Anne Frank Murals Vandalized in Italy

Back in 1945 the world said never again... but yet here we are

I don't understand antisemitism and hatred of Israel
It's demonic in origin. It flares up and precedes major bloodletting in the world's history. The difference this time is that if the Jews burn, they have to capacity to make sure their enemies burn, as well.

Not all street art is graffiti, but we know if the situation was flipped the vandalism would be labeled by the left as a hate crime.

Both sides have their ranks of easily-triggered folks. Perhaps it was a historian upset that Anne Frank was depicted holding a flag of a nation that did not exist when she was alive so they felt a need to add to the absurdity. Who knows. The left is heavily divided on this current conflict.

Yes, I do recognize that boy. Famous photo. May he RIP.

That said, the antisemitism being spread by the pro-Palestinians is disgusting and dangerous. A friend of mine warned me five years ago that as our country admits more and more Muslims, the Jew-hate would get more and more widespread and deep.

And the thing is, we all know this, yet we continue to let them in. It's mindboggling.

Both sides have their ranks of easily-triggered folks. Perhaps it was a historian upset that Anne Frank was depicted holding a flag of a nation that did not exist when she was alive so they felt a need to add to the absurdity. Who knows. The left is heavily divided on this current conflict.

"Absurdity"? Really dude?

I tell ya, if leftists and their Hamas loving Democrats can gas all Jews in the world without being charged for crime against humanity, they would release Zyklon B without any remorse.

Do you have evidence Israel existed when Anne Frank was alive?

I didn't say it did, but there's nothing "absurd" about the mural. The artist was simply creating an abstract of the conflict. You have a Palestinian girl, burning the Hamas flag, and a tearful Anne Frank representing Israel.
You're looking at it way too literally.

I didn't say it did, but there's nothing "absurd" about the mural. The artist was simply creating an abstract of the conflict. You have a Palestinian girl, burning the Hamas flag, and a tearful Anne Frank representing Israel.
You're looking at it way too literally.

You are the one who is looking at it literally. I am looking at it as speech in a public place should be open to all viewpoints, art can be speech, and someone spoke and another person responded. And while you don't find it absurd, does not mean that others cannot. The word has a few synonyms, one being incongruous.

You are the one who is looking at it literally. I am looking at it as speech in a public place should be open to all viewpoints, art can be speech, and someone spoke and another person responded. And while you don't find it absurd, does not mean that others cannot. The word has a few synonyms, one being incongruous.
“Open to all viewpoints” does not mean antisemites can vandalize a mural that shows sympathy to a poor girl tortured by the Nazis.

Are you a Democrat or a Republican? I’ve been noting how much more prevalent antisemitism, or at the minimum tolerance of it, is among those on the Left, and I can’t remember your political position.

Well if one "street artist" paints something on a wall, don't be surprised if another "street artist" comes along and paints something else. graffiti kind of works that way.
the murals was ART------

Anne Frank was a Jewish teen...and died for no good reason. Fascism killed her. It's just that simple

Then let them create their own mural, instead of destroying someone elses.
Notice that they removed the Jewish child from the mural. I don't see that as someone's speech.

Forum List

Back