Another Democrat Move To Disarm America

i think that you are incorrect , President is Commander in Chief of the USA Military and all its men , weapons and nukes . I don't think that the Presidents CiC war powers are going to be over run by a committee of dem , lefty enemies Tehon !!

i think that you are incorrect , President is Commander in Chief of the USA Military and all its men , weapons and nukes . I don't think that the Presidents CiC war powers are going to be over run by a committee of dem , lefty enemies Tehon !!
Edit: I misread your post.

I am correct, they can make that idiot think twice about what he does. Something he doesn't seem to do often.

President is CiC , yer life and the lives of your entire family and ilk is [exclusively] in the Widdle hands of the President Trump Tehon .

I am correct, they can make that idiot think twice about what he does. Something he doesn't seem to do often.

Congress cannot legislate itself direct control of the military over the CinC's Constitutional authority, which such legislation would attempt to implement.

Congress cannot legislate itself direct control of the military over the CinC's Constitutional authority, which such legislation would attempt to implement.
He doesn't have the constitutional authority to take us to war.

President is CiC , yer life and the lives of your entire family and ilk is [exclusively] in the Widdle hands of the President Trump Tehon .
Checks and balances. It's going to be some tough sledding.

He doesn't have the constitutional authority to take us to war.

He has the Constitutional authority to attack if threatened or defend if attacked, at his discretion.

Consider history since the last time Congress declared war.

He has the Constitutional authority to attack if threatened
I don't believe I have ever seen that language in the constitution.

You obviously believe the war powers resolution is unconstitutional.

Article II Section II - "The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States ..."

The language seems plain enough to me. Now, show me the Constitutional text that grants Congress command authority over the Armed Forces.

Article II Section II - "The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States ..."

The language seems plain enough to me. Now, show me the Constitutional text that grants Congress command authority over the Armed Forces.
Section. 8.

To declare War

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions

Is the war powers act unconstitutional?

Section. 8.

To declare War

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions

There is no requirement to declare war when ordering an attack.

Command authority remains with the CinC under your texts.

Forum List

Back