Ann Romney: 'Going to be cuts made to a lot of programs people aren't going to like'

That uppity bitch is as snotty as her husband.

Wow, that much hate usually means fear. Are you afraid that if Obama doesn't get elected the economy might improve and you'll have to move out of your Mommy's basement and stand on your own two feet?

Yeah right. Obama and the Dumbos in Congress would rather see another credit downgrade then cut things they won't like to cut (welfare).

Welfare, as of 2000, is 1.7% of the ENTIRE FEDERAL BUDGET, asswipe.

You can't continue to try to balance the whole household budget by ever cheaper brands of kitty litter and toilet paper. Sooner or later the champagne and caviar has to go.

booze and cigs are something people on welfare always seem to be able to afford

What part of one. POINT. seven. percent. of. THE. ENTIRE. FEDERAL. BUDGET. is hard (even for you) to grasp?

The analogy stands. Our government since Reagan has tried to balance budgets that plan more for champagne and caviar than basic household supplies for thirty YEARS. They then use the inevitable results to campaign against anything that amounts to sane fiscal management. But hey, you have fun down that rabbit hole. Just don't try to upstage the Red Queen too much.

Yeah right. Obama and the Dumbos in Congress would rather see another credit downgrade then cut things they won't like to cut (welfare).

You can't continue to try to balance the whole household budget by ever cheaper brands of kitty litter and toilet paper. Sooner or later the champagne and caviar has to go.

Ya that's a plan! Take away the cigarettes! You are going to have a whole lot of pissed off people with THAT plan. I can't wait to see how that works out. :lol:

We've got hundreds of unnecessary overseas bases staffed by 10's of 1000's of military. Close the bases, bring home the men. It saves billions of dollars and we get the added benefit of those soldiers spending their paychecks HERE, stimulating OUR economy rather than someone else's.

I'm sure we could use 50,000 or more of them on our southern border stopping the influx of illegal aliens, saving what few jobs we have left for LEGAL American citizens.

Looks like a win/win to me...

There are going to be cuts, people aren't going to like them. That's a fact. Even if Obama wins, by year 2, there will be cuts. He won't like them, neither will those effected. That is a fact. It's unavoidable, regardless of who wins.

I agree, there will be cuts.

And there will probably be tax increases no matter who wins.

But then it becomes a question of why you are making cuts and who is effected by them.

I have no problem trimming the growth of medicare to ensure it is there in 15 years when I'm going to need it.

I have a huge problem with gutting it and turning it into an inadquate voucher plan so that a few rich people can get even more tax breaks.

There are going to be cuts, people aren't going to like them. That's a fact. Even if Obama wins, by year 2, there will be cuts. He won't like them, neither will those effected. That is a fact. It's unavoidable, regardless of who wins.

But then it becomes a question of why you are making cuts and who is effected by them.

I have no problem trimming the growth of medicare to ensure it is there in 15 years when I'm going to need it.

I have a huge problem with gutting it and turning it into an inadquate voucher plan so that a few rich people can get even more tax breaks.

I agree w/ you. Repubs never liked it anyway. They say they want to "save it" but what they mean is they want it to be a mere shadow of its former self.

I agree w/ you. Repubs never liked it anyway. They say they want to "save it" but what they mean is they want it to be a mere shadow of its former self.

If Obama wins re-election Medicare will be gutted and run by a panel of 15 un-elected appointees who will get to decide how to continue skimming from Medicare to fund Obamatax. LOL.. That's amusing that you think it will be there for you if Obama has his way. The competition introduced by the Romney plan will start to lower costs and make programs responsive to consumers again.

ann1.png

It is like a bad dream come true, Ann Romney explaining the policies that will be put in place, should her husband win the election in November. There’s going to be cuts, in programs and people won’t like it.

Why on earth would the wife of a so-called experienced businessman, who claims he has a reputation for creating jobs when in reality he outsourced them to China, be speaking to American families and digging in the knife?

Why would Ann Romney love rubbing salt in the wounds of many bankrupt Americans, many homeless Americans, the jobless, the disabled and the elderly in an almost boastful fashion say this to “you people”?

More: Ann Romney There’s Going to Be Cuts -People Aren’t Going to Like | Politicol Commentary News

Yes - that's called leadership. This is how you know that the GOP are the only adults in the room. As a parent, you constantly have to make decisions that your children don't like, but which are good for them.

The same with ending the nation collapsing gravy train for the parasite class...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The Romney mantra: Privatize gains, socialize losses.

Government welfare for the rich far exceeds government welfare for the poor.

ann1.png

It is like a bad dream come true, Ann Romney explaining the policies that will be put in place, should her husband win the election in November. There’s going to be cuts, in programs and people won’t like it.

Why on earth would the wife of a so-called experienced businessman, who claims he has a reputation for creating jobs when in reality he outsourced them to China, be speaking to American families and digging in the knife?

Why would Ann Romney love rubbing salt in the wounds of many bankrupt Americans, many homeless Americans, the jobless, the disabled and the elderly in an almost boastful fashion say this to “you people”?

More: Ann Romney There’s Going to Be Cuts -People Aren’t Going to Like | Politicol Commentary News

Yes - that's called leadership. This is how you know that the GOP are the only adults in the room. As a parent, you constantly have to make decisions that your children don't like, but which are good for them.

The same with ending the nation collapsing gravy train for the parasite class...

like the politicans?

Ya that's a plan! Take away the cigarettes! You are going to have a whole lot of pissed off people with THAT plan. I can't wait to see how that works out. :lol:

naaa, they can't do that then Obama and the Democrats won't be able to tax the poor

SNIP:
ma's Tax on the (Smoking) Non-Rich
Calvin Woodward writes for the Associated Press: "One of President Barack Obama's campaign pledges on taxes went up in puffs of smoke Wednesday.

