Another indicator for liberal regression

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
A lot of us view liberals as high on emotion and low on critical thought. There are many reasons for this, beginning with much of their base.

It was only 16 years ago Bush beat Gore, while Gore "won" the popular vote. The liberals got over it fairly quickly, despite the fact there was much more to complain about considering the Supreme Court got involved, and mostly because Bush's brother ran the State of Florida where the dispute took place. One might think they'd learn from this experience, but no, they actually regressed.

This seems to imply liberals are far more sensitive today, and they've dumbed down to an extent they fail to understand the rules or why they're in place. Personally, I believe this is in part the result of the "politically correct" thought-police.

I was not old enough to vote when Dubya was president the first time, and only really got into politics when John Kerry ran against him in 04. I was disappointed when he won the second time, partially because it was the first time I'd ever voted and mostly because I disagreed with the war in Iraq and felt we didn't need to be there.

I was also against the war. I had a distaste for the Republican party over that war, and I voted for Kerry too. I also voted for Gore. One of the triggers for my "change of heart" was a video you can find on Youtube called "Democrats and WMD". Hypocrisy at it's finest, as it was the DEMOCRATS who were singing for a war in Iraq.

Incidentally, Kerry's sister attended our parade before the election. She was passing out condoms with "Kerry for POUS" and some shit on the package as she strolled down the street. I thought that was pretty cool. Sorry man, I've wised up a lot since. The Dems. are full of shit and that shit is progressive.

Last edited:
A lot of us view liberals as high on emotion and low on critical thought. There are many reasons for this, beginning with much of their base.

It was only 16 years ago Bush beat Gore, while Gore "won" the popular vote. The liberals got over it fairly quickly, despite the fact there was much more to complain about considering the Supreme Court got involved, and mostly because Bush's brother ran the State of Florida where the dispute took place. One might think they'd learn from this experience, but no, they actually regressed.

This seems to imply liberals are far more sensitive today, and they've dumbed down to an extent they fail to understand the rules or why they're in place. Personally, I believe this is in part the result of the "politically correct" thought-police.
I think liberals had convinced themselves that they were "the majority;" Hillary's presidency was a sure thing; the world was as in love with Obama as they are and with Hillary giving refugees and illegals the vote they were going to be in power forever.

Reality crashed down on them....hard, and they're having a hissy fit.

I think liberals had convinced themselves that they were "the majority;" Hillary's presidency was a sure thing; the world was as in love with Obama as they are and with Hillary giving refugees and illegals the vote they were going to be in power forever.

Reality crashed down on them....hard, and they're having a hissy fit.
It is much more than that.

They are in desperation mode right now.

I'm gonna be honest... I've become more independent than liberal lately. I'm still a democrat if you look at my voting record(I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008 and 2012. I nearly always support Democrats in House, Senate, and gubernatorial elections.), but I don't like a lot of the things democrats have done either. I don't feel as loyal to them as I did in my 20's and late teens.

I'm gonna be honest... I've become more independent than liberal lately. I'm still a democrat if you look at my voting record(I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008 and 2012. I nearly always support Democrats in House, Senate, and gubernatorial elections.), but I don't like a lot of the things democrats have done either. I don't feel as loyal to them as I did in my 20's and late teens.
You've heard this before, I'll bet: "If you're not a Democrat before you're 30 you have no heart; if you're not a Republican after 30 you have no brain."

To bad you folks ain't painters, cause you sure do use a big, broad, brush...

The one that made me laugh hardest was where TheDude said democrats wanted a war in Iraq. If I remember correctly it was BUSH and his cronies that were pushing us to attack Iraq.
I know..I thought it a bad move and unnecessary to the war effort on terror....

Not to mention they were letting Al Quaida (however the name is spelled I always get it wrong) get away with murder by not attacking where they should have been.

Like these idiots that think Trump is a conservative...They thought that about Reagan until he gave amnesty to the illegals....

The one that made me laugh hardest was where TheDude said democrats wanted a war in Iraq. If I remember correctly it was BUSH and his cronies that were pushing us to attack Iraq.
I know..I thought it a bad move and unnecessary to the war effort on terror....

Not to mention they were letting Al Quaida (however the name is spelled I always get it wrong) get away with murder by not attacking where they should have been.
Tora Bora is a prime example of letting the enemy melt away and not pressing the battle to keep them unbalanced...and dead...

Right.....the old, "War for Oil." If I remember correctly, Congress voted in favor of that war...including Senators Hillary Clinton and John Kerry.

I'm technically non-partisan and have no intentions of changing. That said, this last election I voted straight Republican, because there was no particular reason not to. That and I detest what the Democrat party has become.

New Topics

Forum List

Back