Angry Letter to three Democrat Friends: Ultimatum before I give up on the Democrat Party

Is Frank denying he is as nuts as Oliver Stone?

Wait. You don't believe that LBJ had Black Leaders executed for affirming their independence and power and rejecting Democrat control over blacks?

c266d3d6441b5de82c246250f6c8988e_1024.jpg

Link, Frank?

Or is this from the same Cherokee Absolutism fact machine?

Wait. You don't believe that LBJ had Black Leaders executed for affirming their independence and power and rejecting Democrat control over blacks?

Link, Frank?

Still no answer from Factoid Frank? He must be out interviewing Cherokees. One at a time, whatever it takes in pursuit of the Facts. :rolleyes:

Here's the actual quote from the actual transcript of the actual speech, -- which was not two days before his assassination in February 1965 but ten months earlier in the early spring of 1964, well before both the presidential election and the Civil Rights Act, for which he was stoking the fires:

"Any time you throw you weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government and that party can't keep the promise that it's made to you during election time, and you're dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race." -- Malcolm X, transcribed version from 3 April 1964, Cleveland, "The Ballot or the Bullet" speech (later renamed "The Ballot and the Book"
-- the April 12 Detroit version (relevant exerpt) is here
--- in which he railed against LBJ, Democrats, Republicans, government in general, and his direct target in this speech -- Dixiecrats. Immediately after this passage he launches back into that theme:

"What kind of alibi do [they] come up with? They try and pass the buck to the Dixiecrats. Now, back during the days when you were blind, deaf and dumb, ignorant, politically immature, naturally you went along with that. But today, as your eyes come open, and you develop political maturity, you're able to see and think for yourself, and you can see that a Dixiecrat is nothing but a Democrat – in disguise." [applause] (2nd link)
You'll remember the "Dixiecrats" from 1948 when they walked out of the Democratic convention and ran their own candidate, Strom Thurmond, who Trent Lott was talking about when he made his frank confession. You'll remember them from later in 1964 too, when they finally did the previously unthinkable, bolted from the Democratic Party and joined the Republicans, beginning with Thurmond himself, breaking a century-old bipolar relationship that had been used to acquire and hold power. Malcolm here is not only calling for "black nationalism" and invoking the new term "African American" -- he's calling out the Democratic Party for coddling racists in its southern conservative base and calling out government in general for not following its own Constitution over the previous ten years.

And his impetus was apparently powerful enough to influence both of those as the CRA passed a few months later, Thurmond began the Dixiecrat migration two months after that, and LBJ was re-elected two months after that.

--- All of which, being in 1964, happened during Malcolm's lifetime, and not "two days before he was killed". By February 1965, LBJ had already been elected and inaugurated -- what would be the point of offing his critic after the fact?

Facts are stubborn things, Frank. Maybe you should stick with Cherokee genealogies. Trolling Google Images for historical points doesn't seem to be working out well.

Read the speech, either version. It's illuminating.

The dates are wrong on the image. I didn't generate it, just copied it.

BTW, prove LBJ didn't assassinate Malcolm X

Once again Frank, it doesn't work that way. Just as with E. Warren, YOU are the guy making the claim, ergo it's YOUR responsibility to back it up. All you did was fetch a Google image that not only completely fucked up the date but got the quote wrong as well, as I just proved to you.

And once again, dates are important. Malcolm's railing in part against LBJ here. Why would LBJ have him assassinated AFTER he's already won re-election, and nearly a year after these speeches? You can speculate all you like but after giving us a fake quote with a fake date, you don't even present a credible theory, let alone anything tangible.

Frank man speak with forked tongue. Perhaps heap big sale on firewater.

Frank, I'm in LA/Hollywood. I have a few friends with connections. You are truly talented

Hi Dante If you have connections, how about Angelina Jolie:
Angelina Jolie Says She Is Open to Political Career - The Hollywood Reporter

Do you think she or Oprah would come out in support
of campus plans to restore Freedmen's Town as a
center for govt reforms and training leaders in self-sufficiency and self-government?

