Anger

I will put you down as being on record that you believe a state can force you to buy health insurance then.

Yup. Or penalize you if you don't, unless you have an approved excuse not to.

Sure nuff, put me down for that. States have rights the federal government doesn't have. Says so right there in the Constitution.

My city can force me to wear clothes when I go outside, or penalize me if I don't. Their right. Whether I like it or not.

Yup. I admit it. I'm on record.

States don't have the right to pass laws that violate the Constitution, or violate your protected rights under the Constitution.
But obamaturd does right?

States don't have the right to pass laws that violate the Constitution, or violate your protected rights under the Constitution.

That's a nice truism apropos of nothing in this discussion.

It has everything to do with this discussion. If the federal government can't force you to buy private insurance because it's an unconstitutional violation of your rights, it's not a state's perogative to force you to buy private insurance, because it's still an unconstitutional violation of your rights.

No.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

It has everything to do with this discussion. If the federal government can't force you to buy private insurance because it's an unconstitutional violation of your rights, it's not a state's perogative to force you to buy private insurance, because it's still an unconstitutional violation of your rights.

Gov't body wants to do A.

Can the federal gov't do A? Does the U.S. Constitution say it can? No. Then no, it can't.

Can a state gov't do A? Does the U.S. Constitution say it can't? No. Then yes, it can, supposing that the state's constitution and state's citizens allow it.

The U.S. Constitution provides a completely opposite test for what the federal gov't and a state gov't can do.

Last edited:
On the one hand I hope that the anger I am feeling for Obama and Democrats will pass "soonish" because it doesn't feel good.

On the other hand, I hope that enough people feel it strongly enough to get to the polls in November and stop Obama from doing any more damage.
While I believe Obama is a major improvement over George W. Bush, which isn't saying much, and I'm glad he won over McCain, I regard him as a major disappointment in some very important areas. But I think his effort in achieving this health insurance victory was a good and decent thing because it simply isn't right that any citizen of this Nation should be deprived of necessary medical attention.

As for the cost we must consider that sick people eventually will obtain medical treatment whether they have insurance or not. Consequently the cost of treating the uninsured is factored into the cost borne by the insured in the form of their insurers being billed $10 for an aspirin tablet dispensed in a hospital. The insurers pass on this cost burden in the form of exorbitant insurance rates.

In the end, eliminating the uninsured should significantly lower the cost of that aspirin tablet, which in turn should lower the presently exorbitant cost of medical insurance.

On the one hand I hope that the anger I am feeling for Obama and Democrats will pass "soonish" because it doesn't feel good.

On the other hand, I hope that enough people feel it strongly enough to get to the polls in November and stop Obama from doing any more damage.
And if people get to the polls and reelect Obama, does that mean Obama will have a mandate to do whatever?

I guess it could mean that, just like republicans seem to think if romney is elected it would be a mandate to follow the 'republican way'?

In other words, you want to return to the bliss that got us in this mess? Why are we $15 trillion in debt with programs that are scams? I hope people get mad as hell and stay mad as hell and we need heads to roll and we need to return to sanity.

To what damage are you referring?

They have no idea. The entire Right in America is in a collective state of insanity. Nothing is going their way.

What part of 2010 we kicked liberal ass and took the House didn't you get?

What part of Scott Walker's massive win over unions didn't you get?

What part of Chief Justice Roberts just gave us Christmas by labelling Obamacare a tax don't you get?

Now we get to campaign not against bogus healthcare reform but against a tax.

:D

Life is good.

The president hasn’t done any ‘damage.’ To say so is subjective, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Your animosity toward Obama is the consequence of your being a blind partisan.

The majority of voters don’t share this view, this in conjunction with the GOP’s failure to provide a viable alternative will result in the president’s reelection.

Obama won the election the day the Supreme Court declared the ACA, constitutional.

You can quote me on that.

Can the federal gov't do A? Does the U.S. Constitution say it can? No. Then no, it can't.

Can a state gov't do A? Does the U.S. Constitution say it can't? No. Then yes, it can, supposing that the state's constitution and state's citizens allow it.

The U.S. Constitution provides a completely opposite test for what the federal gov't and a state gov't can do.

That's an overly simplistic view of states rights..and one that's incorrect.

As Heller and Montana have shown..

Nothing you said has any bearing on what I said. Learn to read for god's sake.

They have no idea. The entire Right in America is in a collective state of insanity. Nothing is going their way.

