Another little boy with life threatening health issue

Discussion in 'ObamaCare' started by Luddly Neddite, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Divine.Wind

Divine.Wind Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,583
    Since you are an avowed atheist and often anti-Christian, I find your assumptions presumptuous. It'd be like me dictating to Jews or Muslims what I think they believe or what they should believe.

The bottom line here is that forcing people to pay for other people their entire lives is wrong. Sure it's noble to help someone who is down, to help minors get a good start in life or to help the sick and elderly. It's not so noble to force people to give up the sweat of their brow in a idealistic attempt to "level the playing field" between those who work and those who choose not to work.

Our system is fucked up right now. It rewards laziness when it should be rewarding hard work. It rewards negligence when it should reward competence. It rewards poor life choices when it should reward smart choices. Yes, there are inequities and those should be corrected, but just throwing Other People's money at it without fixing the actual problems isn't the solution.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,162
    A multitude of starving people, one person feeds them all.

Not hard to figure that out, except if you are a conservative and you have a never ending mission to make your selfishness noble.

3. Divine.Wind

Divine.Wind Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,583
    Please explain what you mean by "figure that out" since that can be taken a couple of different ways and I'd hate to assume I knew what you meant.

4. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,100
    Expecting people to do for their own kids what is their responsibility doesn't mean worshipping the wealthy. If you want to call it anything, it could be called worshipping personal responsibility and Jesus would support that.

Anyone that believes Jesus taught it was his/her place to make decisions on behalf of someone else and their money when it comes to who gets help is going against the teachings of Jesus. It's not your place to determine for anyone but you how another person gets help. It's not your place to make that determination on my behalf. If you want to help someone where you see the need and do it with your money, I won't say a word to you. All I ask is you return the favor.

5. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,100
    It's not selfish to want to keep what you've earned. It is selfish, and you practice it well, to demand how what someone else earned should be used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,100
    He means he thinks it's his place to determine for others how their hard earned money should be used when it comes to helping people. He's the typical bleeding heart Liberal that claims to care so much for others he's willing to spend someone else's money proving it.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. Tresha91203

Tresha91203 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,229
    ????? Didn't our Dem representatives exempt themselves from Obama Care?