Angry Talk

No, it didn't exist.

You seem confused about Old English, Middle English, and Modern English. Did the British Isles exist then? Was there any form of government there? Did people live there?

Oddly, on another part of the forum someone posted at length indicating a violent hostility to the idea that anyone would learn, teach, or speak any language other than English in America. Is this a prevalent attitude?

Not my attitude. American students should learn at least two languages, in my opinion. Chinese should be one of them.

It's not easy to learn a second language, but American students should have one advantage, they already speak the language most experts say is the most difficult to learn...

Okay, most of them butcher it and come off sounding ignorant, but still...

Last edited:
....American students should have one advantage, they've [sic] already speak the language most experts say is the most difficult to learn...

Nonsense. There is no "most difficult to learn" language.

the british islands existed england didn t

the rocks existed, the people living there weren t english didn t speak english, the english language did not exist

a mixtture of keltic languages with roman influence

the anglosaxon language which lead to old english was introduced after the conquest

in wales they speak something like what existed in that aerea before english

Last edited:
Where was "English" before 1066?

England, mostly.
english [sic] didn t [sic] exist like england [sic] didn t [sic] exist, learn a bit of history please [sic]

Funny you should mention that, since both English and History are things I know more about than you are ever likely to understand.

The language, like the political entity, have developed and continue to develop over a very long period of time.

Oddly, on another part of the forum someone posted at length indicating a violent hostility to the idea that anyone would learn, teach, or speak any language other than English in America. Is this a prevalent attitude?

Forum List

Back