Another , it aint his fault story

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Look another attempt to blame someone other than the person that did the deed.

A 250 pound 17 year old can kill someone with a bat easily. Further there were 6 witnesses to the event.

And when did schools become responsible for ensuring students had the right kind and amount of medication or therapy for medical conditions? Who knows if the kid is depressed or not? A family or a teacher with 30 to 40 students? Or 6 teachers with 30 to 40 students every hour to hour and a half?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_re_us/student_killed

I guess our schools should hire Doctors and shrinks , nannies and care givers. That cop is lucky to be alive.

Your compassion for a disturbed teenager is touching.

If the facts in the story are accurate, I'm sypathetic to the cop. I know many cops, and I'm sure he feels bad for killing the kid, even if he had no choice. That's a human reaction. I don't know how to describe your reaction.

It's also a human reaction for grieving family members to have questions and even misdirect blame, especially when a kid has died. And I'm sure they would feel really, really sorry if they knew that the manner in which they expressed their unspeakable grief had offended your delicate sensibilities.

Look another attempt to blame someone other than the person that did the deed.

A 250 pound 17 year old can kill someone with a bat easily. Further there were 6 witnesses to the event.

And when did schools become responsible for ensuring students had the right kind and amount of medication or therapy for medical conditions? Who knows if the kid is depressed or not? A family or a teacher with 30 to 40 students? Or 6 teachers with 30 to 40 students every hour to hour and a half?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_re_us/student_killed

I guess our schools should hire Doctors and shrinks , nannies and care givers. That cop is lucky to be alive.

Looks like a simple case of self-defense. The kid ambushed the cop with a bat and the cop shot him dead.

Your compassion for a disturbed teenager is touching.

If the facts in the story are accurate, I'm sypathetic to the cop. I know many cops, and I'm sure he feels bad for killing the kid, even if he had no choice. That's a human reaction. I don't know how to describe your reaction.

It's also a human reaction for grieving family members to have questions and even misdirect blame, especially when a kid has died. And I'm sure they would feel really, really sorry if they knew that the manner in which they expressed their unspeakable grief had offended your delicate sensibilities.

Sorry but I have already explained I don't feel guilty just cause I am white and 50. You want to feel guilty and bemoan the injustice of a cop defending himself and then allow the family to claim it just MUST be something else AND claim the School system should have known his mental state, medication and depression level, be my guest, just shows your ignorant.

Sorry but I have already explained I don't feel guilty just cause I am white and 50. You want to feel guilty and bemoan the injustice of a cop defending himself and then allow the family to claim it just MUST be something else AND claim the School system should have known his mental state, medication and depression level, be my guest, just shows your ignorant.
That is not even close to what I said. Unless the media omitted something, "I'm sympathetic to the cop". It appears he had no choice.

But I don't see the need to be so harsh and judgmental about the family for asking questions, or even for making stupid comments in a moment of great pain.

Don't forget, there is a possibility that the facts you have read could be incorrect.

That is not even close to what I said. Unless the media omitted something, "I'm sympathetic to the cop". It appears he had no choice.

But I don't see the need to be so harsh and judgmental about the family for asking questions, or even for making stupid comments in a moment of great pain.

Don't forget, there is a possibility that the facts you have read could be incorrect.

Don't forget the point is they claim the school should be responsible to know his level of depression, his medical prescriptions and whether he takes them properly and his overall mental State. In other words his family just dumped on the school everything that is, in fact, their responsibility. But you being a fine upstanding Liberal are part of the reason our schools have become points of esteem building excuse making and non teaching institutes.

Again, lets recap shall we? Who is more responsible to know the mood, depression level, mental state and medication level of a high school student? A series of underpaid overworked teachers with 30 to 40 kids in each class or the parents and siblings of the Student?

Further when one lives with depression one either denies the family member has it or learns that they and thus no school teacher can ever know for sure what the depressed person is think or capable of.

Depression does not go away cause you don't want to deal with it. And a depressed person is not "cured" cause he had a good day.

I can and do pretend all the time I am doing just fine. If my family doesn't know when I am faking, people that live with me 24 hours a day, blaming some teachers or school is ignorant as hell.

6 witnesses, I think I will believe them. And I think I will believe the cop and not pretend he may be hiding his murderous intentions behind a lie.

Someone taking Geodon has problems. The medication is not given out like prozac or the like. It can have serious potential side effects and at one time was considered for being withdrawn from the market.

This is a bit of a tangent, but would you favor greater spending on education RGS?

Not FEDERAL spending. The States need to get their acts together. And I do in fact vote yes on any and all bonds in my district. And no none of my kids even go to school anymore.

RGS: If the press report is accurate, and the family sues anyway, you will have a point. But I don't see the purpose in making a BFD "for making stupid comments in a moment of great pain."

And you are not believing 6 witnesses. You are believing one reporter who wrote the story. I've been quoted in the paper, but I've never been quoted accurately. And thus I do not assume that everything I read is true.

This is when tasering would be appropriate.
Appropriate, but not possible. The officer was already down. The "taser" that fires electrified wires is too clumsy and requires more time to deploy than the cop had. And the taser that requires contact isn't something you could get past a swinging bat, especially if you've already been hit.

RGS: If the press report is accurate, and the family sues anyway, you will have a point. But I don't see the purpose in making a BFD "for making stupid comments in a moment of great pain."

And you are not believing 6 witnesses. You are believing one reporter who wrote the story. I've been quoted in the paper, but I've never been quoted accurately. And thus I do not assume that everything I read is true.

Appropriate, but not possible. The officer was already down. The "taser" that fires electrified wires is too clumsy and requires more time to deploy than the cop had. And the taser that requires contact isn't something you could get past a swinging bat, especially if you've already been hit.

Okay, that makes sense. Perhaps he could have done it before the kid swung the bat. I'm not seeing what led up to the confrontation, I'll read the story again.

Let's all just be thankful there was no FLDS involvement, then RGS would be on the side of the perp. :eusa_whistle:

Okay, that makes sense. Perhaps he could have done it before the kid swung the bat. I'm not seeing what led up to the confrontation, I'll read the story again.

Let's all just be thankful there was no FLDS involvement, then RGS would be on the side of the perp. :eusa_whistle:

You are a moron. He ambushed the cop. You do know what AMBUSHED means? Or shall I draw you some pretty pictures? Maybe talk to you in little words?

Forum List

Back