Animal Activists (Massachusetts)

ok when you can convince other animals from eating each other i will stop eating them, if they dont agree to stop then neither will i and since certain species cannot survive without eating meat good luck with that, and i didnt say for you to adopt i said you should help the shelter in getting others to adopt by spreading the word about the cats and dogs needing adoption, be an advocate for them, its more realistic, instead of this silly protesting of a chicken franchise.

I'll stop eating meat when those dickheads can convince animals to stop eating humans. :cool:

You guys know raising meat releases more greenhouse gasses than all the cars we drive on the planet?

I can find a link if you need, it was on CNN the other day.

EDIT: Arf dont miss my question on page 2.....
I am a meat eater.

See..... this is why I can't stand PETA and other extremist groups. Their whole thing is to mislead and misrepresent because they don't believe in animal husbandry and they don't believe animals should be food. Someone needs to teach them about the foodchain...

I say this as someone who was a vegetarian for eight years....so it's not that I'm not sympathetic to animals... in fact, I love animals. But chicken is food.... as are their eggs. They should just be treated as humanely as possible while they're being raised for food.

Now... to respond to the KFC BS which PETA and it's progeny have been spouding for years.... this is KFC's response from back in 2004 when the activists first started lying about this, since KFC isn't in the business of raising it's own chickens:

KFC responds to chicken supplier scandal
23-Jul-2004
Related topics: Supply Chain

KFC has labelled the investigation by animal rights activists, which revealed horrific cruelty at a major US chicken supplier awarded 'Supplier of the Year' in 1997, as a "mischaracterisation" of KFC.

"Pilgrim's Pride is one of our many suppliers, and we are just one of many fast food companies that buy from this Moorefield, West Virginia facility. In fact, we only buy 15 per cent of all the product this facility produces - our other fast food competitors buy the other 85 per cent," said KFC president Gregg Dedrick.

"So why did PETA single us out? Why did they mischaracterise this Pilgrim's Pride facility as a "KFC facility?" Why did they attempt to make it look like we raise and process chickens, when they know we do not?"

Dedrick contends that the video is part of a concerted anti-KFC campaign, shot through with lies and propaganda.

"We think it's outrageous that PETA is unfairly singling out KFC," he said at Wednesday's press conference. "They've done this because we're the most recognised brand selling chicken today, and our name, Kentucky Fried Chicken, is synonymous with chicken. So we have become their target."

"We ask you today to stop being a pawn used by PETA."

But People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta), the organisation that shot the film, believe they have every right to point the finger at KFC. The undercover video details improper treatment of chickens and unhygienic behaviour at a US plant that was named KFC's "Supplier of the Year" in 1997.

Available on Peta's kfccruelty.com website, the video depicts workers at the plant owned by Pilgrim's Pride, the second largest processor of chickens in the United States, breaking birds' beaks, throwing them into cages and shows dead and lame birds in appallingly overcrowded conditions.

On top of this, KFC itself boasts that "as a major purchaser of food products, we have the opportunity, and responsibility, to influence the way animals supplied to us are treated. We take that responsibility very seriously, and we are monitoring our suppliers on an ongoing basis to determine whether our suppliers are using humane procedures for caring for and handling animals they supply to us.

"As a consequence, it is our goal to only deal with suppliers who promise to maintain our high standards and share our commitment to animal welfare".

Some would say that it is a bit rich therefore for KFC to wash its hands of at least some responsibility, and on Wednesday Dedrick attempted to qualify KFC's involvement in animal welfare. "While we have set standards for our suppliers, it's ultimately up to them to enforce them every day," he said.

Dedrick did confirm that the KFC found the behaviour by Pilgrim's Pride employees at the plant "appalling" and in violation of "the standards we have in place for all our suppliers". The company has told Pilgrim's Pride that KFC will no longer buy product from this facility until they can guarantee there are no more instances of animal abuse.

KFC also announced that it will place an inspector at the facility to monitor activities and has asked Pilgrim's Pride to place security cameras to ensure that this behaviour is not repeated again.

For its part, Pilgrim's Pride has sacked 11 employees, including one superintendent, one supervisor, one foreman and eight hourly employees as a result of the scandal.

"Pilgrim's Pride follows the animal welfare guidelines recommended by the National Chicken Council (NCC)," the company said in a statement this week. "This program covers all aspects of broiler chicken welfare and was developed by industry experts in consultation with academic experts from leading universities.

"Further, under the terms of Pilgrim's Pride employment, any employee who observes violations of the company's animal welfare policies is obligated to report them immediately to their supervisor."

KFC responds to chicken supplier scandal

While I don't generally accept corporate assertions blindly, having dealt with PETA on certain legal issues involving prior clients of mine, I know their tactics as outlined by Peter Singer in his book Animal Liberation. He believes, as does PETA, that lies in furtherance of the cause don't matter....

It's amazing me that PETA is still using these bogus stories to raise money and recruit well-meaning people.

