Another family friendly pit bull story

PART of, shit. It THE factor in the behaviour of a domesticated animal. Why wont you tell me how the difference between your kids behaviour and a holy terror reflects on the whole of humanity? Tell me how viscious is a house cat despite the difference between an alley can and that hairy pussy of ravi's..

believe what you want. But you wont find an example of pit bulls who just SNAP despite being raised to be gentle. There is ALWAYS the training factor that creeps into your criticism of the breed. Perhaps you should figure out why that is.
Not true. Health problem can cause a dog to snap, no matter how good its training. So can other factors.

Overbred dogs are like overbred people, unpredictable and prone to mental issues.

if an owner does not allow any aggression towards people and fixes the males and females....you can overcome most of the agressive tendancies.
The age and sex of a dog and whether it's been neutered are much more reliable indicators of how dangerous it's likely to be than it's breed. But training, proper exercise and are are the most important indicators.

Hey Ninjatard.......finally good to see your stupid ass again. I've never called for pits to be banned, I've been saying all along that they are dangerous and should be treated with respect.

As far as "faggot"? Well.....not even a chance, and if you're asking, I would like you to know that I wouldn't fuck you for practice.

You're a window licker on the short bus Ninjatard. Deal with it.

No.....don't ban them, but damn sure don't leave a child alone with one, much less three.

Try again Ninjidiot.
How about stop breeding them?

Another dangerous thing about pits is they have a jaw that locks down on anything they start chewing on. Sometimes, the dog has been killed and still has a grip on whatever it was that it was biting.

Nope....you can get it down to only 5 percent dangerous, you can never make it 100 percent safe.

A strong jaw is the only thing most pits have that is slightly different than other breeds.

1e2zc2ye6.gif

Everyone calling for Pits to be banned is an ignorant faggot. Especially manifold and GayBikerSailor.

Other than these two, everyone have a great weekend :eusa_clap:

I wish we could ban animal bigots and haters. They scare me!

Hey Ninjatard.......finally good to see your stupid ass again. I've never called for pits to be banned, I've been saying all along that they are dangerous and should be treated with respect.

As far as "faggot"? Well.....not even a chance, and if you're asking, I would like you to know that I wouldn't fuck you for practice.

You're a window licker on the short bus Ninjatard. Deal with it.

No.....don't ban them, but damn sure don't leave a child alone with one, much less three.

Try again Ninjidiot.

No one should leave a young child alone with ANY dog, unless that dog is the family dog and has already shown behavior that indicates the dog considers the child part of the pack and is protective of it. Even so, you can never be too careful, even the most patient and loving dog has it's limits when it comes to putting up with the antics of young kids.

It's not so much that they've been trained to attack kids, it's that they were bred for fighting, which results in a higher aggressiveness. Not only that, but they've been bred for a lot longer than just in the recent history. There have been countless generations to get them to the apex that they appear to be in.

Should they be banned? No. However......I DO believe that if you own one, you have an obligation to post signs on your property warning others that you have one so that nobody dies.

And yeah....you're right.....no child should ever be left alone with a dog. Kids like to grab, bite and play, and the dog (regardless of the breed) could perceive that as an attack or a threat and respond appropriately (for a dog).

Pit bulls have also been bred as pets over the generations. The argument that you can breed an animal for aggressiveness is very weak considering the many pit bulls that have been rescued from fight kennels that turned out to be great family pets.

Yes, you can train a gay person to act straight, but they will eventually become depressed and consider suicide. Did you know that there is a very high percentage of closeted suicides among teens?

As far as human races differing according to how violent they are? Ummm....did you ever look at Iraq, Iran and Rwanda? Have you also noticed the amount of extremists that come from the ME?

I don't think all closeted gays become depressed and consider suicide but yes, it's been documented that gay teens are at a higher risk for suicide because of being bullied or marginalized.

Your first paragraph makes some sense. Your second is :cuckoo:

First of all Iraqi, Iranian and Rwandan indicate nationality, not race. All three countries are composed of different ethnic groups and neither has a monopoly on social turmoil or genocide. Not sure what race means to you. No one has ever been able to define it or pin it down to something specific. Extremists exist in every society.

