Another example of why you can't trust Liberals with "reasonable" gun laws

"Gun control" isn't about guns.

It's about control.

That's why liberals support it.
Ridiculous hyper-partisan stupidity and nonsense.

The Constitution authorizes government to enact necessary and proper regulatory measures, including the regulation of firearms:

“Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” DC v. Heller (2008)

And as with other acts of government, laws and measures are presumed to be Constitutional until such time as a Federal court rules otherwise, including measures seeking to regulate firearms.

First of all, I'm not for gun control. Conservative guntards are more likely to shoot themselves or (this part is unfortunate) someone else in their household than anyone else. As long as they shoot themselves, it's all good. Darwinism in action.

Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home. - PubMed - NCBI

During the study interval (12 months in Memphis, 18 months in Seattle, and Galveston) 626 shootings occurred in or around a residence. This total included 54 unintentional shootings, 118 attempted or completed suicides, and 438 assaults/homicides. Thirteen shootings were legally justifiable or an act of self-defense, including three that involved law enforcement officers acting in the line of duty. For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.

Accidents happens all the time. Sometime people are stupid and causes the accidents.

I have a pool and young grand children. I have to go to almost extraordinary measure to make sure that there isn't an accident because each year in the US there are hundreds of children killed in swimming pools.

Because accidents happen and sometimes people are stupid and cause the accidents is absolutely no reason to take freedom away from anybody.

You may understand that concept but most Liberals don't.

Did you not read the very first sentence of my post?

Did you read my last sentence?

"Gun control" isn't about guns.

It's about control.

That's why liberals support it.
Ridiculous hyper-partisan stupidity and nonsense.

The Constitution authorizes government to enact necessary and proper regulatory measures, including the regulation of firearms:

“Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” DC v. Heller (2008)

And as with other acts of government, laws and measures are presumed to be Constitutional until such time as a Federal court rules otherwise, including measures seeking to regulate firearms.

If the friggin government can legislate away our Constitutional rights then the Bill of Rights is not worth the paper it is written on, is it?

Forum List

Back