Annexing West Bank

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
On Saturday, Netanyahu said he would annex the West Bank (or Judea and Samaria, as they are known in the Bible) to Israel if he would be re-elected Prime Minister on Tuesday. Do y'all think that this is a good idea?

On Saturday, Netanyahu said he would annex the West Bank (or Judea and Samaria, as they are known in the Bible) to Israel if he would be re-elected Prime Minister on Tuesday. Do y'all think that this is a good idea?
It may be, if it is done the right way.

We do have the PA aided by the EU attempting to create facts on the ground illegally. And nothing is done about it.

I do not know if area C was eventually annexed, that the PA and EU would not continue to do what they are doing.

It looks like the PA and the EU, and others, do not believe that Jews have a right to any part of Mandate Palestine, as it has been declared many times before and by the PA map of their "Palestine".

Seriously, it should have been done in 1967. The more one waits the more the Arabs think that they can take the heart of the Jewish Nation away from them for good, the same way as they keep trying to take away Jerusalem.

The Romans did it, and we know what the consequences have been ever since.

If Bibi wants to start WWIII this is a great idea.

I'm sure Trump, Trump's base, and the religious right in AmeriKKKa don't have any issue with the concept.

Sounds like more good fun in the blood soaked "holy" land

I'm sure Trump, Trump's base, and the religious right in AmeriKKKa don't have any issue with the concept.
Except that such a WW III is not going to happen.

It will be Israel, America and its allies against whom?
Iran? Syria? Saudi Arabia? Egypt? Jordan?

No match, in any way or shape. Which is why there will never be a WWIII started if Israel annexes some of its ancient homeland (taken away in a offensive war against Israel in 1948) to what became Israel in 1948.

No match, in any way or shape. Which is why there will never be a WWIII started if Israel annexes some of its ancient homeland (taken away in a offensive war against Israel in 1948) to what became Israel in 1948.

Like I stated, those from the religious right, Trump, Trump's base, Republicans in general, etc., none will take issue with Israel being the roaring terrorist lion that it is, the nation that has violated more UN resolutions than any other nation in UN history. WWIII is a Christmas wish for many AmeriKKKans on the right.

Lol imagine if other countries started annexing land because they said it was their "ancient homeland." "But you don't understand, this magic book says [insert deity] GAVE it to us!"

Lol imagine if other countries started annexing land because they said it was their "ancient homeland." "But you don't understand, this magic book says [insert deity] GAVE it to us!"

Europeans annexed the North American continent during the 1700s & 1800s, thus the US was born & built as a nation.

I guess the US (government) has no issue with Israel doing something similar in the ME; we sure seem to support their land grabs, and our fore fathers did a better job at obtaining land by hook, by crook, and by war.

Europeans annexed the North American continent during the 1700s & 1800s, thus the US was born & built as a nation.

I guess the US (government) has no issue with Israel doing something similar in the ME; we sure seem to support their land grabs, and our fore fathers did a better job at obtaining land by hook, by crook, and by war.
At the end of the day whoever has more soldiers and better weapons will decide control of the "holy" land, as it always has.

A good idea to announce that he is going to do that? Or a good idea to actually do that?

Putin said, Crimea belongs to Russia......and he took it.....and is it really "Russian ancient land"?

But on the other hand, Judea and Samaria has been the ancient Jewish homeland. They have the cemeteries and the archeology to prove it.

And it is not about some "magic book", it is about how England gave the Arab Hashemites 78% of Jewish land, when they had lived all of their ancestral life up to WWI........in Arabia.

It is about Jews being expelled from lands they had purchased and had every right to live on.

It is about Islam not allowing Jews to be 100% humans, therefore they have decided that Jews do not have the right to any of their ancient homeland.

It is about the Muslims listening to their Prophet and Allah, and both say "Any land we the Muslims have conquered.....belongs to us....forever".

So, imagine all you want about other countries, while you only worry about one, where the indigenous people DO have the right to live on their ancient land, but are being kept from doing so by Arab Muslims from Arabia.

