Ann Coulter On Romney and Illegal Immigration

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Ann strikes again !!!

I can't wait for the she-man jokes either. The left is always so predictable.

But here you go.

Ann uses her razor on the establishment.

The actual Republican Establishment –- political consultants, The Wall Street Journal, corporate America, former Bush advisers and television pundits -- are exhorting Mitt Romney to flip-flop on his very non-Establishment position on illegal immigration.
Both as governor of Massachusetts and as a presidential candidate, Romney has supported a fence on the border, E-Verify to ensure that employees are legal and allowing state police to arrest illegal aliens. He is the rare Republican who recognizes that in-state tuition, driver's licenses and amnesty are magnets for more illegal immigration.

These positions are totally at odds with Establishment Republicans who pander to the business lobby by supporting the cheap labor provided by illegal immigration, and then accuse Americans opposed to a slave labor class in America of racism. If this continues, America will become California and no Republican will ever be elected president again. Big business doesn't care and Establishment Republicans are too stupid to notice.

If you're not sure how you feel about illegal immigration, ask yourself this: "Do I have a nanny, a maid, a pool boy, a chauffeur, a cook or a business requiring lots of cheap labor that the rest of America will have to subsidize with social services to make up for the wages I'm paying?" Press "1" to answer in English.

If the answer is "no," illegal immigration is a bad deal for you. Cheap labor is cheap only for the employer.

Today, 70 percent of illegal immigrant households collect government benefits -- as do 57 percent of all immigrant households -- compared to 39 percent of native households.

Immigrant households with the highest rate of government assistance are from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (tied at 75 percent), based on the latest available data from 2009. Immigrant households least likely to be on any welfare program are from the United Kingdom (7 percent).

British immigrants aren't picking the tomatoes Karl Rove doesn't want his son to pick. (That's how he justified Bush's amnesty proposal.)

You can either pay a little more for tomatoes picked by Americans or you can pay a lot more in welfare to the illegal immigrants who will pick them as well as to generations of their descendants.

Romney Doing the Job the Republican Establishment Won't Do - Ann Coulter - Townhall Conservative Columnists - Page 1

When i lived in MA,he did this,and obama buttfuck buddy deval patrick rolled back and undid every good policy romney had going.
he gets my vote.
hes consistant with illegal immigration.
had issues with his social liberalism,but hes miles better than obama.

Yawn...

Here's the problem with Romney. Once upon a time, he actually was kind of sensible. In that he admitted that deporting 11 million people was a logistical impossibility. Then he had to run for the Crazy Minuteman Vote, and could get to the right of McCain, and then Perry and Gingrich, by playing the Nativist Card.

Here's the reality. The people who really run the GOP want illegal immigration. They want you just scared enough someone can take your job for a little less that you'll take a little less. And they want to keep you mad about it instead of being mad at the people you should be mad at.

So when Romney slips up and blurts out something like "I can't have illegals, I'm running for office, for Pete's sake", he kind of gives up the game.

Except for you guys who are so self-deluded you pretend not to notice.

Yawn...

Here's the problem with Romney. Once upon a time, he actually was kind of sensible. In that he admitted that deporting 11 million people was a logistical impossibility. Then he had to run for the Crazy Minuteman Vote, and could get to the right of McCain, and then Perry and Gingrich, by playing the Nativist Card.

Here's the reality. The people who really run the GOP want illegal immigration. They want you just scared enough someone can take your job for a little less that you'll take a little less. And they want to keep you mad about it instead of being mad at the people you should be mad at.

So when Romney slips up and blurts out something like "I can't have illegals, I'm running for office, for Pete's sake", he kind of gives up the game.

ho hum....

libs are so deluded they think BO is handling the problem because illegals are starting to LEAVE.......

....they just pretend not to notice the real reason.....that the jobs just aren't there anymore.....

Last edited:
Yawn...

Why do you capitalize chicken?

Yawn...

ho hum....

libs are so deluded they think BO is handling the problem because illegals are starting to LEAVE.......

....they just pretend not to notice the real reason.....that the jobs just aren't there anymore.....

They started to leave right after the immigration bill was signed. I know people who taught school who said their class size fell 25% (and they met with the parents who openly stated they were headed home to Mexico) at that time.

