Ann Romney: 'Going to be cuts made to a lot of programs people aren't going to like'

The executive DOES NOT AND CAN NEVER cut taxes.
That is a Legislative function per The Constitution.

I wasn't aware that the signing of tax legislation by the President had been stopped. What year was that?

Stop being an idiot. PLEASE.

Only an idiot believes that Congress has no authority to over ride a Presidential veto.

You need to go back to about the 5th grade and learn

1. how a bill becomes law, and 2. how not to be annoying asshole.

right and unless they make a buck or two breeding them....so what about Moons statement about a 188,000 dollar write off?.....i looked it up and Bloomberg business said the Romneys have not been able to write off anything YET except 50 bucks....here is what they said.....

In 2010, the only complete year of tax returns that the Romneys have released publicly, the couple was able to deduct only $50 of more than $77,000 in losses related to the horse business. When they can turn the losses into future deductions depends in part on whether and when their horse business becomes profitable.

so Moon care to explain what you said?.....
That was already pointed out to him in the first thread created on this subject but of course he is going to leave out the facts.

Bigots will be bigots….

The insanity is that we got people out there trying to make ends meet, and these assholes are spending 188K on fucking dancing horses...

So now you think you're qualified to tell people what they can spend their own fucking money on??
Typical liberal bullshit!!

business expense...if you owned the Horse you would be doing the same dam thing....

A legitimate business has to have a reasonable expectation of being able to make money.
i posted something about this already....if they make money it will be in breeding them....but Moon has not answered were he got that 177,000 dollar tax right off he said Mitt got for the Horses......the article said he go 50 bucks......big difference....

I was wrong, it was 77k

Included in this pushing of the envelope is a $77,000 tax deduction for the care and feeding of a horse.

Well, not just any horse. A ballet horse. Dressage is the French name of the sport that is often referred to as horse ballet, an elite equestrian sport.

It is also an Olympic sport and Rafalca, the Romneys’ dancing horse, is competing.

Romney’s Gold Medal In Tax Deductions « CBS Minnesota

Ann Romney: 'Going to be cuts made to a lot of programs people aren't going to like'

Let's start by cutting out the tax deduction for dressage horses. There's an easy 75,000 bucks!

What was Romney’s write off for the horse?

Do you even know or are you incapable of actual thought…

My bad...clearly... It wasn't $75,000. It was $77,000.

Both Left And Right Got The Taxes On The Romneys' Olympic Horse Wrong - Forbes

From your link:

Since the taxpayer must allocate passive income proportionately against passive losses, only $49 of their passive horse loss could be used.

Let's start by cutting out the tax deduction for dressage horses. There's an easy 75,000 bucks!

What was Romney’s write off for the horse?

Do you even know or are you incapable of actual thought…

My bad...clearly... It wasn't $75,000. It was $77,000.

You were given the answer twice and you STILL fucked it up. I guess you can’t actually think for yourself.

That is what the horse COST. They only received 50 bucks off their tax.

But wait, there’s more. Last week, on the conservative Breitbart site, the right wing took a swing and also missed. Lee Stranahan erroneously suggested in “Beating A Dead Horse: The Left Media Lies About Romney Taxes,’’ that the Romneys will only get to use their $77,000 tax deduction “if there’s profit in the future on their horse business investment.”

Wrong. The Romneys will likely get to claim all the horse losses later, even if they never make a dime form Rob Rom—in other words, the taxpayers will end up subsidizing Mrs. Romney’s love of dressage, only on a deferred basis. (Kind of appropriate since the U.S. puts most things on the credit card.)

Last edited:
A legitimate business has to have a reasonable expectation OF WHAT GOVERNMENT POLICY WILL BE on taxes.
And with Obama I do not have that. I have "we will do this and that for another year and see"
So why would I want to start my 4th business when I have no clue what one of my major expenses will be?
You could tax everyone that makes over 250K a year 100% and it will not run the country for 7 months. That is fact.
Spending is the problem. Unfunded mandates for Medicare alone are 35 trillion for the next 30 years.
Do you really believe taxes being raised solves that?
Everytime we raise taxes government raises spending to match it.
We doubled the size of food stamps and unemployment insurance in 4 years and Obama believes that is a success story.

"Uncertainty" is a red herring. There is never certainty, about tax policy, spending policy, regulatory policy, anything. When was there ever certainty?

