Another "Clever" Racist gets his ass handed to him via Facebook

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
We all know the story. Republican says that welfare is like....*drumroll* Slavery!!! Yes! Its just like Slavery minus the raping, killing, kidnapping, Shackles, Chains and stuff...but Just like it!! Some day Republicans will realize that comparing stuff to Slavery is just a bad a faux pas as comparing something to Hitler and Nazi Germany...

'Cept that happened to white people so its really worst than 400 years of slavery because...you know *wink*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Brown-To-Congress/1395712604018604

Here's Jim Brown Canidate Hopeful

1779321_1405095586413639_1100163999_n.jpg

In a post on his Facebook page that was—in theory, anyway—about federal spending, Jim Brown, who’s running in Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District, compared modern-day “entitlements” to slavery. But even more disturbing, perhaps, he denied that slavery was, first and foremost, a brutally violent institution:

Back in the day of slavery, slaves were kept in slavery by denying them education and opportunity while providing them with their basic needs .. Not by beating them and starving them. (Although there were isolated cases if course) Basically slave owners took pretty good care of their slaves and livestock and this kept business rolling along.

This flies in the face, of course, of all credible historical accounts, including the recent Academy Award-winning film 12 Years a Slave. Brown’s comments, therefore, not only make him sound woefully ill-informed but—more troubling for Republicans—also make him and his party sound extreme, rendering him a potentially toxic candidate in a winnable district.

The seat that he’s seeking is currently held by Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick. But she barely won re-election in 2012, which makes her a prime, and realistic, Republican target for 2014—but only if the party offers a viable candidate with less-odious views.

In an era in which mixed-race families are the fastest-growing demographic in the nation, 2012 black-voter turnout surpassed that of other demographic groups, Latinos are the fastest-growing demographic of voters in the country and a film about slavery wins best picture—in part because of its unflinching depiction of the institution’s brutality—Brown’s revisionist notions won’t be considered mainstream enough to win elections.

The real question, for Republicans, continues to be this: Can a party that attracts candidates who continually make racially inflammatory remarks ever hope to attract black and brown voters?

In a word? No.

Arizona Republican Compares Government Spending to Slavery - The Root

jim_brown_comments_1.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.png

He's since removed it citing he wasnt "careful" with his wording. That old chestnut. *winky wink*

yeap a fucking racist.

helping people is hurting people.

how anyone bought that idiot line in the first place is beyond me

BTW the guy said that Slave owners took good care of their slaves AND Livestock. Yes he actually said that.

And this is the best slamming I've seen in the comments section of his "apology"

Here's the problem: "I am sorry you were offended" is NOT an apology. It is a statement that the person offended is wrong, because "clearly" your "intent" wasn't to offend. Well try this on for size: if you ACTUALLY were sorry, as in realized how WRONG your comparison was, you would have SAID that. But no, you play your little games.

The reason you are being slammed is not because you made a bad analogy - it is that the analogy did two things: trivialized what it ACTUALLY it took to keep millions of people as slaves. They weren't held in slavery by being kept uneducated and lacking in opportunity. They WERE kept in slavery in part by beating and starving them. This is a historical FACT. The other methods by which they were kept in slavery were by the most brutal means possible - up to and including murder. ALL of that treatment, the rapes, the whipping of the flesh from their bones, the tearing children from their mother's arms, the hanging alive and being castrated and gutted in front of the townsfolk who gathered for a picnic with the show, was ALL sanctioned and enforced by the government, as part of an economic system based on their stolen labor.

Second you LIED about history.

That you still don't know this, shows just how impossible it is for you to understand actual facts. For you to imply that the people of this nation making a decision that people (mostly WORKING poor, children and the elderly) should not DIE of starvation, lack of shelter or basic healthcare, is anything but human compassion shows that you are unable to understand the experience of anyone who is not YOU.

I sincerely hope you get one vote on election day, your own. I hope this has been a wake-up call to even your family members as to just what kind of man you are and even THEY don't vote for you.