There is an attitude in AZ about this that most people don't understand. When you feel like you are essentially being invaded (and about half the legal long term hispanics feels the same way too....they suffer when illegal help comes across the border and drives down wages), you get a little testy.

Jan Brewer is a hero to many and AZ isn't gong to be a battleground state.

Yawn...

ol....gotta love it...

"heres the reality"...and then he offers a far left wing opinion.

Yawn...

ol....gotta love it...

"heres the reality"...and then he offers a far left wing opinion.

Reality and Joey have yet to meet. That's the reality.

Actually, he's right. Who are the largest employers of illegals? The meat processors - and every single one of them are butt plugs tightly nestled into Republican candidates' arses. Did you know they ADVERTISE for workers down there? Did you know that some of them bus 'em up here and then try to dump them at homeless shelters? Corporatists want to drive wages DOWN and they don't care how they do it or who it hurts - even if it's the whole country - as long as they make a short term profit. Just like Wall St. bankers did with our economy.

Working conditions; Ilegal Immigrants

Last edited:

Actually, he's right. Who are the largest employers of illegals? The meat processors - and every single one of them are butt plugs tightly nestled into Republican candidates' arses. Did you know they ADVERTISE for workers down there? Did you know that some of them bus 'em up here and then try to dump them at homeless shelters? Corporatists want to drive wages DOWN and they don't care how they do it or who it hurts - even if it's the whole country - as long as they make a short term profit. Just like Wall St. bankers did with our economy.

Working conditions; Ilegal Immigrants

I skimmmed through the article and did not see the mention of the connection to the GOP.

Did I miss it ?

"Today, 70 percent of illegal immigrant households collect government benefits -- as do 57 percent of all immigrant households -- compared to 39 percent of native households..........."

Thats an Obscenity that needs to be corrected............

Agreed.kickem all all out.deport every one.
i created down here,the georgia agricultural initiative,being used here in georgia,that replaces the need for illegal migrant workers with nonviolent criminal offenders.
saves businesses money,and eliminates the need for illegal labor.
IT IS WORKING.
it also penalizes businesses for holding them.
dont believe i.did it?
ask MEISTER and GALLANTWARRIOR.
they have copies of the actual proposal.

I skimmmed through the article and did not see the mention of the connection to the GOP.

Did I miss it ?

Meat processing & products: Background | OpenSecrets

"Individuals and political action committees associated with the meat industry contributed $1.6 million the candidates at the federal level during the 2008 campaign cycle, with nearly 70 percent going to Republicans. The industry is a strong supporter of the GOP, and has given the party more than three-quarters of the $10 million of its contributions made since the 1990 election cycle."

Its racist and oppressive to keep foreigners and criminals from getting taxpayer funded healthcare, educations and welfare..............................

Illegals have "rights".....................lol

There isn't much you can do about stupidity, but you can fight ignorance.

Information is the antidote to ignorance.

I challenge everyone to look up the Unemployment rate before the recession. If you do so, it will become quickly evident that illegal immigrants do not steal jobs.

More information: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...grants pay Social Security tax, won't benefit

While many Americans believe illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, billions of dollars deducted from paychecks issued to undocumented workers flow to the Social Security Administration (SSA) every year. Those workers almost certainly will never see that money again.

In 2009, the last year for which figures are available, employers reported wages of $72.8 billion for 7.7 million workers who could not be matched to legal Social Security numbers.

That total hit a record $90.4 billion, earned by 10.8 million workers, in 2007, just before the recession. Some of those were legal workers who simply made paperwork mistakes, but the majority are believed to be illegal immigrants.

"When you hear people voicing anti-immigrant sentiments, one of the first things they say is, 'They don't pay any taxes, and they just take money out of the system,' " said Jeannie Economos of the Farmworker Association Florida, based in Apopka, Fla. "But that just isn't true. Yes, some are paid under the table, but the majority are paid by check, and they pay taxes out of those checks."

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't track a worker's immigration status, yet many illegal immigrants fearful of deportation won't risk the government attention that will come from filing a return even if they might qualify for a refund. Economist William Ford of Middle Tennessee State University says there are no firm figures on how many such taxpayers there are.

"The real question is how many of them pay more than they owe. There are undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of people in that situation," Ford said.

But some illegal immigrants choose to file taxes and write a check come April 15, using an alternative to the Social Security number offered by the IRS so it can collect income tax from foreign workers.

