Anger

All Americans should be angered. We were lied to and decieved.

For or against requiring individuals to purchase a product from a corporation or face a tax, it should anger everyone that we were lied to and told it wasn't a tax.

Obama flat out lied to everyone by saying it wasn't a tax.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HymUU7OADbU]Romney: "It's not a tax hike. It is a fee, an assessment." - YouTube[/ame]

Is that supposed to be a gotcha?

Its a logical fallacy.

What Romney said does not change the fact that Obama lied.

Naw.

What it is, is an exercise in Semantics.

The Republicans pretty much showed their hand. People wanted something done with healthcare..Democrats said they would do something..and Republicans offered up a solution. Problem was..they were never serious about it..until Romney actually USED the idea and got it to work.

Fast foward to 2008, when one of the major campaign issues was health care. Bush had implemented a band aid for seniors but it wasn't enough. Costs were going through the roof and outcomes were lousy. People, through no fault of their own, other then getting sick, were losing coverage. Obama wanted to implement a government option, but was convinced from the opposition party that RomneyCare was the way to go. Heck..Romney even advocated for it.

But Republicans, again, weren't actually serious. They thought Obama would never get it through and it would wreck his administration. Lo and behold..it didn't. So they went on overdrive, spending time and money to overturn it. This, again, had nothing to do with policy and everything to do with wrecking their opposition.

And again..they failed.

But it isn't for lack of trying. And they continue. So while there is still high unemployment in this country, while there are still terrorists lurking about wishing to do the country harm, and while there are still many economic "gotchas" waiting in the wings, Republicans remain committed to one thing..and only one thing.

Wrecking Obama's administration.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

For or against requiring individuals to purchase a product from a corporation or face a tax, it should anger everyone that we were lied to and told it wasn't a tax.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HymUU7OADbU]Romney: "It's not a tax hike. It is a fee, an assessment." - YouTube[/ame]

Well, according to the White House Romney was more right than the Supreme Court was, so we're back to Obamacare being unconstitutional. That's the direction you want to take this?

Massachusetts did what they had the right to do.

Obama and Democrats in Congress performed a bait and switch to pass through what the federal government did not have a right to do, and what - even if you argue they had a right - the majority of America did not want them to do. They had to play a parliamentary trick to overcome the national resistance which was so strong that it resulted in a Democrat being elected from Massachusetts to fill Kennedy's seat. Obama didn't give a damn what America wanted - all that mattered was that he get his name in the history books on a healthcare legislation no matter what form the legislation took, no matter how many lies he had to tell, no matter how many promises he had to break, and no matter how much damage he did to the economy on the way.

Obama is up there in the top 2% of most disingenuous players in American politics.

Every conservative or otherwise who believed the mandate was unconstitutional then must have believed themselves that it isn't a tax,

either that or they don't understand the Congress's constitutional power of taxation.

I'm pretty sure most Americans were uncertain of Congress' constitutional power of taxation. Otherwise this wouldn't have gone to a 5-4 Supreme Court decision. Because that was the debate.

Obama lied. Repeatedly. To you, me and every American.

So all those people who are claiming that the court got it wrong are now denying that it's a tax? ...and in effect, conceding that Obama did not lie?

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Its a logical fallacy.

Naw.

What it is, swallow, is a weak attempt at a Liberal Lie.

Romney was not even talking about the 'mandate.'

But truth matters not to you people.

Listen SniperFag, you ignorant sex starved homosexual...you can't have a swallow.

Why don't you go back to the gasoline station bathroom you just came from..get back down on your knees..and wait by the glory hole.

I mean..that should be easier then typing on the sticky keyboard you are using to troll for gay sex..

Fuckface.

Its a logical fallacy.

That is not a fallacy in a politics discussion, because it establishes that Obama's opponent has no more credibility on this specific issue than does Obama.

Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas, in their dissent, insist that the mandate penalty is NOT a tax.

Are they lying too? They agree with Obama.

Naw.

What it is, swallow, is a weak attempt at a Liberal Lie.

Romney was not even talking about the 'mandate.'

But truth matters not to you people.

Listen SniperFag, you ignorant sex starved homosexual...you can't have a swallow.

Why don't you go back to the gasoline station bathroom you just came from..get back down on your knees..and wait by the glory hole.

