Another little boy with life threatening health issue

Sad story and a shame that people have acted cruelly but the child is getting care.

When some decision panel is allowed to decide to pull out his life support system over and above the wishes of the parents who are attempting to get their child to a place that wants to help let us all know.
I think it's more about affordability than death panels....both which have the same results.

While a hospital will make patients "comfortable", that's a lot cheaper expensive experimental treatments.

Example: A few dollars worth of morphine is a lot cheaper for a family than to treat their grandfather's lung cancer with months of treatment, hospitalization and an iffy outcome.

Sad story and a shame that people have acted cruelly but the child is getting care.

When some decision panel is allowed to decide to pull out his life support system over and above the wishes of the parents who are attempting to get their child to a place that wants to help let us all know.

That's the point.

Under ObamaCares, the parents pay for insurance and the child gets care.

That's the point of what the mother wrote - that if ObamaCares is repealed, people will die, including this child.

The trump/ryan debacle would not insure the child and it has caps on treatment.

A further point is that the House Rs voted to exempt themselves from trump/ryan care. They would get to keep the coverage they now enjoy at our expense. Makes me remember the tee potty slime would, having just been elected, was very upset that he and his family would not get ObamaCares immediately.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Legislators, lawyers, judges, prosecutors. and law enforcement should never be allowed to be exempt from the laws that they pass and are supposed to uphold.

That's the point.

Under ObamaCares, the parents pay for insurance and the child gets care.

That's the point of what the mother wrote - that if ObamaCares is repealed, people will die, including this child.

The trump/ryan debacle would not insure the child and it has caps on treatment.

A further point is that the House Rs voted to exempt themselves from trump/ryan care. They would get to keep the coverage they now enjoy at our expense. Makes me remember the tee potty slime would, having just been elected, was very upset that he and his family would not get ObamaCares immediately.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

"Under ObamaCares, the parents pay for insurance and the child gets care."

How is it the parents are paying for their insurance if they are getting a subsidy funded by someone forced to offset the cost of THEIR coverage?

Look at it as an opportunity for you, a bleeding heart, to prove you you care as much as you claim you care. My responsibility for providing coverage is for MY family. If you choose to take on others, don't pass the bill along to me. Pay it yourself on their behalf.

What are you trying to say? Does

typing in larger font make your

point more correct?

Actually, I simple forgot to shrink it from the links.

Does being needlessly rude help you make your point?

I laid out the purpose of the thread in some detail in the OP. Read and reply or don't.

I agree with you, and this is where I always part ways with the conservatives. ALL of our people should have access to medical care, but I just don't think that Obamacare is the answer. I don't think it addresses some of the problems that make healthcare so expensive to begin with. Insurance companies are going to have their limitations too. We need to do some things to bring down the actual costs of healthcare to begin with. I would be for single payer, but I can't really trust the government to do a good job or to make the right decisions.

I provide that access to the only ones for which I am responsible. MY family. Therefore, ALL of my people are provided with it. It's not my responsibility to provide to others what they aren't willing to provide themselves. However, if you feel the need to do so, feel free to spend YOUR money as you wish.

The wealthy who the Pubs cater to want a tax cut.

The freeloaders unwilling to provide their own healthcare coverage and only want something else handed to them are who the Dems cater to because they want votes.

Mom of Boy With Rare Disorder Shares Hospital Bill in Response to Health Care Plans
"Look my son in the eyes and tell him that he's fought so hard to be here but sorry, you're just not worth it anymore."

"Heterotaxy syndrome literally means different arrangement," Chandra told CNN. "Any of the internal organs can be malformed, missing, multiplied or misplaced. Ethan was born with nine congenital heart defects and he has two left lungs. Five or so spleens of dubious function, his liver and his gallbladder are down the middle of his body along with his heart, and then his stomach is on the right instead of the left side."

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

How come other countries can afford decent health care for their population but the US, with a much larger tax base, cannot? Looking at the bill above goes a long way toward answering that question. Look at the co-pay.

Where's is trump's offer to help? Its within his power to keep and fix the system. He won't do it though.

What does McConnell, LyinRyan and other Repubs have to say about a case like this? They won't work to fix our health care system either. And for the same reason trump won't.