Funded by restitution for abuses by political and corporate corruption?

John Cusack, Ed Norton,
What liberals or Democrats would you bet on to support
a plan for fulfilling the plans of "poor Black residents" to
preserve national history and rebuild a sustainable campus district?

Link, Frank?

Link, Frank?

Still no answer from Factoid Frank? He must be out interviewing Cherokees. One at a time, whatever it takes in pursuit of the Facts. :rolleyes:

Here's the actual quote from the actual transcript of the actual speech, -- which was not two days before his assassination in February 1965 but ten months earlier in the early spring of 1964, well before both the presidential election and the Civil Rights Act, for which he was stoking the fires:

"Any time you throw you weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government and that party can't keep the promise that it's made to you during election time, and you're dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race." -- Malcolm X, transcribed version from 3 April 1964, Cleveland, "The Ballot or the Bullet" speech (later renamed "The Ballot and the Book"
--- in which he railed against LBJ, Democrats, Republicans, government in general, and his direct target in this speech -- Dixiecrats. Immediately after this passage he launches back into that theme:

"What kind of alibi do [they] come up with? They try and pass the buck to the Dixiecrats. Now, back during the days when you were blind, deaf and dumb, ignorant, politically immature, naturally you went along with that. But today, as your eyes come open, and you develop political maturity, you're able to see and think for yourself, and you can see that a Dixiecrat is nothing but a Democrat – in disguise." [applause] (2nd link)
You'll remember the "Dixiecrats" from 1948 when they walked out of the Democratic convention and ran their own candidate, Strom Thurmond, who Trent Lott was talking about when he made his frank confession. You'll remember them from later in 1964 too, when they finally did the previously unthinkable, bolted from the Democratic Party and joined the Republicans, beginning with Thurmond himself, breaking a century-old bipolar relationship that had been used to acquire and hold power. Malcolm here is not only calling for "black nationalism" and invoking the new term "African American" -- he's calling out the Democratic Party for coddling racists in its southern conservative base and calling out government in general for not following its own Constitution over the previous ten years.

And his impetus was apparently powerful enough to influence both of those as the CRA passed a few months later, Thurmond began the Dixiecrat migration two months after that, and LBJ was re-elected two months after that.

--- All of which, being in 1964, happened during Malcolm's lifetime, and not "two days before he was killed". By February 1965, LBJ had already been elected and inaugurated -- what would be the point of offing his critic after the fact?

Facts are stubborn things, Frank. Maybe you should stick with Cherokee genealogies. Trolling Google Images for historical points doesn't seem to be working out well.

Once again Frank, it doesn't work that way. Just as with E. Warren, YOU are the guy making the claim, ergo it's YOUR responsibility to back it up. All you did was fetch a Google image that not only completely fucked up the date but got the quote wrong as well, as I just proved to you.

And once again, dates are important. Malcolm's railing in part against LBJ here. Why would LBJ have him assassinated AFTER he's already won re-election, and nearly a year after these speeches? You can speculate all you like but after giving us a fake quote with a fake date, you don't even present a credible theory, let alone anything tangible.

Okay Pogo, and where is YOUR proof that my letter I wrote myself
is taken from rightwing radio?

I posted the link to the last news bit I did in 2012 on Freedmen's Town.
After the Occupy volunteers devastated and destroyed the plans and
opportunity we had to go national, I had to go back to focus on work.

So I can show you where I got what I am saying in my posts.

Where are YOU getting that I am not who I say?
If you want to hold FRANK to prove his points, where are YOUR assertions coming from?

Thanks, Pogo
I trust you to be fair.
I don't mind you questioning me, but if you are going to say Frank needs to own up
if he is wrong, then are you willing to do the same. And if you don't want to or don't need to admit it,
then why ask Frank to do what you won't either on a public forum!!!

No offense Em, but you sound like a republican that is merely wearing a democrat hat to try to change the democrats.