Reagan changed tax policy repeatedly over 8 years. He cut taxes raised taxes cut taxes raised taxes over and over again.

The executive DOES NOT AND CAN NEVER cut taxes.
That is a Legislative function per The Constitution.

It's interesting you would claim that today, when a few months ago you were talking about the BUSH TAX CUTS:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4812612-post16.html

Maybe you should set up a debate with yourself.:lol::lol::lol:

But wait, there’s more. Last week, on the conservative Breitbart site, the right wing took a swing and also missed. Lee Stranahan erroneously suggested in “Beating A Dead Horse: The Left Media Lies About Romney Taxes,’’ that the Romneys will only get to use their $77,000 tax deduction “if there’s profit in the future on their horse business investment.”

Wrong. The Romneys will likely get to claim all the horse losses later, even if they never make a dime form Rob Rom—in other words, the taxpayers will end up subsidizing Mrs. Romney’s love of dressage, only on a deferred basis. (Kind of appropriate since the U.S. puts most things on the credit card.)

so in other words .....it hasnt happened yet......so until it does....its a non story.....

annromneySTFU.jpg

The Romneys’ 2010 return shows $2,276,385 in losses from various passive activities, including a loss of $77,731 from Rob Rom, but just $2,120 in passive income. Since the taxpayer must allocate passive income proportionately against passive losses, only $49 of their passive horse loss could be used.
How many years do you expect it to take to get the deduction? How many years can you defer the tax?

If he was only able to claim 50 bucks this year, why do you seem to think he is going to get so damn much in the next. Or, are you going to return to a legitimate business investment and then rail on buisnesses actually deducting costs.

There really is no bad way to slice this.. You just can’t, no matter how hard you try.

ann1.png

It is like a bad dream come true, Ann Romney explaining the policies that will be put in place, should her husband win the election in November. There’s going to be cuts, in programs and people won’t like it.

Why on earth would the wife of a so-called experienced businessman, who claims he has a reputation for creating jobs when in reality he outsourced them to China, be speaking to American families and digging in the knife?

Why would Ann Romney love rubbing salt in the wounds of many bankrupt Americans, many homeless Americans, the jobless, the disabled and the elderly in an almost boastful fashion say this to “you people”?

More: Ann Romney There’s Going to Be Cuts -People Aren’t Going to Like | Politicol Commentary News

I love how Liberals attack someone for Speaking the Plain truth. She was being perfectly Honest, Something Democrats are unwilling to do. The American People deserve to be told exactly what is up. were in Trouble, and sooner or Later very Painful Cuts will be unavoidable, The longer our Leaders kick the Can down the Road, the more it is going to hurt when we finally can not kick it any further.

That was already pointed out to him in the first thread created on this subject but of course he is going to leave out the facts.

Bigots will be bigots….

The insanity is that we got people out there trying to make ends meet, and these assholes are spending 188K on fucking dancing horses...

So now you think you're qualified to tell people what they can spend their own fucking money on??
Typical liberal bullshit!!

YOu think it's fine that a few people can divide the pie?

The real problem here is that allow accumulation of wealth in a few hands, which is absolutely insane, and dangerous. So people buying dancing horses when people are starving to death is actually pretty dangerous and foolish.

I wasn't aware that the signing of tax legislation by the President had been stopped. What year was that?

Stop being an idiot. PLEASE.

Only an idiot believes that Congress has no authority to over ride a Presidential veto.

You need to go back to about the 5th grade and learn

1. how a bill becomes law, and 2. how not to be annoying asshole.

Congressional override Presidential veto.
Presidents always sign legislation when they know that the Congress has the votes for an override of a veto.
What would be the point of a Presidential veto if he knew it would be overriden?
Ignorant people do get annoyed easily by those of us that know the law.
Govern yourself accordingly.

Nice leap... I said extreme cuts to something that the government is constitutionally charged to do.... There is no doubt that there is fat that can be trimmed from the defense budget.. but this bozo wants a 50% cut, while not eliminating things that the government is not constitutionally charged to do... all the while keeping the mantra of unequal treatment so that 'others' can pay for things you want

The Constitution charges Congress with a lot of things.

It charges the government to do a list of SPECIFIC things.... it is not charged to be a nanny, allowance giver, etc.. then you have the 10th amendment that ensures that powers not specifically given to the federal govt are reserved for the states and/or the citizens...
And?

Forum List

Back