How about you RWs who gushed all over the threads about the little baby in GB? What's your advise to this family? Should they move to GB? Europe, Cuba? Thailand? Or do you think they should be able to get decent health care in their own country?

This child is already born, conservatives don't care about children that are living. They will say this child's life isn't worth a dime of taxpayer money. They won't say it out loud, they'll attempt to conceal their debauchery with phrases like "what does the mother want, a handout?" "Why should they have to pay for someone else's child?"

Being pro-birth is easy, it costs them no money or effort, they just have to say the words. Clean, costless, painless.

Being pro-life takes effort and money and you better goddamn believe they are not going to spend a penny or expend energy for someone else's child.

Mom of Boy With Rare Disorder Shares Hospital Bill in Response to Health Care Plans
"Look my son in the eyes and tell him that he's fought so hard to be here but sorry, you're just not worth it anymore."

"Heterotaxy syndrome literally means different arrangement," Chandra told CNN. "Any of the internal organs can be malformed, missing, multiplied or misplaced. Ethan was born with nine congenital heart defects and he has two left lungs. Five or so spleens of dubious function, his liver and his gallbladder are down the middle of his body along with his heart, and then his stomach is on the right instead of the left side."

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

How come other countries can afford decent health care for their population but the US, with a much larger tax base, cannot? Looking at the bill above goes a long way toward answering that question. Look at the co-pay.

Where's is trump's offer to help? Its within his power to keep and fix the system. He won't do it though.

What does McConnell, LyinRyan and other Repubs have to say about a case like this? They won't work to fix our health care system either. And for the same reason trump won't.

How about you RWs who gushed all over the threads about the little baby in GB? What's your advise to this family? Should they move to GB? Europe, Cuba? Thailand? Or do you think they should be able to get decent health care in their own country?

This child is already born, conservatives don't care about children that are living. They will say this child's life isn't worth a dime of taxpayer money. They won't say it out loud, they'll attempt to conceal their debauchery with phrases like "what does the mother want, a handout?" "Why should they have to pay for someone else's child?"

Being pro-birth is easy, it costs them no money or effort, they just have to say the words. Clean, costless, painless.

Being pro-life takes effort and money and you better goddamn believe they are not going to spend a penny or expend energy for someone else's child.
Wow, you make broad-brushing and hatred look so easy. Kudos!

Since Obamacare was the child of The Democrat Party of Death - hard to understand why they don't want it to die. I mean, they could just call it an extremely late term abortion!

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

This is the reality of conservative 'caring' about children. It ends when it will cost them a nickel or require them to do more than bitch about something. If cons simply started giving a damn about the already born they'd at least be respectable when they wail about 'children'.

point more correct?

I laid out the purpose of the thread in some detail in the OP. Read and reply or don't.

I agree with you, and this is where I always part ways with the conservatives. ALL of our people should have access to medical care, but I just don't think that Obamacare is the answer. I don't think it addresses some of the problems that make healthcare so expensive to begin with. Insurance companies are going to have their limitations too. We need to do some things to bring down the actual costs of healthcare to begin with. I would be for single payer, but I can't really trust the government to do a good job or to make the right decisions.

I provide that access to the only ones for which I am responsible. MY family. Therefore, ALL of my people are provided with it. It's not my responsibility to provide to others what they aren't willing to provide themselves. However, if you feel the need to do so, feel free to spend YOUR money as you wish.

And here you subsidize the congress and pay for the Pres health ins, but yet you do not complain about them. Let them pay their own premiums, why should we.

Since Obamacare was the child of The Democrat Party of Death - hard to understand why they don't want it to die. I mean, they could just call it an extremely late term abortion!

Hey why do you allow abortions if raped?? Or incest. Hypocrite. Choice is the law by constitution, no sense in bringing It up. Many Pubs get abortions as well .

point more correct?

And here you subsidize the congress and pay for the Pres health ins, but yet you do not complain about them. Let them pay their own premiums, why should we.

I agree. Why should we. Let them pay their own premiums, too.