"It's a mistake to think that no illegal immigrants pay taxes. They definitely do," said Martha Pantoja, who has been helping Hispanic immigrants this tax season as an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer for the non-profit Nashville Wealth Building Coalition.

Employers withhold income taxes, and entitlement taxes. Unlike you and me, illegal immigrants usually don't file taxes to get their refund, so they are paying a higher rate in taxes than you and me in such cases. They don't get that money back that a citizen would. No deductions, no credits. It's all gone. Plus, they don't get to use the entitlement benefits they are paying into. So you are getting a free ride on their contributions.

What Ann Coulter is doing is giving you a very carefully framed picture that leaves out some very significant aspects of the contributions illegal immigrants make to our treasury.

She wants you to focus just on their costs.

That is what is known as a "lie of omission", at which many pundits are very polished.

Last edited:
Yawn...

ho hum....

Precisely. And of course Romney hasn't changed his position at all, as JoeB dishonestly implies with his nonsense about "the Crazy Minuteman Vote", though he did emphasize/de-emphasize certain aspects of that position depending on where he was campaigning from time to time. Instead, Romney has always held that the best way to send illegals packing was not by formally rounding them up and deporting them, but by enacting the various prohibitions passed by Arizona, for example, which block their ability to effectively or readily work and live here. A bad economy means fewer jobs; the inability to acquire most jobs, regardless of the state of the economy, means fewer jobs: different reasons for the same outcome.

Last edited:
There isn't much you can do about stupidity, but you can fight ignorance.

Information is the antidote to ignorance.

I challenge everyone to look up the Unemployment rate before the recession. If you do so, it will become quickly evident that illegal immigrants do not steal jobs.

More information: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...grants pay Social Security tax, won't benefit

While many Americans believe illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, billions of dollars deducted from paychecks issued to undocumented workers flow to the Social Security Administration (SSA) every year. Those workers almost certainly will never see that money again.

In 2009, the last year for which figures are available, employers reported wages of $72.8 billion for 7.7 million workers who could not be matched to legal Social Security numbers.

That total hit a record $90.4 billion, earned by 10.8 million workers, in 2007, just before the recession. Some of those were legal workers who simply made paperwork mistakes, but the majority are believed to be illegal immigrants.

"When you hear people voicing anti-immigrant sentiments, one of the first things they say is, 'They don't pay any taxes, and they just take money out of the system,' " said Jeannie Economos of the Farmworker Association Florida, based in Apopka, Fla. "But that just isn't true. Yes, some are paid under the table, but the majority are paid by check, and they pay taxes out of those checks."

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't track a worker's immigration status, yet many illegal immigrants fearful of deportation won't risk the government attention that will come from filing a return even if they might qualify for a refund. Economist William Ford of Middle Tennessee State University says there are no firm figures on how many such taxpayers there are.

"The real question is how many of them pay more than they owe. There are undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of people in that situation," Ford said.

But some illegal immigrants choose to file taxes and write a check come April 15, using an alternative to the Social Security number offered by the IRS so it can collect income tax from foreign workers.

"It's a mistake to think that no illegal immigrants pay taxes. They definitely do," said Martha Pantoja, who has been helping Hispanic immigrants this tax season as an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer for the non-profit Nashville Wealth Building Coalition.

Employers withhold income taxes, and entitlement taxes. Unlike you and me, illegal immigrants usually don't file taxes to get their refund, so they are paying a higher rate in taxes than you and me in such cases. They don't get that money back that a citizen would. No deductions, no credits. It's all gone. Plus, they don't get to use the entitlement benefits they are paying into. So you are getting a free ride on their contributions.

What Ann Coulter is doing is giving you a very carefully framed picture that leaves out some very significant aspects of the contributions illegal immigrants make to our treasury.

She wants you to focus just on their costs.

That is what is known as a "lie of omission", at which many pundits are very polished.

Balderdash......

In the first place, it is doubtful they pay any federal income taxes. Next, they do take benefits from society as pointed out in the article. I realize they pay SS tax, but that is the point......the overall cost of having illegals in the supply chain isn't as low as some would like to think.

90.4 billion ain't that much when you consider how much we spend on entitlements and the percentage of illegals that get help. One visit to an ER can cost a whole lot of SS. Farmworkers of Florida ? Could you find a more biased source please.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back