

$i-xwvZWZW-S.jpg

From your source:
Two companies will participate in the program -- Louisiana-based Dynamic Fuels, a joint venture of Tyson foods and Syntroleum Corp, which makes biofuel from used cooking oil; and California based Solazyme, which makes fuel from algae.

Administration officials say the aim is to promote the use of biofuels, to reduce dependence on unstable sources of foreign oil and reduce budget shocks from oil price hikes.

The fuel will power planes and the surface ships of the "Great Green Fleet Carrier Strike Force" in summer 2012 exercises off Hawaii. The carrier itself is nuclear-powered.

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said the Navy's led the way in power innovation -- from sail to coal, coal to diesel, diesel to nuclear, and now to biofuel.

Read more: Navy, Agriculture Departments to Purchase Biofuels For Fleets | Fox News

:)

Those sailors better hope that we considering super-sizing our french fries a patriotic duty. Or they could be stranded at sea waiting for "used cooking oil" from the French.

Holy crap -- what a freaking circus...

The biofuel costs from $26.00 a gallon to $67.00 a gallon.

Biofuels Industry at Crossroads as Military Waits for Lower Prices (UPDATED)

The Navy is paying $12 million for 450,000 gallons of biofuel to power a carrier strike group off the coast of Hawaii this year. That $26.6-per-gallon purchase is nowhere near the $2.50 the service pays for each gallon of petroleum. (It has been stated that it would be about $16 per gallon if it were mixed with standard jet fuel.) But it can be considered a good deal when compared to what the Navy paid biofuels supplier Solazyme Inc. under a previous contract.

The service in 2009 spent $8.5 million for 20,000 gallons of algae-based fuel. That works out to $425 per gallon. In the fall of that year, the Defense Logistics Agency paid Montana’s Sustainable Oils $2.7 million for 40,000 gallons of fuel from the camelina plant. That’s about $67.50 per gallon.

It's not a clusterfuck. It's specifically designed to make the Navy too expensive to maintain.

I wonder what campaign contributor gets a piece of that pie. More corruption for sure. I always loved the cost plus method of billing that defense contractor have. The higher the cost the higher the profit. It is insame to pay that when we can get it sooooooo much cheaper.

exactly, its $26 not $16..:lol:

The 'Green' Premium: 620% | ZeroHedge

Wait until they load up on the Algae-based stuff. Wonder if all that includes maintenance to tear down and clean the fuel systems after the great Green cruise...

That footer isn't so bad Trajan.. I've had haircuts more embarassing than that..
:cool:

Forum List

Back