That occurred to me too. I don't know too many people who claim over and over to be a member of an organization that they can't even get the name of right.

Shit, that's one hell of an obsessive diatribe. My advice to you is to stop watching cable "news" and stop listening to "talk radio." Life is too important to let professional politicians do fuckery to your mind.

Hell, just go live a life and accept responsibility for your outcomes. Nobody is stopping you.

"do fuckery".....he he....

I fucking love English

Link, Frank?

Link, Frank?

Okay Pogo, and where is YOUR proof that my letter I wrote myself
is taken from rightwing radio?

I posted the link to the last news bit I did in 2012 on Freedmen's Town.
After the Occupy volunteers devastated and destroyed the plans and
opportunity we had to go national, I had to go back to focus on work.

So I can show you where I got what I am saying in my posts.

Where are YOU getting that I am not who I say?
If you want to hold FRANK to prove his points, where are YOUR assertions coming from?

Thanks, Pogo
I trust you to be fair.
I don't mind you questioning me, but if you are going to say Frank needs to own up
if he is wrong, then are you willing to do the same. And if you don't want to or don't need to admit it,
then why ask Frank to do what you won't either on a public forum!!!

It's right in your title, as I and others have already pointed out: "Democrat Party" [sic]

Words give you away. That's Lush Limblob's malaprop.

Frank to his credit owned up to his image getting the date and the "two days later" bit wrong, But he holds onto his assassination conspiracy theory even though my post broke its legs. Then he wants me to prove his theory wrong. That's not quite the same thing as pointing out a telltale Limblobism in your writing.

Shit, that's one hell of an obsessive diatribe. My advice to you is to stop watching cable "news" and stop listening to "talk radio." Life is too important to let professional politicians do fuckery to your mind.

Hell, just go live a life and accept responsibility for your outcomes. Nobody is stopping you.

"do fuckery".....he he....

I fucking love English

Personally I think I woulda gone with fuckify here...

It's right in your title, as I and others have already pointed out: "Democrat Party" [sic]

Words give you away. That's Lush Limblob's malaprop.

I don't get your insinuation.
What is wrong with referring to Democrat Party?

That's who I am registered with. I'm with Democrat Precinct 30,
and even tried to present some resolutions through the last convention
that Edna Griggs with the Texas Democrat Women can tell you went over everyone's heads.

You can check with our precinct chair who I have yelled at by email
about making me pay two years on his van to bail him out so he wouldn't lose it.

Pogo if you are serious that you don't believe I am with the Democrat Party,
do you want to bet 10 million dollars?

That's what I wanted to raise to buy out the lots to set up a campus for Vets.

You are not my enemy here, and probably one of the more sympathetic reasonable
allies I have run across who is willing to talk out the conflicts in details and the solutions!

But for the sake of expedience, instead of having to jump through more and more hoops to raise
the money to set up this campus plan for Vets and historic preservation,

I'd be happy to make a simple bet I CAN win.

So Pogo if you REALLY do not believe I am a member of the Democrat Party
with these real gripes against my fellow members,
I am happy to bet you 10 million dollars I am, as a shortcut to raising the money.

Now, do you want to make a bet online?

If you lose and can't pay the 10 million, I can ask Rush Limbaugh to raise the money
for vets since he has all this wonderful access to talk radio that I don't have!

He could raise it instantly.

But I'm just one Democrat surrounded by a bunch of victims.
I tried to do that press conference, then SJLee did one right after ours
and got the NAACP to come out. And last I checked she was protesting
the removal of historic brick streets because we still got no help to save Black history in Freedmen's Town
even though it is a nationally registered landmark.

What do you want to bet?
10 million that I am not really a Democrat registered with the Democrat Party?

Or do you want to bet both the Democrat/Progressive stations like Pacifica
vs. Rush Limbaugh and Allen West and the rightwing talk radio stations
who can raise 10 million first to buy out the land for Vets to set up a campus?

