Another , it aint his fault story

I don't have any problem with questioning actions. That's how situations/crimes/self-defense cases get solved. Making sure of what happened...crazier things have happened. But the family should not automatically throw "Fault"/"guilt" at the officer strictly because it was their child. They knew he was mentally unstable, and that an incident like this might eventually happen one day. Parents should realize that if their child is bi-polar or mentally unstable, there is bound to be a situation one day when their life (or someone elses) is at risk.

They family is saying something about with all of the equipment the police have, such as tasers, batons, etc... he could have used one of those. While I agree that these weapons are useful tools, this guy didn't seem to have any of them, therefore his only means of protection was a gun...and even if he had baton, it's no match against a bat...sorry.

The family should not throw guilt at this officer, he will already have to live with this decision, whether he was justified or not.

Yeah, I actually read the reports while you have a knee-jerk reaction to every story. Facts can make people dizzy.

The police officer could have shot the boy as he was coming down with the bat.

He could have. But try it, you'd actually have to be in the process of striking the person on the ground to get that trajectory.

Like I said before, it's most likely that the cop acted properly.

He could have. But try it, you'd actually have to be in the process of striking the person on the ground to get that trajectory.

Like I said before, it's most likely that the cop acted properly.
I agree. But the autopsy validates the point I made in my second post of this thread: "Don't forget, there is a possibility that the facts you have read could be incorrect."

Too many people here have rushed to judgment on a tragic situation.

I agree. But the autopsy validates the point I made in my second post of this thread: "Don't forget, there is a possibility that the facts you have read could be incorrect."

Good point.

Lets not forget how incorrect the initially reported "facts" were with regard to that Londoner that got mowed down at a tube station a little while back.

I'm just having a chuckle over RGS's different take on when to believe the perp and when to believe the cops.

But the autopsy certainly raises some questions. I think, in cases involving the death of children especially, it is important to make sure procedures were followed.

I'm just having a chuckle over RGS's different take on when to believe the perp and when to believe the cops.

But the autopsy certainly raises some questions. I think, in cases involving the death of children especially, it is important to make sure procedures were followed.

My tendency is to believe the cop, as well, because I knew many cops at one time, and I can't think of any that would kill a kid unless he had no other choice. But I'm not naive enough to think such people don't exist; reading this board refutes that. And there is the possibility the cop overreacted to an assault.

I don't think it would be so much that a cop would purposely and maliciously kill a kid. Rather, cops are people, too...they make mistakes and cover them up.

Forum List

Back