Alligators are wild and feral. So are dogs when they are removed from human contact, as they tend to shift back to a pack mentality. Ever been in the country and seen packs of wild dogs running? Dangerous as hell to be around.

And, domestication doesn't mean squat. Why? Stick a person out in the middle of the wild (remember that Tom Hanks movie?), and after they've been there a while, they kinda go a bit animalistic themselves.

Is attacking humans how dogs survived? No. It was their domestication (by the Native Americans here in the US), which in turn led to a symbiotic relationship that both the humans and the dogs enjoyed. How did they survive before? Pack mentality and hunting.

I've seen feral dogs running around in cities, not just the country. There are also species of wild dogs. Coyotes, wolves and dingos can reproduce with dogs.

My question about dogs attacking humans was rhetorical. And dogs were domesticated ( or perhaps vice versa?) way before Native American existed. Way before even cats or cattle were domesticated.

I agree that domestication of dogs and humans doesn't seperate us by much from wild animals.

Interesting enough Angi, all those dogs are predisposed to being kinda violent and aggressive. Dobermans and Rottweilers were BOTH bred for hunting big game.

Like I said, I'm not advocating banning them, I'm just advocating safety around them.

I think you over estimate the influence of breeding on dog behavior. Dog breeding only goes so far back in history. Did you know that after just few generations of intermixing of breeds all dogs eventually revert to type? A medium sized yellow dog. Countries with large populations of feral dogs, such as India and Mexico are full of these dogs. Violence and aggression are not characteristics that aide in continuing a highly social species such as dogs are. Normal dog aggression consists of displays of aggression. Actual severe injury and death are rare.

Hasn't always been the case Angi, but pits are one of the more dangerous animals around.

And....as far as being predisposed to aggression? I kinda think pits are, after all, they were bred over the years to get the most aggressive animal they could, because they were using them to fight. And.....you can't really breed it out of them now.
That's exactly what local politicians who think they can gain some easy won public support ( while avoiding real issues) want people to think while they try to make themselves look good by passing worthless breed specific laws.

If pits are such uniquely dangerous animals, why has no one in this thread presented anything other anecdotal evidence or hearsay for their arguments?

Not true. Health problem can cause a dog to snap, no matter how good its training. So can other factors.

Overbred dogs are like overbred people, unpredictable and prone to mental issues.

Overbreeding can cause serious problems, but dogs with genetic defects or mutations are not representative of their breed.

That's exactly what local politicians who think they can gain some easy won public support ( while avoiding real issues) want people to think while they try to make themselves look good by passing worthless breed specific laws.

If pits are such uniquely dangerous animals, why has no one in this thread presented anything other anecdotal evidence or hearsay for their arguments?

No Angi, I'm not being bamboozled by a local politician.

Think of it this way, you said it yourself.......

If dogs are interbred, they end up becoming a medium sized yellow dog. However.....if they still look like a pit, they still have the agressiveness. The yellow ones won't.

How about stop breeding them?

Dog breeding has reached an all time high ( or low ) for stupidity and greed.

It's as if the obsession with brand names has spilled over in to the pet industry. It used to be people asked me what my dog's name was or how old she is. Now their first question is often what kind of dog is she. I say she's a canine.

Probably safe to assume everyine is a little bit crooked---it only takes that pit to lose it ONCE and you have a dead child. Risky stuff.

Fear of pit bulls has almost reached the same hysterical levels as fear of terrorism. We should all be more careful about traveling in cars.

lol, but that doesn't make him straight. So why would you think training a dog specifically bred for violence but nurtured out of it would make it a non-violent dog?

It makes him bisexual.
Dogs have existed for eons. Dog breeding is only a recent development in history. Why do you even think dog breeders know enough about DNA to be able to breed a dog specifically for violent behavior or that a significant number of pit bulls are actually successfully bred for that type of behavior?

Forum List

Back