Pogo, whatever raises the money first, I'm not picky.
I just need this plan pushed to get it funded before
I run out of time on my jobs and ability to pay off the debts on my cards this has cost me....

Here is my neighbor Lenwood Johnson in this press video who co-authored the campus plans
SJLee signed onto,
Time running out for historic Freedman s Town - FOX 26 News MyFoxHouston

Do you need him and D1 to verify that I am a Democrat?

D1 and I have gone to conventions together and passed resolutions about Freedmen's Town and setting up a civil rights center and process for restitution. The Resolution committee changed it from reparations to restitution so it wouldn't be opposed as too provocative.

What are you questioning about me and the Democrat Party?
I'm not getting this.

I made a commitment to uphold the Constitution and to protect and restore the rights of others I saw violated by govt abuses.

Sorry, but I cannot just walk away, but must first hand over the responsibility to others willing to take it on and
finish the restitution process.

After that, I can rest after getting my part done. But can't do all this work to put solutions together,
and then throw it in the trash. I need to hand it to the people who can put these solutions into action.

And just dismayed at this pass the buck attitude I run into.

Our police and Vets can't be the only ones left enforcing the Constitution while everyone else gets a free ride.
We all have to do our part or it's too much on those who do take on the responsibility.

I made a similar commitment to enforce the laws and resolve conflicts.
I very much want to hand over the reins to others more able to lead the teams and troops,
but am not going to just drop the ball and quit. My job is to delegate and connect the community's
plans to the right people and parties to support them to fruition.

Em, if you don't know that Dems support education, training, infrastructure/jobs programs and Pubs block them sigh....relax as much as possible and vote Dem. Won't help TEXAS much lol...

Hi Franco are you a Vet?
Can you help me and my Democrat Vet Friends get this campus plan funded?
We've gotten no help.

Where is this help the Democrats are supposed to support?
Can we form a Vet team and it get it going?
I have a couple of friends, but they're all waiting on me.

Can we ask the mods here like Westwall can a section
be set up for "ORGANIZING and IMPLEMENTING Veteran reforms and solutions/support"?
Would that help us to organize and really help and get away from divisive blame and politics?

Thanks!
No, I'm not.
Blocked and underfunded by Pubs. Things will never get anywhere in general until PUBS are thrown out. Sorry, one party IS the problem and should get the blame. Lying greedy POSs and their propagandized chumps. see sig. Good luck.

Hmmm how is this any different from GOP members
who say the liberals are the scourge and need to be removed from office.

Don't both campaigns cancel each other out.

How much is SPENT to push both messages, millions if not billions?
why can't that same money be used to buy land, buy out whole school districts,
to start teaching communities to manage themselves independently by local govt under Constitutional processes?
The difference is the GOP is FOS and needs a gigantic propaganda machine, Fox Rush, Beck, Heritage, Murdoch and Moonie papers, etc etc etc to keep the hater dupes in line.

No offense Em, but you sound like a republican that is merely wearing a democrat hat to try to change the democrats.

That occurred to me too. I don't know too many people who claim over and over to be a member of an organization that they can't even get the name of right.

What name isn't spelled right? I can only find Democrat spelled Democrat. Am I missing something?

Is there some place you are saying Democrat is spelled "Demorat" or something else?

The first people who ever told me that were anarchists who were volunteering with me at Allen Parkway in Freedmen's Town. Nicky who wouldn't even give his real name is the first person I ever heard refer to Demo-rats
and he was *anarchist* and allergic to even Constitutional laws until I explained them in terms of natural laws.

If you think I am repeating Rush Limbaugh,
where has he ever supported plans to restore Freedmen's Town as a sustainable campus?
To unite the black leadership across both parties? He only seeks to divide right from the left,
the same way opposing liberals divide left from right.

Where is ANYONE seeking all inclusion and collaboration, Pogo?
Have you ever heard of Limbaugh promoting a Republican President running with a Democrat Vice President?

