Another Brutal cop. And the usual excuses.

Bad cops are few and far between.

Then why do we keep seeing so many examples of them
It's simple. If the press/media only focuses on one issue, then, that's ALL your going to see. Why they are doing it, attention. Freak show, a viscous cycle . Cops aren't the issue, it's the media's random intense scrutiny and the lack of filters and balance.
MaryL. when the sheriff here was threatening me after he helped steal my dozer and then help steal a whole lot of equipment etc... the media could care less. Ironically I found and dot that fit into why one of the local stations guy's fully ignored me just the other day and that all started going down back in 2002. I can say justice will prevail sometimes we just have to be ptient enough to see it all play out.

I have never had a problem with police. Back in the early 70's, I had my Motobecane 10 speed stolen from my first job, my dad bought the thing,Big sentimental value. A bunch of Hispanics sitting around behind the store saw the thief and didn't try to stop him. Nope, and they knew the guy, and just let it slide. I called the cops, they wouldn't "snitch". And the cops gave me a ride home. One white, one Asian . Both gave me a shocking racist lecture about Mexicans. I don't know which was worse. But the cops weren't the problem and I have found out ironically enough, it's always the ones that fear them that ARE.

I have never had a problem with police. Back in the early 70's, I had my Motobecane 10 speed stolen from my first job, my dad bought the thing,Big sentimental value. A bunch of Hispanics sitting around behind the store saw the thief and didn't try to stop him. Nope, and they knew the guy, and just let it slide. I called the cops, they wouldn't "snitch". And the cops gave me a ride home. One white, one Asian . Both gave me a shocking racist lecture about Mexicans. I don't know which was worse. But the cops weren't the problem and I have found out ironically enough, it's always the ones that fear them that ARE.
I don't fear cops, I just don't trust 'em, for some reason they be humans..

Well I would have never thought I would have ever a problem either other than a few dumb asses that would pull me over run my license and then have the audacity to ask me out. The sheriff and local police used to be very protective of me. They actually patrolled around my place to make sure I was safe when we lived just at the edge of town. Like I said here in Iowa it is very corrupt.

They be humans with a gun and a badge, therefore they are supposed to hold themselves to a higher level just like anyone else in an authoritative position.

They be humans with a gun and a badge, therefore they are supposed to hold themselves to a higher level just like anyone else in an authoritative position.
I advise you to get a lawyer, if true. Cops never were a problem in my universe, it's usually people that fear them that are the problem for me.

I advise you to get a lawyer, if true. Cops never were a problem in my universe, it's usually people that fear them that are the problem for me.
Sounds easy. I would love to have a good honorable attorney. I promise you I have spent a whole lot of time searching for one here.
Back in Idaho when a judge went after me on false charges I couldn't hire an attorney. A few were honest enough to tell me why. Even one I spoke with here told me "if they did that to you what do you think they will do to me?"

Yeah, well I'm not going to let my guard down anytime soon..

So many? Be specific and list all the incidents in the last 3 months.
There are a few web sites that keep tabs on bad cop incidences if you take the time to search for them.
I did not make the claim I don't need to look anything up. And accusing a cop is a dime a dozen. every criminal claims something was wrong and it almost never is true.

Sounds easy. I would love to have a good honorable attorney. I promise you I have spent a whole lot of time searching for one here.
Back in Idaho when a judge went after me on false charges I couldn't hire an attorney. A few were honest enough to tell me why. Even one I spoke with here told me "if they did that to you what do you think they will do to me?"
I have been a jurist, at least 10 times in my life. Feel comfortable that you have a jury of your peers and will listen. I hate jury duty. It sounds like the police are the least of your problems.

Instant lawsuit. This cop needs to go and never be a cop again. The thing with the knee on the neck appears to be one of the bad cop favorite moves because they can put as much pressure on the person as they want and it doesn't look so bad. Easy win in court, all the lawyer has to do is say 'if it was such a dire situation why is the other officer walking around like it's a traffic stop?"

3 million your honor.

This shit HAS to stop.

I have been a jurist, at least 10 times in my life. Feel comfortable that you have a jury of your peers and will listen. I hate jury duty. It sounds like the police are the least of your problems.
Yeah the sheriff figured out later he'd been used as a useful idiot for thugs. Justice prevails, I'm confident of that. God is just whether people are or not. I had a lot to learn in a very short time and there was so much I would have never considered had it not all went down the way it did.

There are a few web sites that keep tabs on bad cop incidences if you take the time to search for them.
It's so flip to say that, there are more bad lawyers than bad cops, I wish you well. Namaste.

It's so flip to say that, there are more bad lawyers than bad cops, I wish you well. Namaste.
Very true. While they were giving us their "scorched earth" policy the attorneys did some pretty unethical crap that I would have never dreamed of. One judge even made a comment about me hating judges and attorneys. I told him I have no clue what you are talking about some of my best friends are attorneys and judges they just are not here in Iowa.

I did not make the claim I don't need to look anything up. And accusing a cop is a dime a dozen. every criminal claims something was wrong and it almost never is true.

Ignorance is defined as not knowing. Contrary to popular usage, it does not mean stupid. You are ignorant, but can learn. What do you call it when you won't learn?

The police department says that the video viewed in a vacuum does not tell the whole story

They started this dodge as a way to dismiss video that they record themselves. Besides, how can you believe video, they say. It's only your eyes, they say. You can't see the cops excuses on the tape so....he feared for his life, they say.

Forum List

Back