Another blatant Constitutional violation

Do you get all "outraged" when the president says god bless America at a podium owned by the government while being guarded by government secret service agents etc?

No, but if he lead a recital of The Lord's Prayer, I would.

No difference

The president invokes the deity all the time

So stop being selective in your "outrage"

And again that kid didn't commit a constitutional violation because he is a private citizen.

Exactly, there is only two ways a private citizen can violate the consitution:

1. Own slaves
2. Bring an intoxicating liqour into a juristiction that bans the possesion of it, or sell said liquor in a juristiction that bans the sale of it.

No difference

And again that kid didn't commit a constitutional violation because he is a private citizen.

1. Own slaves
2. Bring an intoxicating liqour into a juristiction that bans the possesion of it, or sell said liquor in a juristiction that bans the sale of it.

Actually the school would be responsible for the violation even though the kids actions prompted it.

No difference

1. Own slaves

That's astounding Clarence Barrow. Your knowledge of the Constitution is about as adept as everything else you engage it.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

And it's even completely spelled out for you.

:lol:

No difference

1. Own slaves

That's astounding Clarence Barrow. Your knowledge of the Constitution is about as adept as everything else you engage it.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Treason is technically criminal, not unconsitutional, notice the term "convicted." From the amendments, the only two items that can be levied against private citizens are the two i listed.

You win for splitting hairs, but for not much else.

Do you get all "outraged" when the president says god bless America at a podium owned by the government while being guarded by government secret service agents etc?

No difference

Huge difference. One is expressing his religious beliefs (and what happened to all of those right wingers insisting that he is a Muslim?) and the other is leading the recital of a prayer.

Section 3.

I know that you think you scored a "gotcha," shallow - but you have failed - as you generally do.

The constitution defines treason - more appropriately - LIMITS treason. Mainly it disempowers the concepts that insulting Obama, speaking ill of Obama, mocking a rodeo clown caricature of Obama, et al - constitute "treason."

Treason then is limited by the Constitution - but the act of treason is not a violation of the Constitution - it is a violation of Federal criminal law.

That is your spin on my comments. I never said such a thing.

In fact you have - today.

You called on the courts to engage in coercion to silence speech you oppose. The coercion of the courts is effected through armed police and marshals.

So yes, you have called for the use of arms to silence speech you oppose.

You're still not getting it. Talking ABOUT religion is OK as I have already said a few times. Leading the audience to PRACTICE it by reciting a prayer with him is not.

Who was holding a gun on the audience, forcing them all to "practice" religion. Participating in the recitation of said prayer would otherwise have been voluntary.

When it is part of an official school ceremony in front of a captive audience, it is considered coercion.

So now you claim the audience was forced to attend the function, a "captive audience". No one was forced to be there, no one was forced to listen, no one was forced to pray.

Section 3.

I know that you think you scored a "gotcha," shallow - but you have failed - as you generally do.

The constitution defines treason - more appropriately - LIMITS treason. Mainly it disempowers the concepts that insulting Obama, speaking ill of Obama, mocking a rodeo clown caricature of Obama, et al - constitute "treason."

Treason then is limited by the Constitution - but the act of treason is not a violation of the Constitution - it is a violation of Federal criminal law.

Oh man..you are really something else.

No difference

Huge difference. One is expressing his religious beliefs (and what happened to all of those right wingers insisting that he is a Muslim?) and the other is leading the recital of a prayer.

He recited the prayer he didn't "lead" anyone.

if other people recited it along with him so what? That was their choice or do they not have the right?

And if you don't see the leader of the country invoking the deity while using taxpayer money for the equipment, th venues and all the assorted people needed for him to do so as state sanctioned religion then you are deliberately being obtuse..

And why do you feel the need to use bold oversize fonts?

That is your spin on my comments. I never said such a thing.

In fact you have - today.

You called on the courts to engage in coercion to silence speech you oppose. The coercion of the courts is effected through armed police and marshals.

So yes, you have called for the use of arms to silence speech you oppose.

Bwaahaaahaaa!!! Your logic circuit needs a tune up, kid.

No difference

He recited the prayer he didn't "lead" anyone.[\quote]

When you recite the Lords Prayer in front of a crowd, it is an invitation to join in

if other people recited it along with him so what? That was their choice or do they not have the right?

And if you don't see the leader of the country invoking the deity while using taxpayer money for the equipment, th venues and all the assorted people needed for him to do so as state sanctioned religion then you are deliberately being obtuse..

My religion compels me to use bold fonts. You have something against religious freedom?????

When you recite the Lords Prayer in front of a crowd, it is an invitation to join in

My religion compels me to use bold fonts. You have something against religious freedom?????

So basically someone praying in front of you compel's you to join in? and once others join in somehow your butthurt elevates to the level of endorsement of religion.

Again, you are one of the most weak willed asshats I have run into if this is the case with you.

So basically someone praying in front of you compel's you to join in?

I won't join in but others certainly do. Just recite the few opening words
to TLP in front of a crowd and I guarantee that many will join in.

Forum List

Back