I am a Constitutionalist, and will cite the First Fourteenth and other Amendments.
Due Process is another common term, consent of the governed, and equal protection of the laws.

Is that what you are saying makes me sound like someone else?

Where are you getting this, Pogo, can you please be specific?
I look at the same titles and only see Democrat spelled correctly.

Where did I miss something? Thanks!

What name isn't spelled right? I can only find Democrat spelled Democrat. Am I missing something?

Is there some place you are saying Democrat is spelled "Demorat" or something else?

The first people who ever told me that were anarchists who were volunteering with me at Allen Parkway in Freedmen's Town. Nicky who wouldn't even give his real name is the first person I ever heard refer to Demo-rats
and he was *anarchist* and allergic to even Constitutional laws until I explained them in terms of natural laws.

where has he ever supported plans to restore Freedmen's Town as a sustainable campus?
To unite the black leadership across both parties? He only seeks to divide right from the left,

Have you ever heard of Limbaugh promoting a Republican President running with a Democrat Vice President?

I am a Constitutionalist, and will cite the First Fourteenth and other Amendments.
Due Process is another common term, consent of the governed, and equal protection of the laws.

:banghead:

Emily Emily Emily.... it's the "Democratic Party". There is no such thing as the "Democrat Party". Does not exist, has never existed. Only Lush Rimjob and his Dittoes substitute a proper noun for the proper adjective.

Sheesh. You might spend some time actually reading what your write.

Em, if you don't know that Dems support education, training, infrastructure/jobs programs and Pubs block them sigh....relax as much as possible and vote Dem. Won't help TEXAS much lol...

Hi Franco are you a Vet?
Can you help me and my Democrat Vet Friends get this campus plan funded?
We've gotten no help.

Where is this help the Democrats are supposed to support?
Can we form a Vet team and it get it going?
I have a couple of friends, but they're all waiting on me.

Can we ask the mods here like Westwall can a section
be set up for "ORGANIZING and IMPLEMENTING Veteran reforms and solutions/support"?
Would that help us to organize and really help and get away from divisive blame and politics?

Thanks!
No, I'm not.
Blocked and underfunded by Pubs. Things will never get anywhere in general until PUBS are thrown out. Sorry, one party IS the problem and should get the blame. Lying greedy POSs and their propagandized chumps. see sig. Good luck.

Hmmm how is this any different from GOP members
who say the liberals are the scourge and need to be removed from office.

Don't both campaigns cancel each other out.

How much is SPENT to push both messages, millions if not billions?
why can't that same money be used to buy land, buy out whole school districts,
to start teaching communities to manage themselves independently by local govt under Constitutional processes?
The difference is the GOP is FOS and needs a gigantic propaganda machine, Fox Rush, Beck, Heritage, Murdoch and Moonie papers, etc etc etc to keep the hater dupes in line.

And people like Pogo don't need any help to accuse me of being something I'm not?

franco can you find out what Pogo is referring to?
Where did I misspell Democrat to make him think I am a follower of Rush Limbaugh?

I argue with rightwing conservatives as much as liberals who want to push onesided agenda.

I get along great with either liberals or conservatives who include opposing views equally as protected by law.
What is wrong with that?

Why does Pogo not believe I am a Democrat.
So weird. Like looking to make up reasons to blame me for something, anything they can find they can use to distract?

Nobody says Democrat Party but Rush and his chumps...

What???

That's like saying nobody says Republican Party but liberals and GOP opponents?
What?

Here is another link of documentation from 2002:
http://www.emilynghiem.com.istemp.com/FTjuly/petition-resolution.docx

PETITION and RESOLUTION

regarding

THE DEMOCRATIC PLATFORM

Passed March, 2004, and March, 2002

We, the undersigned Delegates and/or Participants

in PRECINCT 30, HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS,

hereby Petition and Resolve to include the

following items in the Democratic Platform:

I. A Civil Rights Center*, including

a museum, and legal education and outreach,

to be located in the National Historic District

of FREEDMEN’S TOWN in accordance with

the Allen Parkway Community Campus Concepts

approved by HUD, and the Fourth Ward Youth

Master Plan compiled by Darrell J. Patterson,

Precinct 30 Chair, in fulfillment of federal subgrant

agreements regarding historical community development.