Since I've clarified that I do have a problem doing something for which you say I have no problem, let's get back to what I said about the OP. Not my responsibility. If you want to take it on, do so. Not my problem.

I agree that Congress needs to live by the same rules they set for everyone else.

As for American healthcare, there is a national security issue in that immunizations prevent epidemics and both preventive medicine and proper nutrition produce healthier Americans as taxpayers and military personnel.

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

This is the reality of conservative 'caring' about children. It ends when it will cost them a nickel or require them to do more than bitch about something. If cons simply started giving a damn about the already born they'd at least be respectable when they wail about 'children'.

I do give a damn about the already born. MINE. Since they are my only responsibility, mine ends when those parents unwilling to spend that nickel on their own kids start demanding the rest of us do it for them. If those that demand others be forced to do for their kids what they won't do themselves gave a damn about their own kids enough to care for them, this wouldn't be an issue. Have you ever wondered that the reason the rest of us that aren't a kid's parent are expected to give a damn is solely because those that are their parents don't give a damn? I take care of my kids. Expecting others to do the same is not asking them to do anything other than what I've already done. How much more respectful can one be?

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

I do give a damn about the already born. MINE. Since they are my only responsibility, mine ends when those parents unwilling to spend that nickel on their own kids start demanding the rest of us do it for them. If those that demand others be forced to do for their kids what they won't do themselves gave a damn about their own kids enough to care for them, this wouldn't be an issue. Have you ever wondered that the reason the rest of us that aren't a kid's parent are expected to give a damn is solely because those that are their parents don't give a damn? I take care of my kids. Expecting others to do the same is not asking them to do anything other than what I've already done. How much more respectful can one be?

You've just made the age old conservative attempt at making selfishness noble.

A Christian cannot believe such a thing or they are not a Christian. For you particularly if you aren't a Christian no problem. You act as many animals in nature act in general, survival of your own klan, let the rest die. If you aren't conservative you exhibit the conservative viewpoint, It's a dog eat dog world and if you die while my kids live then tough shit. Again, this is in direct opposition to what Jesus Christ was for those who would dare call themself a Christian.

And isn't it odd that the very people that live a life of dog eat dog are the ones that overwhelmingly claim to be Christian, or religious. Guilt has its day after all. But the guilt isn't enough to change the behavior. I'd simply prefer people be honest with themselves and admit they have no clue who Jesus Christ was or what he taught. That they simply wrap the bible around their godless lives.

DDDOXs5VoAAbvUQ.jpg

A Christian cannot believe such a thing or they are not a Christian. For you particularly if you aren't a Christian no problem. You act as many animals in nature act in general, survival of your own klan, let the rest die. If you aren't conservative you exhibit the conservative viewpoint, It's a dog eat dog world and if you die while my kids live then tough shit. Again, this is in direct opposition to what Jesus Christ was for those who would dare call themself a Christian.

And isn't it odd that the very people that live a life of dog eat dog are the ones that overwhelmingly claim to be Christian, or religious. Guilt has its day after all. But the guilt isn't enough to change the behavior. I'd simply prefer people be honest with themselves and admit they have no clue who Jesus Christ was or what he taught. That they simply wrap the bible around their godless lives.

I'm fully aware of what Jesus taught. Nowhere in his teachings did he advocate you being able to determine for me who I help or don't help. I wish you'd either express the teachings of Jesus correctly or don't mention him at all if you're going to misrepresent his teachings.

Interesting how you expect others to do things a certain way yet won't do them that way yourself. Why do you believe it's my place to do something for someone his/her own parents won't do? Shouldn't the parents have that responsibility?

I'm fully aware of what Jesus taught. Nowhere in his teachings did he advocate you being able to determine for me who I help or don't help. I wish you'd either express the teachings of Jesus correctly or don't mention him at all if you're going to misrepresent his teachings.

Interesting how you expect others to do things a certain way yet won't do them that way yourself. Why do you believe it's my place to do something for someone his/her own parents won't do? Shouldn't the parents have that responsibility?

Yes, modern day conservatives lawyer the bible as if they are in law school. Jesus didn't equivocate. If you worship the wealthy and despise the poor you are anti-thetical to who Christ was. Simple.

Forum List

Back