Europeans were not indigenous to the Americas, Australia or any other part of that world.

The difference is that the Jewish people are THE indigenous people of the land where they have REBUILT, reconstituted their nation.

There is a HUGE difference between the two, if you ever care to look at it.

Putin said, Crimea belongs to Russia......and he took it.....and is it really "Russian ancient land"?

But on the other hand, Judea and Samaria has been the ancient Jewish homeland. They have the cemeteries and the archeology to prove it.

And it is not about some "magic book", it is about how England gave the Arab Hashemites 78% of Jewish land, when they had lived all of their ancestral life up to WWI........in Arabia.

It is about Jews being expelled from lands they had purchased and had every right to live on.

It is about Islam not allowing Jews to be 100% humans, therefore they have decided that Jews do not have the right to any of their ancient homeland.

It is about the Muslims listening to their Prophet and Allah, and both say "Any land we the Muslims have conquered.....belongs to us....forever".

So, imagine all you want about other countries, while you only worry about one, where the indigenous people DO have the right to live on their ancient land, but are being kept from doing so by Arab Muslims from Arabia.
The only right anybody has to land is what they can take and hold by force or treaty. Israeli's have chosen to hold a land that is complicated by millenia-long haunting of religious madness, their own and others. They better hope one day Christians don't decide to claim Israel as their ancient homeland.

I don't think it is a good idea.Why bring so many potential terrorists into Israel and change the dynamic vis a vis Jewish and Arab?

The last thing Israel needs right now is a greater percentage of Arabs living within its borders.

At the end of the day whoever has more soldiers and better weapons will decide control of the "holy" land, as it always has.
Except that it was never "holy" to the Muslims. It only became "holy" to them after Israel was created.

What took them so long?

Did he mention all of Judea and Samaria? Or just Area C?

Annexing Area C, and applying Israeli law over all of it, is just good for everyone. Start giving growth and building permits to the Arab Palestinians. Load them up with goodies. All the goodies.

The problem with this is that we would be creating another Gaza in Areas A and B. An island of Arab Palestine which would in all likelihood be required to be cut off and isolated as Gaza is. The question is whether or not people think that is a manageable problem. And how people think other Arab countries may respond.

The only right anybody has to land is what they can take and hold by force or treaty. Israeli's have chosen to hold a land that is complicated by millenia-long haunting of religious madness, their own and others. They better hope one day Christians don't decide to claim Israel as their ancient homeland.
Please, do not make me laugh harder than I already am.
Such religious nonsense. It has nothing to do with religion and Israel is protecting itself already from both Muslim AND Christian attacks, even if they do not come in the way of rockets and murder of civilians.

IT IS Jewish land, the Jewish ancient Homeland, so of course the Jews, as Israelis and all others, have every right to defend and protect their borders and population against any assaults from any of its neighbors and even those who are helping those who wish its destruction.

Except that it was never "holy" to the Muslims. It only became "holy" to them after Israel was created.

What took them so long?
That's just stupid. Islam is descended from Judaism, just like Christianity. Muslims have an ancient claim to the land too, but the magic they've been raised to believe isn't the kind preferred by the people who currently have the better weapons there.

Did he mention all of Judea and Samaria? Or just Area C?

Annexing Area C, and applying Israeli law over all of it, is just good for everyone. Start giving growth and building permits to the Arab Palestinians. Load them up with goodies. All the goodies.

The problem with this is that we would be creating another Gaza in Areas A and B. An island of Arab Palestine which would in all likelihood be required to be cut off and isolated as Gaza is. The question is whether or not people think that is a manageable problem. And how people think other Arab countries may respond.
It would be only to area C.
The time to expel the Arabs as they did with the Jews in 1948 was in 1967. But, I would guess it would all depend on what the PA would have in mind if area C was actually annexed. The PA cannot stop its attempts at land grab with the EU's help.

Forum List

Back