Our friend who posted the O/P needs to reassess his priorities.

You guys know raising meat releases more greenhouse gasses than all the cars we drive on the planet?

So does eating food. Just ask this guy.

6a00b8ea07533e1bc000d4142bc9f43c7f-.jpg

In all seriousness, I've never eating KFC (and likely never will). Is it tasty, tasty or just greasy and gross?

ok when you can convince other animals from eating each other i will stop eating them, if they dont agree to stop then neither will i and since certain species cannot survive without eating meat good luck with that, and i didnt say for you to adopt i said you should help the shelter in getting others to adopt by spreading the word about the cats and dogs needing adoption, be an advocate for them, its more realistic, instead of this silly protesting of a chicken franchise.

I'll stop eating meat when those dickheads can convince animals to stop eating humans. :cool:

I can find a link if you need, it was on CNN the other day.

EDIT: Arf dont miss my question on page 2.....
I am a meat eater.

Yeh. Did you know that the hot air released from political discussion forums increases global warming by 25%. :razz:

Me and my girlfriend are holding a KFC protest sometime soon, we are waiting for more people to come and join us, if you would like to know more email me.

Why?

Me and my girlfriend are holding a KFC protest sometime soon, we are waiting for more people to come and join us, if you would like to know more email me.

i think your time would be better spent trying to find people to adopt cats and dogs out of shelters so they are not killed due to overcrowding.

Why? Well for one everything that breathes has a right to life. Just because us humans 'rule' the world, doesn't mean we can kill whatever we like. For those of you who have pets, if someone came along and said 'Hey I'd like to eat your dog for supper, mind if I take it?' You would most likely have a sort of relationship with your pet and probably wouldn't let them take it, so what is different about any other animal? As for KFC, they torture animals daily. I'll give you a link cause I don't wanna type it all: Kentucky Fried Cruelty: The Movie - Torture Camp

I would like to adopt animals from shelters but one, I don't have the money to support them and two, I don't yet have my own place to do so.

No one is going to eat your pet chicken. Quit being a lunatic.

i think your time would be better spent trying to find people to adopt cats and dogs out of shelters so they are not killed due to overcrowding.

Why? Well for one everything that breathes has a right to life. Just because us humans 'rule' the world, doesn't mean we can kill whatever we like. For those of you who have pets, if someone came along and said 'Hey I'd like to eat your dog for supper, mind if I take it?' You would most likely have a sort of relationship with your pet and probably wouldn't let them take it, so what is different about any other animal? As for KFC, they torture animals daily. I'll give you a link cause I don't wanna type it all: Kentucky Fried Cruelty: The Movie - Torture Camp

I would like to adopt animals from shelters but one, I don't have the money to support them and two, I don't yet have my own place to do so.

No one is going to eat your pet chicken. Quit being a lunatic.

On a related note, I did have a pet rooster as a child, but a fucking cock fighter stole him because I raised the bird that well. But I am still a bird eater, us cats will eat almost anything.

i ate gator when i went to new orleans and i particularly enjoyed it because i knew if that gator was alive it wouldnt blink regarding whether it should eat me or not if given the opportunity.

Question: Do animal rights people get upset at animals eating each other? I mean, animals use their natural talents to kill other animals for food. A lion may use speed and claws to hunt down a gazelle. Humans do the same thing- but instead of speed and claws, we have intelligence and tools.

Question: Do animal rights people get upset at animals eating each other? I mean, animals use their natural talents to kill other animals for food. A lion may use speed and claws to hunt down a gazelle. Humans do the same thing- but instead of speed and claws, we have intelligence and tools.

Hell, even our most barbaric forms of killing are nothing compared to the other animals.

I'm from MA. Give me more details about what and why you are protesting exactly in regards to KFC.

Be warned I eat meat.

Animal activists are after different things with KFC depending upon the personal feelings of each individual. Right now we are just focusing on more humane methods of killing the animals. Right now the companies that supply the chickens have been caught caught abusing the animals (throwing them, smashing them, stomping on them, spraypainting them etc.) and when they are at the slaughterhouse they are not given any form of painkillers and then have their throats slit while they are still fully conscious and can feel pain, then dumped into the boiling defeathering tank and burnt alive. The employees are supposed to take an oath to treat these animals humanely but they don't seem to follow it.

Weither you eat meat or not, weither you think we should or not, you should care that these animals can feel pain and go through a great deal of suffering just so you can eat.

As for the animals eating each other, that's what they do. That's their way of life. They are not as intelligent as us and only do what their animal instincts tell them to do.

Humans are made out of meat, but you don't eat people, do you?

And to those ignorant folks in here making disgusting comments, every chicken contains 50% more arsenic than drinking water (cancer anyone?) and they also are dragged through feces before getting to your plate. Also Mad Cow Disease and Bird Flu are alive and well in the US. Enjoy!

Forum List

Back