"The largest increase in tobacco taxes took effect despite Obama's promise not to raise taxes of any kind on families earning under $250,000 or individuals under $200,000.

"This is one tax that disproportionately affects the poor, who are more likely to smoke than the rich."

Obama's no-taxes pledge was most often made in the context of income taxes. But consider this: "'I can make a firm pledge,' he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. 'Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.'...

the rest at
White House Watch - Obama's Tax on the (Smoking) Non-Rich

but VOTE for him again suckers

We've got hundreds of unnecessary overseas bases staffed by 10's of 1000's of military. Close the bases, bring home the men. It saves billions of dollars and we get the added benefit of those soldiers spending their paychecks HERE, stimulating OUR economy rather than someone else's.

I'm sure we could use 50,000 or more of them on our southern border stopping the influx of illegal aliens, saving what few jobs we have left for LEGAL American citizens.

Looks like a win/win to me...

Very much so, and one of the things that NEITHER party wants to accomplish….

And yet we sit here arguing for and against the 2 parties….

AGAIN PEOPLE, OBAMA PLEDGED not to raise your TAXES and he LIED to you and did it as soon as he BECAME PRESIDENT
--------------------------------
"One of President Barack Obama's campaign pledges on taxes went up in puffs of smoke Wednesday.

"The largest increase in tobacco taxes took effect despite Obama's promise not to raise taxes of any kind on families earning under $250,000 or individuals under $200,000.

"This is one tax that disproportionately affects the poor, who are more likely to smoke than the rich."

Obama's no-taxes pledge was most often made in the context of income taxes. But consider this: "'I can make a firm pledge,' he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. 'Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.'...

the rest at

AGAIN PEOPLE, OBAMA PLEDGED not to raise your TAXES and he LIED to you and did it as soon as he BECAME PRESIDENT
--------------------------------
"One of President Barack Obama's campaign pledges on taxes went up in puffs of smoke Wednesday.

the rest at

Yes, he did - and it REALLY pissed me off. I can afford my smokes, but that's not the point. Tobacco taxes are used for just about everything - EXCEPT smokers' healthcare.

Last edited:

If Obama wins re-election Medicare will be gutted and run by a panel of 15 un-elected appointees who will get to decide how to continue skimming from Medicare to fund Obamatax. LOL.. That's amusing that you think it will be there for you if Obama has his way. The competition introduced by the Romney plan will start to lower costs and make programs responsive to consumers again.

Ignorance in one paragraph. Why are you right wingers so stupid?

Affordable Insurance Exchanges

The Affordable Care Act helps create a competitive private health insurance market through the creation of Affordable Insurance Exchanges. These State-based, competitive marketplaces, which launch in 2014, will provide millions of Americans and small businesses with “one-stop shopping” for affordable coverage. They will also provide the sole venue where Members of Congress will get their health insurance.

What is a health insurance exchange?

Exchanges are new organizations that will be set up to create a more organized and competitive market for buying health insurance. They will offer a choice of different health plans, certifying plans that participate and providing information to help consumers better understand their options.

Beginning in 2014, Exchanges will serve primarily individuals buying insurance on their own and small businesses with up to 100 employees, though states can choose to include larger employers in the future. States are expected to establish Exchanges--which can be a government agency or a non-profit organization--with the federal government stepping in if a state does not set them up. States can create multiple Exchanges, so long as only one serves each geographic area, and can work together to form regional Exchanges. The federal government will offer technical assistance to help states set up Exchanges.

The Facts About the Independent Payment Advisory Board

The Independent Payment Advisory Board – IPAB, was created by the Affordable Care Act. Here’s how IPAB works:

• 15 experts including doctors and patient advocates would be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate to serve on IPAB.

• IPAB would recommend policies to Congress to help Medicare provide better care at lower costs. This could include ideas on coordinating care, getting rid of waste in the system, incentivizing best practices, and prioritizing primary care.

• IPAB is specifically prohibited by law from recommending any policies that ration care, raise taxes, increase premiums or cost-sharing, restrict benefits or modify who is eligible for Medicare.

Congress then has the power to accept or reject these recommendations. If Congress rejects the recommendations, and Medicare spending exceeds specific targets, Congress must either enact policies that achieve equivalent savings or let the Secretary of Health and Human Services follow IPAB’s recommendations.

IPAB is a backstop – it would only take effect if Medicare costs grow too fast. We’re already implementing a series of reforms that will improve the quality of care and reduce costs. In fact, according to Congressional Budget Office projections, Medicare spending won’t hit the targets that would cause IPAB’s recommendations to take effect in the next decade. But independent experts agree that IPAB will offer constructive ideas and help keep Medicare cost growth per enrollee affordable in the long run:

Experts including former Bush Administration Medicare Official Mark McClellan called for “[strengthening] and [clarifying] the authority and capacity of the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB).”

Former Congressional Budget Office Director Former CBO Director Robert Reischauer called IPAB a “big deal” that “could generate substantial savings.”

Experts from the Commonwealth Fund wrote “the Affordable Care Act includes important provisions that will finally begin to control unchecked health care costs, such as…the creation of the Independent Payment Advisory Board. Building on and extending these provisions across the health system has the greatest promise of slowing the growth of government health care budget outlays, private insurance premiums, and underlying health care cost trends.”

A coalition of economists including three Nobel laureates said “the Affordable Care Act contains essentially every cost-containment provision policy analysts have considered effective in reducing the rate of medical spending” including an Independent Payment Advisory Board.

Under the President’s framework, seniors will have their guaranteed Medicare benefits. People on Medicare won’t be saddled with thousands of dollars in additional health care costs. And Medicare beneficiaries will be able to choose the health care plan and doctor that work for them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back