II. A comprehensive investigation into continuing

complaints of misallocation of funds; denial of

democratic due process and the right to petition;

and harassment, exclusion, and unequal protection

of elderly, immigrant, low-income, and other minority

residents of FREEDMEN’S TOWN/FOURTH WARD.

III. A plan to correct the above wrongdoings*,

including a proposed microcredit system to support

financial restitution* to affected African-American,

immigrant, elderly, or other abused citizens found to have

been denied basic civil rights peaceably to assemble to

petition the Government for a redress of grievances, instead

of enjoying equal protection under the law.

PASSED originally by all 8 Delegates present and SIGNED March 12, 2002:

Emily Nghiem, Convention Chair

Darrell J. Patterson, Precinct Chair/Election Judge

Ruby Reuben, Convention Secretary

PASSED and RENEWED by agreement of Delegates present and SIGNED March 8, 2004:

Edison Hall, Convention Chair

Darrell J. Patterson, Election Judge/Convention Secretary

*REVISED by the Resolutions Committee and PASSED by Democratic Party

Senate District 13 on March 27, 2004, for proposal to the State Democratic Convention

Resolution

We, the Delegates of Precinct 30, Senate District 13, reaffirm the

previously adopted proposal for a Civil Rights Center in Houston’s

Fourth Ward, for the purpose of re-establishing equal and fair

representation and protection of community interests under the original

Allen Parkway Campus Plan, as a model for communities nationwide.

We ask that the grievances of low-income, elderly, and minority residents in

the public housing, Fourth Ward, and similar communities oppressed

by political and economic discrimination be by addressed and corrected as

a goal of the Civil Rights Center, as previously proposed and adopted.

The intent of this Resolution and proposed Civil Rights Center is

(1) to change the mentality that the rich have more power than the poor, and that politicians listen more to those with money, than those without;

(2) to ensure equal opportunity, diversity in employment, and local business ownership in low-income communities such as Fourth Ward;

(3) to bring the community to stand together in one accord to affirm the power in doing so; and (4) to preserve, restore, and defend the heritage, history, and culture of this and similar distressed neighborhoods, under the Youth Master Plan, developed as a model for all other communities.

We recognize the need to address and resolve grievances, regarding

discrimination of any form, in order to enforce equal Constitutional protection for all citizens, regardless of race, belief or creed, sexual gender or orientation, ethnicity or culture, social or economic status.

Attached are documents referred to in this updated Resolution (the previously adopted Resolution, the Allen Parkway Community Campus Concepts, and the Youth Master Plan for Fourth Ward) to be implemented as a model for development and restoration of civil rights in minority communities nationwide.

TO THE HONORABLE SHEILA JACKSON LEE:

As a leader in the Texas Democratic Party, your leadership is required to

pass the attached resolution proposing a CIVIL RIGHTS CENTER to be established in FOURTH WARD in fulfilling the ALLEN PARKWAY

VILLAGE CAMPUS and FOURTH WARD YOUTH MASTER PLAN.

Delegates are seeking support on both the state and national level.

To address outstanding grievances of Fourth Ward community residents,

Enron employees, and City of Houston workers regarding financial mismanagement and loss of funds, I further propose a joint plan for

FINANCIAL RESTITUTION using the land and housing development in Freedmen’s Town to organize a COMMUNITY LAND BANK, where profits

from real estate development and interest will be allocated to pay back

money lost or owed to taxpayers and workers due to misallocation of funds.

I ask your support to pass this RESOLUTION at the State Convention of the

Texas Democratic Party, and to present it at the National Convention.

Thank you for your faithful service to the community and to your constituents. I look forward to working with you to make this project a success.

