Another little boy with life threatening health issue

You've just made the age old conservative attempt at making selfishness noble.

A Christian cannot believe such a thing or they are not a Christian. For you particularly if you aren't a Christian no problem. You act as many animals in nature act in general, survival of your own klan, let the rest die. If you aren't conservative you exhibit the conservative viewpoint, It's a dog eat dog world and if you die while my kids live then tough shit. Again, this is in direct opposition to what Jesus Christ was for those who would dare call themself a Christian.

And isn't it odd that the very people that live a life of dog eat dog are the ones that overwhelmingly claim to be Christian, or religious. Guilt has its day after all. But the guilt isn't enough to change the behavior. I'd simply prefer people be honest with themselves and admit they have no clue who Jesus Christ was or what he taught. That they simply wrap the bible around their godless lives.
Since you are an avowed atheist and often anti-Christian, I find your assumptions presumptuous. It'd be like me dictating to Jews or Muslims what I think they believe or what they should believe.

The bottom line here is that forcing people to pay for other people their entire lives is wrong. Sure it's noble to help someone who is down, to help minors get a good start in life or to help the sick and elderly. It's not so noble to force people to give up the sweat of their brow in a idealistic attempt to "level the playing field" between those who work and those who choose not to work.

Our system is fucked up right now. It rewards laziness when it should be rewarding hard work. It rewards negligence when it should reward competence. It rewards poor life choices when it should reward smart choices. Yes, there are inequities and those should be corrected, but just throwing Other People's money at it without fixing the actual problems isn't the solution.

A Christian cannot believe such a thing or they are not a Christian. For you particularly if you aren't a Christian no problem. You act as many animals in nature act in general, survival of your own klan, let the rest die. If you aren't conservative you exhibit the conservative viewpoint, It's a dog eat dog world and if you die while my kids live then tough shit. Again, this is in direct opposition to what Jesus Christ was for those who would dare call themself a Christian.

And isn't it odd that the very people that live a life of dog eat dog are the ones that overwhelmingly claim to be Christian, or religious. Guilt has its day after all. But the guilt isn't enough to change the behavior. I'd simply prefer people be honest with themselves and admit they have no clue who Jesus Christ was or what he taught. That they simply wrap the bible around their godless lives.
Since you are an avowed atheist and often anti-Christian, I find your assumptions presumptuous. It'd be like me dictating to Jews or Muslims what I think they believe or what they should believe.

The bottom line here is that forcing people to pay for other people their entire lives is wrong. Sure it's noble to help someone who is down, to help minors get a good start in life or to help the sick and elderly. It's not so noble to force people to give up the sweat of their brow in a idealistic attempt to "level the playing field" between those who work and those who choose not to work.

Our system is fucked up right now. It rewards laziness when it should be rewarding hard work. It rewards negligence when it should reward competence. It rewards poor life choices when it should reward smart choices. Yes, there are inequities and those should be corrected, but just throwing Other People's money at it without fixing the actual problems isn't the solution.

A multitude of starving people, one person feeds them all.

Not hard to figure that out, except if you are a conservative and you have a never ending mission to make your selfishness noble.

Not hard to figure that out
, except if you are a conservative and you have a never ending mission to make your selfishness noble.
Please explain what you mean by "figure that out" since that can be taken a couple of different ways and I'd hate to assume I knew what you meant.

Wow, you make broad-brushing and hatred look so easy. Kudos!

This is the reality of conservative 'caring' about children. It ends when it will cost them a nickel or require them to do more than bitch about something. If cons simply started giving a damn about the already born they'd at least be respectable when they wail about 'children'.

I do give a damn about the already born. MINE. Since they are my only responsibility, mine ends when those parents unwilling to spend that nickel on their own kids start demanding the rest of us do it for them. If those that demand others be forced to do for their kids what they won't do themselves gave a damn about their own kids enough to care for them, this wouldn't be an issue. Have you ever wondered that the reason the rest of us that aren't a kid's parent are expected to give a damn is solely because those that are their parents don't give a damn? I take care of my kids. Expecting others to do the same is not asking them to do anything other than what I've already done. How much more respectful can one be?

I'm fully aware of what Jesus taught. Nowhere in his teachings did he advocate you being able to determine for me who I help or don't help. I wish you'd either express the teachings of Jesus correctly or don't mention him at all if you're going to misrepresent his teachings.

Interesting how you expect others to do things a certain way yet won't do them that way yourself. Why do you believe it's my place to do something for someone his/her own parents won't do? Shouldn't the parents have that responsibility?

Yes, modern day conservatives lawyer the bible as if they are in law school. Jesus didn't equivocate. If you worship the wealthy and despise the poor you are anti-thetical to who Christ was. Simple.

Expecting people to do for their own kids what is their responsibility doesn't mean worshipping the wealthy. If you want to call it anything, it could be called worshipping personal responsibility and Jesus would support that.

Anyone that believes Jesus taught it was his/her place to make decisions on behalf of someone else and their money when it comes to who gets help is going against the teachings of Jesus. It's not your place to determine for anyone but you how another person gets help. It's not your place to make that determination on my behalf. If you want to help someone where you see the need and do it with your money, I won't say a word to you. All I ask is you return the favor.

Not hard to figure that out, except if you are a conservative and you have a never ending mission to make your selfishness noble.

It's not selfish to want to keep what you've earned. It is selfish, and you practice it well, to demand how what someone else earned should be used.

Not hard to figure that out
, except if you are a conservative and you have a never ending mission to make your selfishness noble.
Please explain what you mean by "figure that out" since that can be taken a couple of different ways and I'd hate to assume I knew what you meant.

He means he thinks it's his place to determine for others how their hard earned money should be used when it comes to helping people. He's the typical bleeding heart Liberal that claims to care so much for others he's willing to spend someone else's money proving it.

Sad story and a shame that people have acted cruelly but the child is getting care.

When some decision panel is allowed to decide to pull out his life support system over and above the wishes of the parents who are attempting to get their child to a place that wants to help let us all know.

That's the point.

Under ObamaCares, the parents pay for insurance and the child gets care.

That's the point of what the mother wrote - that if ObamaCares is repealed, people will die, including this child.

The trump/ryan debacle would not insure the child and it has caps on treatment.

A further point is that the House Rs voted to exempt themselves from trump/ryan care. They would get to keep the coverage they now enjoy at our expense. Makes me remember the tee potty slime would, having just been elected, was very upset that he and his family would not get ObamaCares immediately.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

????? Didn't our Dem representatives exempt themselves from Obama Care?

Forum List

Back