Angry Talk

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Oddly, on another part of the forum someone posted at length indicating a violent hostility to the idea that anyone would learn, teach, or speak any language other than English in America. Is this a prevalent attitude?

Not my attitude. In fact I took several different languages in school.

'
These are the same people who would be angry and outraged if they were expected to speak some other language than English when they visited or lived in a foreign country. .... :lol:

One of the greatest ways for an English speaker to learn about her/his language is to study French.

Some seem hostile just to learning. Many are hostile to teaching.

'
I am reminded of the pious inhabitant of the Bible Belt who was shown a Greek New Testament.

She cried out angrily, "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for me!" .... :lol:

'
I am reminded of the pious inhabitant of the Bible Belt who was shown a Greek New Testament.

She cried out angrily, "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for me!" .... :lol:

Did she know that Jesus was Jewish, and spoke and wrote Hebrew?

English is a bastardized language. Study any language and you will learn more about english
I prefer to call English a "creole" -- but you are quite right about learning more about English.

English is the fusion of Anglo-Saxon and French, with a few others thrown in. There is little 'German', though of course the language is still classed as 'germanic'.

Forum List

Back