I'm confused? He didn't say anything racist. He didn't he mention Blacks.

He was talking about welfare culture not Black culture. There is a difference you know.

omg, it's on a dummy roll it believes it's hit on something, clever

now lets get our panties all in a bunch over something on facebook

wonder where the parents are?

Last edited:
I'm confused? He didn't say anything racist. He didn't he mention Blacks.

He was talking about welfare culture not Black culture. There is a difference you know.

Maybe when he brought up slavery he was talking to the Roman Americans :evil:

He's since removed it citing he wasnt "careful" with his wording. That old chestnut. *winky wink*

His first section is poorly worded and should have never of been included. But besides that, I don't think the man sounds like a racist; he sounds like a guy who believes that excessive entitlements lead to heavy dependence on a governing body which is essentially a form of "slavery".

Why? Because if you're being supported off of government entitlements, you're at the mercy of that body and must do whatever they ask. If they say "you must register in this database and let us know your sexual preference or lose your monthly check" you will have no choice but to do it (because you need that check or your family will go hungry or worse).

Being self sufficient is "freedom". You are a slave to no one and can choose to do whatever you like.

I think that's the gist of his comment. I've been around many actual racist people who will claim someone is unintelligent, stupid because of their race and thus will never succeed; this man, essentially is saying the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Who's the bigger "clever" race baiter, the faggot OP or his hero seen below?.....

eric-allie-biden-chains.jpg

No I'm not, explain to me what is racist about what he said.

I don't see anything antiblack, no black hate, nothing that says "white people are better then minorities."

Did he downplay the atrocities of slavery? yes.
Does that make him racist? nope

His point is that this welfare culture is slowly taking away freedoms from the lower class. I don't see anything racist about that assumption.

Don't worry CC. One of these days you'll avoid getting your ass handed to you on facebook or any other forum.

His first section is poorly worded and should have never of been included. But besides that, I don't think the man sounds like a racist; he sounds like a guy who believes that excessive entitlements lead to heavy dependence on a governing body which is essentially a form of "slavery".

Why? Because if you're being supported off of government entitlements, you're at the mercy of that body and must do whatever they ask. If they say "you must register in this database and let us know your sexual preference or lose your monthly check" you will have no choice but to do it (because you need that check or your family will go hungry or worse).

Being self sufficient is "freedom". You are a slave to no one and can choose to do whatever you like.

I think that's the gist of his comment. I've been around many actual racist people who will claim someone is unintelligent, stupid because of their race and thus will never succeed; this man, essentially is saying the exact opposite.

Maybe an Insensitive asshole is more fitting. Either way welfare only started being terrible when blacks started using it. When it was all for the white people they couldnt get enough...And now after white people have gotten fat on it, they brush away the crumbs and say "Mm,, *munch munch* Ummm that stuff on *burp* the table there....Dont touch that..*brushes off shirt crumbs* It'll make you...uh lazy and stuff"

It's not just about the Republican Party. The Democratic Party has harbored racists too. And not just the dixiecrats.

I'm afraid 2014 is gonna turn into a repeat - golden opportunity for Republicans .... Republicans shoot selves in foot with stupid remarks.

No I'm not, explain to me what is racist about what he said.

I don't see anything antiblack, no black hate, nothing that says "white people are better then minorities."

Did he downplay the atrocities of slavery? yes.
Does that make him racist? nope

His point is that this welfare culture is slowly taking away freedoms from the lower class. I don't see anything racist about that assumption.

These are my sentiments exactly.

It's not just about the Republican Party. The Democratic Party has harbored racists too. And not just the dixiecrats.

I'm afraid 2014 is gonna turn into a repeat - golden opportunity for Republicans .... Republicans shoot selves in foot with stupid remarks.

dont worry about what others are doing; remain a useful idiot for the Left. i dont care what you call yourself; your posts identify you on the Left

Forum List

Back