I mean..that should be easier then typing on the sticky keyboard you are using to troll for gay sex..

Fuckface.

:eusa_clap:

Great Meltdown.

Every conservative or otherwise who believed the mandate was unconstitutional then must have believed themselves that it isn't a tax,

either that or they don't understand the Congress's constitutional power of taxation.

I'm pretty sure most Americans were uncertain of Congress' constitutional power of taxation. Otherwise this wouldn't have gone to a 5-4 Supreme Court decision. Because that was the debate.

Obama lied. Repeatedly. To you, me and every American.

By that reasoning you have completely exonerated Obama from the accusation that he lied.

You yourself are pointing out that the issue of whether it was a tax was/is in such dispute and so arguable down to a 1 vote decision on the Supreme Court,

that it could be known as a fact to Obama that the mandate imposes a tax.

He was no more lying when he expressed his opinion that it wasn't a tax than Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas are lying when they express in the dissent their opinioni that it isn't a tax.

You of logic can't deny that.

Well, according to the White House Romney was more right than the Supreme Court was, so we're back to Obamacare being unconstitutional. That's the direction you want to take this?

Obama and Democrats in Congress performed a bait and switch to pass through what the federal government did not have a right to do, and what - even if you argue they had a right - the majority of America did not want them to do. They had to play a parliamentary trick to overcome the national resistance which was so strong that it resulted in a Democrat being elected from Massachusetts to fill Kennedy's seat. Obama didn't give a damn what America wanted - all that mattered was that he get his name in the history books on a healthcare legislation no matter what form the legislation took, no matter how many lies he had to tell, no matter how many promises he had to break, and no matter how much damage he did to the economy on the way.

Obama is up there in the top 2% of most disingenuous players in American politics.

Obama didn't lie. An opinion is not a lie.

Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas, in their dissent, insist that the mandate penalty is NOT a tax.

Got it. Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, Thomas and the White House are all correct: Obamacare is not constitutional.

Thank you for admitting that.

Obama didn't lie. An opinion is not a lie.

Got it. Obama's slimy opinions are not lies. Obama saying he was a single payer supporter was not a lie. Obama saying he never said he was a single payer supporter was not a lie. Obama saying a mandate would be wrong was not a lie. Obama saying the mandate was right was not a lie. Obama saying the mandate was not a tax was not a lie. Obama sending his lawyers in to argue that the mandate was a tax was not a lie. Obama is not a liar. Those are all opinions.

Obama is just an untrustworthy slimeball with opinions made of worm excrement.

Got it. Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, Thomas and the White House are all correct: Obamacare is not constitutional.

I asked you if they were lying too. Your answer is no, therefore you're admitting that Obama did not lie,

and that your original accusation was bullshit.

I asked you if they were lying too. Your answer is no, therefore you're admitting that Obama did not lie,

He either lied when he said it wasn't a tax or he lied when he said it was.

Roberts protected the country from virtual civil war but Obama lied him into the position of needing to do that.

Oh that's right ... they're not lies, they're Obama's opinions - his mutually exclusive opinions. I forgot for a second.

Roberts protected the country from virtual civil war but Obama lied him into the position of needing to do that.

Oh that's right ... they're not lies, they're Obama's opinions - his mutually exclusive opinions. I forgot for a second.

What do you get from acting stupid? I never understand that when I see it on this board.

The question for you is:

Did Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas LIE when they expressed their opinion that the mandate is NOT a tax?

What do you get from acting stupid? I never understand that when I see it on this board.

The question for you is:

Did Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, and Thomas LIE when they expressed their opinion that the mandate is NOT a tax?

No, they didn't lie. They gave their opinion.

Obama tried to play both sides. He said it wasn't a tax. He said it was. Depending on what was expedient for his ends.

But keep trying to cover for his profound disingenuousness. It's so becoming on you.

The question for you is:

No, they didn't lie. They gave their opinion.

Obama tried to play both sides. He said it wasn't a tax. He said it was. Depending on what was expedient for his ends.

But keep trying to cover for his profound disingenuousness. It's so becoming on you.

Are you admitting that Obama did not lie and you were full of shit for saying so? Or are you doing the USMB wingnut thing,

never admit you were wrong....

Forum List

Back