Another family friendly pit bull story

Ask your sister why she can no longer control her bowel movements, buddy :thup:

Speaking of which, I told her I'd help out with the Depends™ - I hear they can get expensive.

Tell her the check's in the mail :eusa_clap:

You're gonna help out with the depends? I guess you can afford to, what with all the ones that you buy.

Incidentally, I'm not only an orphan, but I'm also an only child.

Oh, so you agree with Bass, homosexual BEHAVIOUR can be cured. Got it.

I don't think he said that. You can train a homosexual to act straight. Just as you can train a dog to guide the blind or to protect your children and attack intruders or to fetch your slippers.

There is truth to the notion that personality is partially determined by genes and that aggressive or violent behavior is more predominant in impulsive people. A tendency towards impulsive behavior could well be linked to DNA, but to conjecture that aggression that goes beyond normal canine displays of dominance is specific to a certain breed is the same as saying human races differ according to how violent they are.

and yet I can post evidence of pit bulls doing just the thing you think can t happen. MUST a lab love to swim, mani? MUST beagle love to hunt? Just say the word and I'll show you plenty of benign pits loving the hell out of kids.

Some people think Lassie is the the only dog protective of children.

The bottom line is this: All else equal (ie. "upbringing" variables), if you choose a pit bull as your family pet you are assuming a far greater risk than with virtually any other breed. Period. To deny this fact is to...well, be in denial.

Care to offer some scientific back up to your claims?

Besides my own experiences with dogs, the fact that the Center for Disease Control, just about every Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals as well as all American veterinary associations and also, I believe, the American Kennel Club have ALL expressed concern and provide evidence that breed specific laws do absolutely no good at all in preventing death and injuries from dogs and in fact, make the situation worse by misidentifying the major cause of dog related death and injury and detracting from the need to insure that animal owners are responsible in their treatment, care and training of their dogs.

I don't think he said that. You can train a homosexual to act straight. Just as you can train a dog to guide the blind or to protect your children and attack intruders or to fetch your slippers.

There is truth to the notion that personality is partially determined by genes and that aggressive or violent behavior is more predominant in impulsive people. A tendency towards impulsive behavior could well be linked to DNA, but to conjecture that aggression that goes beyond normal canine displays of dominance is specific to a certain breed is the same as saying human races differ according to how violent they are.

Yes, you can train a gay person to act straight, but they will eventually become depressed and consider suicide. Did you know that there is a very high percentage of closeted suicides among teens?

As far as human races differing according to how violent they are? Ummm....did you ever look at Iraq, Iran and Rwanda? Have you also noticed the amount of extremists that come from the ME?

Where'd you come up with this bullshit? :cuckoo:

I guess alligators must go to special aggression training or something in Soggy's fantasyland. :rofl:

Alligators are wild animals behaving in ways that benefit the contination of the species. Dogs and humans are domesticated. That's not to say that every dog is 100% safe, nor is every human. Is attacking humans how dogs have managed to survive as a species?

I have one simple question for the pit bull defenders:

Is it your belief that in all cases, every behavioral predisposition resident in the pit bull breed can be completely suppressed with the proper upbringing?

"every behavioral predisposition"???

WTF are you talking about? And why did you start this thread to begin with??

Methinks you are up to something.

I wonder why your mother wasn't able to suppress your own behavioral disposition to be a dillhole.

Alligators are wild animals behaving in ways that benefit the contination of the species. Dogs and humans are domesticated. That's not to say that every dog is 100% safe, nor is every human. Is attacking humans how dogs have managed to survive as a species?

Alligators are wild and feral. So are dogs when they are removed from human contact, as they tend to shift back to a pack mentality. Ever been in the country and seen packs of wild dogs running? Dangerous as hell to be around.

And, domestication doesn't mean squat. Why? Stick a person out in the middle of the wild (remember that Tom Hanks movie?), and after they've been there a while, they kinda go a bit animalistic themselves.

Is attacking humans how dogs survived? No. It was their domestication (by the Native Americans here in the US), which in turn led to a symbiotic relationship that both the humans and the dogs enjoyed. How did they survive before? Pack mentality and hunting.

b/s i have a lot of friends with american stafford terriers....not pit bulls....

pit bulls are mutts...not pure breed dogs.....i do not want to see a dangerousl dog list either....as the owner of a doberman...

Yup. For a while it was German shepherds who had killer insticts. Then it was Dobermans who were agents of the devil. Till Rottweilers took over that title. Currently it's pit bulls and next it will be whatever large breed becomes popular and that the media latches onto as useful for stirring up fear and selling stories.

Yup. For a while it was German shepherds who had killer insticts. Then it was Dobermans who were agents of the devil. Till Rottweilers took over that title. Currently it's pit bulls and next it will be whatever large breed becomes popular and that the media latches onto as useful for stirring up fear and selling stories.

Interesting enough Angi, all those dogs are predisposed to being kinda violent and aggressive. Dobermans and Rottweilers were BOTH bred for hunting big game.

Like I said, I'm not advocating banning them, I'm just advocating safety around them.

pits do lead in the most fatal bites.
Currently. It has not always been the case and not likely to remain so as different breeds go in and out of fashion.

A large dog is certainly better equipped to cause more harm but the stats have never indicated that pits or any large breed is more predisposed to aggression than any other. For many years cute little cocker spaniels topped the list of breeds most often reported for biting children.

Last edited:
you didn't choose to read the rest of it. He would not be GAY.. but I could condition you to suck a dick. His sexuality wouldn't change.. but his behaviour damn sure would.

I suggest you read a book about operant conditioning.
Sorry, I don't buy it. You can't condition someone to LIKE something, which is what you claimed. You could feed me peas on a daily basis and you might eventually get me to eat them, but you'll never get me to LIKE them.

This is silly, especially coming from someone who is convinced that violent video games do not cause people to commit violent acts.

Currently. It has not always been the case and not likely to remain so as different breeds go in and out of fashion.

A large dog is certainly better equipped to cause more harm but the stats have never indicated that pits or any large breed is more predisposed to aggression than any other. For many years cute little cocker spaniels topped the list of breeds most often report for biting children.

Hasn't always been the case Angi, but pits are one of the more dangerous animals around.

And....as far as being predisposed to aggression? I kinda think pits are, after all, they were bred over the years to get the most aggressive animal they could, because they were using them to fight. And.....you can't really breed it out of them now.

so.. should we also put labs on the list because THEIR bites are not as small as a rat tarrier? I think that stat shows that people GET pits to make them mean. If you own a doberman then you know what that mentality is like regarding dogs like that.

The only time I was in serious danger of dog attack and had to jump off my bike onto the top of a car was when I was bitten and chased by two black labs. Never once had a bad experience with a pit pull or a a pit mix. The scariest most vicious dog I ever worked with, one that was eventually put down because he was so messed up, was a Rhodesian ridgeback.
but I still love labs and ridgebacks.

Like you said earlier, "Hate the deed, not the breed"

Forum List

Back