Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music

‘Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music, this time the cease and desist is coming from the band Linkin Park.

On Saturday night, President Trump retweeted a campaign video that featured the band's 2002 hit song 'In The End.' Linkin Park swiftly took action on having the video removed and shared a message with fans on Twitter.

"Linkin Park did not and does not endorse Trump, nor authorize his organization to use any of our music," reads their statement. "A cease and desist has been issued."

This isn't the first time a music artist has told the Trump campaign not to use their music. Earlier this month, musician Neil Young stated he was 'NOT ok' with Trump playing his music during the White House's Mount Rushmore event celebrating Independence Day. Last month, The Rolling Stones threatening legal action against Trump's campaign for using their music at his campaign rallies. A week before that, the family of the late Tom Petty filed a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign after one of the musician's songs was played at a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.’

Trump is a racist, a bigot, and a misogynist – no artist wants Trump to use their music, no artist wants to be in any way associated with Trump, and understandably so.
Shitty band, shitty song. Trump needs a better D.J.

Rump needs to stop stealing creative property. Or he needs to get permission first, pay the person for the use. But that's now the Mafia Style Don operates. Screw the laws, they don't apply.
If we got what we really wanted you leftists would not exist only the Good Lord knows why he doesn't just knock you idiots dead.

As long as it twists you commies panties in a wad, I'm good.

All we need is the National Anthem.

It's very effective.

I have a Communist neighbor who shows up 2-3 times a week wanting help with her computer. Or getting the lid off a jar. Or figuring out how to use something she just bought for a wilderness walk. Who knew cook-pots needed formal courses in how to operate the folding handle?

Having got sick of it, I put several versions of The National Anthem in a file on the desk of my workbench computer. She comes in; I fire it up. She leaves. But if she's really in deep shit she will stay but grits her teeth to the point where her dentist is gonna get rich. I think I'll give him a copy of my tracks for his audio system......but but I believe he'll value HER money more than his sanity.

Do you honestly believe that the National Anthem bothers me? Well, it did when I stood at attention saluting during a rainstorm of a snowstorm. You have no idea what it takes to be a real patriot and you haven't paid anything to call yourself a Patriot.
Dumb ass he was responding to Ricky LIbtardo not you so I do believe it does bother you since you solicited your unwarranted input.
and you have no idea what it takes to be a patriot. Patriots fight even if it means their death I've read your posts and from what I've read you would run

‘Another musician is telling the Trump campaign to stop using their music, this time the cease and desist is coming from the band Linkin Park.

On Saturday night, President Trump retweeted a campaign video that featured the band's 2002 hit song 'In The End.' Linkin Park swiftly took action on having the video removed and shared a message with fans on Twitter.

"Linkin Park did not and does not endorse Trump, nor authorize his organization to use any of our music," reads their statement. "A cease and desist has been issued."

This isn't the first time a music artist has told the Trump campaign not to use their music. Earlier this month, musician Neil Young stated he was 'NOT ok' with Trump playing his music during the White House's Mount Rushmore event celebrating Independence Day. Last month, The Rolling Stones threatening legal action against Trump's campaign for using their music at his campaign rallies. A week before that, the family of the late Tom Petty filed a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign after one of the musician's songs was played at a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.’

Trump is a racist, a bigot, and a misogynist – no artist wants Trump to use their music, no artist wants to be in any way associated with Trump, and understandably so.
Seems to me that all of these groups are bigots.

Welp, Cult45 is full of bigots and racists, so you got that in common. They would probably steal stuff from your political tribe if ya'll had any talent or creativity. But you all seem to dispense your wisdom from that one brain cell you all share, so that idea is out. :dunno:
Pot calling the Kettle black.
Seems to me the bigotry is exclusive to your side.
We aren't the ones telling people they can't enjoy our music.
We aren't the ones telling people that only black lives matter.
We aren't the ones beating the shit out of people because of the color of their skin.
We aren't the ones telling people that they aren't wanted in our meetings, our parties, and our getogethers.
Seems to me the bigots and racists are folks like you.

Do you honestly believe that the National Anthem bothers me? Well, it did when I stood at attention saluting during a rainstorm of a snowstorm. You have no idea what it takes to be a real patriot and you haven't paid anything to call yourself a Patriot.

I really don't give a shit whether The National Anthem bothers you.

You don't live next door to me.

But if you did - well I might have to get a bigger sound system. Just to find out.

I really don't give a shit whether The National Anthem bothers you.

You don't live next door to me.

But if you did - well I might have to get a bigger sound system. Just to find out.

Once again, the threats from the Party of the Rumpers. That's a game you can't win. I still have my Professional Sound System. And I don't HAVE to get a bigger system.

Forum List

Back