Respectfully submitted,

Emily T. Nghiem

P.O. Box 981101

Houston, Texas 77098

:banghead:

Emily Emily Emily.... it's the "Democratic Party". There is no such thing as the "Democrat Party". Does not exist, has never existed. Only Lush Rimjob and his Dittoes substitute a proper noun for the proper adjective.

Sheesh. You might spend some time actually reading what your write.

Oh please. Thanks for the technical correction
and you had me scared there was something worse!

I'm actually relieved it was only that.

But I disagree with you that "only Rush Limbaugh and his dittoes"
cut off the -ic and just say "Democrat" this or that.

I will probably continue to say it that way because I am used to it.

Maybe it's because I'm in Texas, and everyone I know cuts it off and just
talks about the Democrats.

It might show I'm a native Texan, where even Rush Limbaugh comes
across as whining about problems and not about solutions and doing it yourself!

Maybe I should challenge him and my friend D2
who is the bigger whiny victim? is Rush Limbaugh or
my friends D2 and D1 more responsible for why Liberal Democrats have a bad name.

Is it what you do, what you don't do, or what the opposing media SAYS you do
that is causing the worse problem?

How about that bet?

What will raise 10 million for Veterans first?
I am HAPPY to hand the project over to them and not put up with all this bullying.
If they can take it, Allen West can take punches, good for him.
I am not the type that can stand being used as a punching bag or whipping post. sorry.

Ask him, I don't know. The Republican Party is correct. The Democrat Party is bs. How is Occupy involved in your plan? Sounds like a Pubcrappe diversion, not their fault, and neither is damage done by thugs.

You're a Democrat in the Democratic Party.

So how did Occupy ruin the plan?

The Occupy volunteers in Houston that I had set up in two of the houses used for offices
bullied and ran off the only volunteers among them who understood that Gladys House and I
were working multiple jobs to pay for the space and cover the costs.

The Occupy members who ended up dominating the project, including a Veteran
who was supportive of sustainable housing and even interviewed as a success story,
abused the space to support themselves at my expense.

Two of them got Occupy lawyers to try to claim adverse possession and
take the property away from the very people we were trying to help buy more property not lose it.

They told the lawyers the "lease was in their name"
but that wasn't true. The lease was in my name, and I was the only one paying.

These two told Occupy volunteers they had paid me the rent money and I had absconded with it.
That was not true, but people believed them and didn't believe me.

So they took advantage of me, Gladys House and basically the women volunteers with Occupy
who did understand the financial and legal status, and we lost so much time and money
we basically lost the window of opportunity we had to save the last 10 rowhouses.

Later, everyone blamed me, of course, for working with Occupy.
Gladys initially blamed me for losing thousands of dollars going to court to get rid of these
people who backstabbed both of us, and tried to finagle her property away, claiming it wasn't under her name,
but she had all the documentation.

But once she saw I had been victimized, too, she quit blaming me and forgave that
part and held the men responsible for acting like boys and babies and bullies.

My friend D3 blamed me and has kept holding that over my head, over and over.
So when I tried to bring in volunteers to fix the problem, he went against them and me
and accused and assumed they were criminals when these were legitimate volunteers.
So he victimized us further, not realizing he was punishing the wrong people.

So because Occupy volunteers never took responsibility, that got dumped on me, too.
All the problems caused from trying to work with them to set up sustainable plans
blew up in my face, and I ended up with even more burdens and debts than I had going into it.

The good volunteers got chased off, and the bad ones blamed me and threatened all kinds of things.

So I got blamed on all sides, and had to take time out just to recover from all that.

I couldn't help but notice the people who took responsibility
as sensible and focused on solutions were the women volunteers
and two of the men who are Muslims in the peace and justice community.

The people most used to being blamed for abuses of others were most sympathetic
and didn't participate in the game of blaming the victim. They wanted to invest in solutions
while too many of the others just wanted to play politics and being in charge but not doing the work.

Learned the hard way. This is why the good volunteers ran away, because they couldn't stand the abuse either.

Forum List

Back