Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context

By Benjy Sarlin

Ann Romney defended her husband's closed-door comment that 47 percent of Americans are incurably dependent on government and see themselves as "victims" in an interview with Colorado station FOX31.

"It's unfortunate when something gets misinterpreted like this or it gets taken out of context because if you really do listen to everything that he does say, he's talking about what we're facing in America right now," Romney said in the interview.

Romney added that "if you listen to the whole context of what Mitt talks about, he is talking about what's happening right now in America and how more and more people are falling into poverty, more, in particular, women are falling into poverty."

Video: Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context | TPM LiveWire

.... and about how he thinks they are all whiny babies.

in the video romney first stresses how important and scary the deficit is.

then he stresses that the US has to carry a very very very big stick to subdue iran and co.

:lol:

then he stresses that the US has to carry a very very very big stick to subdue iran and co.

I thought Russia was our #1 enemy

that's ok. the ranking of the enemy does not matter, as long as the military is tha biggest evah. very very very big stick.

some sort of foreign policy no doubt.

does not jibe very well with the deficit, at least if you aim to reduce it.

that's ok. the ranking of the enemy does not matter, as long as the military is tha biggest evah. very very very big stick.

Yeah, crack open that 50 year old book of liberal attacks.

"The military is bloated.......poor people are starving.....the rich need to pay higher taxes......burn baby burn.......kill whitey!!!!"

Last edited:

"The military is bloated.......poor people are starving.....the rich need to pay higher taxes......burn baby burn.......kill whitey!!!!"
Interesting that someone that claims not to be a racist is always throwing around the term kill whitey.

so you did not read the transcript, haha

By Benjy Sarlin

Ann Romney defended her husband's closed-door comment that 47 percent of Americans are incurably dependent on government and see themselves as "victims" in an interview with Colorado station FOX31.

"It's unfortunate when something gets misinterpreted like this or it gets taken out of context because if you really do listen to everything that he does say, he's talking about what we're facing in America right now," Romney said in the interview.

Romney added that "if you listen to the whole context of what Mitt talks about, he is talking about what's happening right now in America and how more and more people are falling into poverty, more, in particular, women are falling into poverty."

Video: Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context | TPM LiveWire

Taken out of context my ass. He was given the chance to set the story straght, to say what he "meant to say" and he said no. He had to have known before he went to that press conference that it was being said that he said 47% of Americans, those who don't pay income taxes, are freeloaders. So when asked about it why didn't he say no I didn't mean the full 47%?

Interesting that someone that claims not to be a racist is always throwing around the term kill whitey.

It's from a scene in "Black Sheep". Chris Farley on stage whooping up a crowd. Got the same reaction then too.

What does Romney have to defend?

He spoke the truth.

47% do think of themselves as victims. And they do so because the democrats need votes and power.

His statements can't be defended, they were reprehensible and completely false.

His statements were so true it bugs the holy shit out of you.

It's from a scene in "Black Sheep". Chris Farley on stage whooping up a crowd. Got the same reaction then too.

You can't help yourself, can you.

I feel sorry for Ann and his boys.

This must be so embarrassing.

I really don't think they're bad people, just out of touch.

What does Romney have to defend?

He spoke the truth.

47% do think of themselves as victims. And they do so because the democrats need votes and power.
Yeah. Fuck the elderly, working poor and handicapped. Damn leaches.

Yea, Shame on Obama..More people today than at any other time since The Great Depression are in a poverty level income bracket.. Are seeing gas prices more than double from a President who PROMISED to SKYROCKET energy prices.. wait until this years WINTER heating bills hit.. From a President who now TAXES the poor with a 1200 tax penalty for not getting health care they can't afford to begin with.. For printing money like a whore on crack causing the dollar to drop in value, inflation to rise.. unlike the oceans he promised to rise.. I agree, OBAMA TO THE POOR AND ELDERLY = A big FUCK YOU!

I am tired of paying for health care for peole with no insurance. IF they get fined for not having it. Good. I know what he trying to do. Make insurance affordable but let me ask you this, if a person doesnt have insurance and something major happens to them, who pays for it?

Fuck that. As far as everything else you mentioned, he had a horrible situation he inherited. Thank God we are not in a depression. He did fantastic with that.

Forum List

Back