Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context

Not really out of context but most of the context was erased, because it appears that the recording was edited.

So two minutes out of 45 is the context? Really? What could he have said in that two minutes that would have changed what he said in the other 45?

"For the benefit of all the wage slaves here serving us our 50K a plate dinners, when most of you probably don't make that much in a year, wouldn't it be absolutely hysterical if Governor Romney could do a schtick where he acts like a rich disconnected Douchebag! Governor Romney?"

"Thanks, Bob! How is that outsourcing to China going? Okay, someone ask me a question, and I'll try to sound as callous as possible... just for giggles. It's not like one of these wage slaves might have a hidden camera or anything around here."

Not really out of context but most of the context was erased, because it appears that the recording was edited.

So two minutes out of 45 is the context? Really? What could he have said in that two minutes that would have changed what he said in the other 45?

here is the whole thing, we report, you decide

WATCH: Full Secret Video of Private Romney Fundraiser | Mother Jones

Mother Jones. Might as well be Mother Goose.

By Benjy Sarlin

Ann Romney defended her husband's closed-door comment that 47 percent of Americans are incurably dependent on government and see themselves as "victims" in an interview with Colorado station FOX31.

"It's unfortunate when something gets misinterpreted like this or it gets taken out of context because if you really do listen to everything that he does say, he's talking about what we're facing in America right now," Romney said in the interview.

Romney added that "if you listen to the whole context of what Mitt talks about, he is talking about what's happening right now in America and how more and more people are falling into poverty, more, in particular, women are falling into poverty."

Video: Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context | TPM LiveWire

For Ann, "Taken Out of Context" = didn't know he was being recorded.

Mother Jones admitted to leaving out some of the more important parts of Romney's comments here. Selective Edit? Mother Jones Admits Romney Tape Missing 'One to Two Minutes'

lol, of course breitbart will suspect "selective editing".

No dumb-ass....they admitting to it.

Somebody came up with a complete version of it and Mother Jones was forced to admit their copy was edited. And I might add that possession of the video is actionable in a court according to Florida law.

Last edited:
Mother Jones admitted to leaving out some of the more important parts of Romney's comments here. Selective Edit? Mother Jones Admits Romney Tape Missing 'One to Two Minutes'

One to two minutes out of over 45. What could have been said in that two minutes to change the tenor, tone and actual words of that 45 minutes? What could he have said that would negate saying that 47% of the country don't want to take responsibility for themselves?

The problem being that's not what he said.

What he said was people that don't pay income taxes won't vote for someone offering lower income taxes. It doesn't take but 30 seconds to say that there are other ways to appeal to these voters, but then that was probably edited out to make him sound more accusatory. A trick the left is real good at.

Doctored videos are not reliable evidence.

Somebody came up with a complete version of it and Mother Jones was forced to admit their copy was edited. And I might add that posession of the video is actionable in a court according to Florida law.

they are not admitting to selective editing.

you are mixing a lot of different stuff here.

try to read something before you spout off.

Somebody came up with a complete version of it and Mother Jones was forced to admit their copy was edited. And I might add that possession of the video is actionable in a court according to Florida law.

I can read too.

First they said the video was complete, then they were forced to admit part of it was missing(the most important part).

They admitted that the device "just turned off". They would never admit to selective editing, but then this is the usual tactic of these media advocates anyway. Cut it to make it into something it isn't. By the time the truth came out it wouldn't matter, the damage is already done. These liars will never admit it was purposely edited.

I can read too.

First they said the video was complete, then they were forced to admit part of it was missing(the most important part).

They admitted that the device "just turned off". They would never admit to selective editing, but then this is the usual tactic of these media advocates anyway. Cut it to make it into something it isn't. By the time the truth came out it wouldn't matter, the damage is already done. These liars will never admit it was purposely edited.

judging from the context, in the missing minute romney did not say anything altering or mitigating what he said on tape.

if that was the case, we'd heard of these statements by now.

instead of this

Romney Reacts to 47 Percent Video, Stands By Remarks | Mother Jones

Romney's Video-Debunking Claim Is

I can read too.

judging from the context, in the missing minute romney did not say anything altering or mitigating what he said on tape.

instead of this

During a debate candidates got only 90 seconds to wrap up or summarize their comments. I'm sure he could have done so in 120.

I already pointed out the context repeatedly yet you want to read something else into it.

Not my problem you assume the worst while I see it for what it is. Offering lower taxes to folks that don't pay those taxes is simply a total waste of time and he was right about that.

Don't you agree?

I can read too.

instead of this

During a debate candidates got only 90 seconds to wrap up or summarize their comments. I'm sure he could have done so in 120.

I already pointed out the context repeatedly yet you want to read something else into it.

Not my problem you assume the worst while I see it for what it is. Offering lower taxes to folks that don't pay those taxes is simply a total waste of time and he was right about that.

Don't you agree?

i don't buy your "out of context" defense.

rom mittney has three debates to dazzle.

i am sure that right now some poor shlobs have to come up with a 90-120 seconds spin-job that mitt can use in the debates.

unfortunately the video is there for all to see, as is the transcript.

and mitt has "doubled down" on it.

instead of this

Don't you agree?

i am sure that right now some poor shlobs have to come up with a 90-120 seconds spin-job that mitt can use in the debates.

If he didn't double-down I'm sure you'd count that as guilt. Problem is he's not ashamed of saying what is true. Editing parts of what he said allows you to draw an incorrect conclusion. Thatks why it wasn't allowed to be viewed by Mother Goose. It was most likely too revealling to allow. Much like the video NBC rejected because they claim "couldn't be verified". However it clearly showed Obama admitting he wanted to use "government action" to take from " us" and give to "them", meaning his base.

Don't you agree?

If he didn't double-down I'm sure you'd count that as guilt. Problem is he's not ashamed of saying what is true. Editing parts of what he said allows you to draw an incorrect conclusion. Thatks why it wasn't allowed to be viewed by Mother Goose. It was most likely too revealling to allow. Much like the video NBC rejected because they claim "couldn't be verified". However it clearly showed Obama admitting he wanted to use "government action" to take from " us" and give to "them", meaning his base.

cling to that straw.

Forum List

Back