Annual Physical: Do you get one?

Bllod pressure and blood sugar are two things everyone should have checked occasionally.

And once you are over 40, you get to go have a camera sent where the sun don't shine.
No, everyone should NOT have anything "checked," not if they don't want mercenary, pointless medical interventions. The point is simply to get you on the standard seven pills a day. Then they "monitor" them all and have you back and back and back for appointments ----------- it's how they make their money.

It's a gyp.

I do every year to renew my High Blood Pressure medication. Hypertension is the silent killer and nothing to be messed with.
Wifes uncle quit his meds because he didn't want to go to doctor to renew and now is recovering from a stroke for ignoring it.
I look at the numbers every year myself when the doctor sends me the results of my blood tests.

My doc says that the finger probe prostate exam isn't done much any more.
I used to try to talk to my doctor about sports, firearms, politics, etc. to avoid his stinking a finger up my ass. I haven’t had that happen in the last few years. My PSA tests are in the mud But I do have an enlarged prostate.

Bllod pressure and blood sugar are two things everyone should have checked occasionally.

And once you are over 40, you get to go have a camera sent where the sun don't shine.
Did the colonoscopy a couple years ago and got the all clear for ten years.
I was out completely for the procedure, so it was nothing.
The prep sucks though.

No, everyone should NOT have anything "checked," not if they don't want mercenary, pointless medical interventions. The point is simply to get you on the standard seven pills a day. Then they "monitor" them all and have you back and back and back for appointments ----------- it's how they make their money.

It's a gyp.

As I said, I decide what meds I take. My Dr tried to put me on a statin, but I decided not to take it.
Did the colonoscopy a couple years ago and got the all clear for ten years.
I was out completely for the procedure, so it was nothing.
The prep sucks though.

The prep does suck.

I was on twilight meds for mine. The monitor screen was beside my bed as the doctor was doing the procedure. It was fascinating to see my own insides. Especially with the great buzz I had.

Then my g/f took me out to eat for lunch.

My first colonoscopy I drank a gallon of solution! What a horrible mistake. I will never do that again. Now I guess it is only a quart of the solution. I almost never got that gallon down.

My first colonoscopy I drank a gallon of solution! What a horrible mistake. I will never do that again. Now I guess it is only a quart of the solution. I almost never got that gallon down.
I will never drink White Cherry Gatorade again. That's what I used for my solution.
:puke:

I should, especially considering I work in the field. But, no, the only physicals I’ve had in the past 13 years or so were a couple that were required when I began a new job

Doctors don't get to prospect inside my body for something they hope to charge me for.

I know if I'm ill by whether I feel sick. I tell doctors if I'm sick: they don't tell me I'm sick when I feel just fine.

And no more defensive medicine with the endless testing: I suppose it's a kickback system. The whole medical industry is in on all this. I feel like an unrealized asset, not a person: they look at me being healthy and not on any pills or testing and they HATE that. They feel that I owe them all the money in my Medicare account.

But I don't owe them anything.

Forum List

Back