What part of Chief Justice Roberts just gave us Christmas by labelling Obamacare a tax don't you get?

The GOP lost in Wisconsin, lost on immigration in AZ, lost on immigration with Obama's executive decision, lost on the healthcare bill, and is losing and looking like fools on Fast and Furious.

No.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Which does not apply.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

I recommend that you not be gullible enough to believe all the crap written about the 10th amendment by the rightwing nuts.

While I believe Obama is a major improvement over George W. Bush, which isn't saying much, and I'm glad he won over McCain, I regard him as a major disappointment in some very important areas. But I think his effort in achieving this health insurance victory was a good and decent thing because it simply isn't right that any citizen of this Nation should be deprived of necessary medical attention.

As for the cost we must consider that sick people eventually will obtain medical treatment whether they have insurance or not. Consequently the cost of treating the uninsured is factored into the cost borne by the insured in the form of their insurers being billed $10 for an aspirin tablet dispensed in a hospital. The insurers pass on this cost burden in the form of exorbitant insurance rates.

In the end, eliminating the uninsured should significantly lower the cost of that aspirin tablet, which in turn should lower the presently exorbitant cost of medical insurance.

Your heart seems to be in the right place, but sadly you seem very uninformed about health care. Please study Switzerland and France (both two tier) and both of those countries models are streamlined, efficient and give the taxpayer the biggest bang for the buck.

Obamacare as it is written now is a dog's breakfast. It won't work while taking over 1/5 of the US ecomony.

Think of the US Post Office. Now put the same type of people in charge of your life.

I don't get a warm and fuzzy here. I've dealt with the Canuck system for years. National healthcare doesn't work. It's seriously broken and we're finally, finally looking at going two tier like France and Switzerland.

Only bright side is that Britain is way worse than us. :D

The GOP lost in Wisconsin, lost on immigration in AZ, lost on immigration with Obama's executive decision, lost on the healthcare bill, and is losing and looking like fools on Fast and Furious.

Galloway resigned. No big smurf. Millions upon millions of dollars, let alone the time and effort by left wing maniacs attempting to unseat Walker were lost.

I'm not playing sides here. Just telling the truth. And you know it. Arizona took on a losing issue against the feds attempting to make state law when federal law (albeit never applied) rules.

Healthcare bill. Are you kidding? It's a huge win because Obamacare is now deemed a tax.

Fast and Furious. Oh that's not going away. The Terry's have a huge lawsuit. This is going to dog Obama and Holder till election day and beyond.

I've already been working on some anglo boards in Mexico. I intend to go into high gear next week to absolutely make all hell break loose over Fast and Furious.

Why don't you lefties get that F&F guns that walked killed Mexicans too? Not just Terry, not just Zapata, over 200 Mexicans were slain by these guns.

Collateral damage just because you wanted to change gun laws. And don't tell me differently.

CBS has the emails that prove this is what F&F was all about. CBS.

Right wingers have this bizarre mental condition where they look at improvements as doing damage, and ruining the nation as a good thing.

If I may ask the obvious question, what improvements? 8 percent unemployment for 23 months? Because of that record extending unemployment benefits for 2 years? When in fact unemployment benefits were suppose to be paid by a person working then getting laid off. Or let us not forget the crushing debt laid upon our grandchildren for no obvious benefit. Obamacare? The biggest tax increase in history? We have to wait to see if Obamacare with all its goodies can sustain itself. The middle east being in flames with the Arab spring (hard to blame the Arab Spring on Obama but we did support the uprising with unconstitutional use of force) The longest and weakest recovery in US history? The best I have heard is that it would be far worse unless Obama would have put our grandchildren into debt. Kinda like saying that the accident would have been worse had the driver not slammed the accelerator to the floor.

Sorry my friend I am just not seeing it. Then again that might just be because I am not on welfare, unemployment, disability and work a lot of hours. Some of my liberal friends think me crazy working as hard and as long as I do, I think they are calling me a the ant. But now it seems it won't matter the playing field will be leveled by taking what I have worked for my entire life. Maybe not, I hope I am just reading the tea leafs incorrectly.

Nothing you said has any bearing on what I said. Learn to read for god's sake.

*sigh*

Just because it is an unconstitutional violation of your rights for the federal gov't do something, doesn't mean it's an unconstitutional violation of your rights for the state gov't to do it. The violation can be WHEN the federal gov't tries to take the authority which belongs to the state and to the people.

Having shown the flaw in your claim in the simplest possible terms I could conjure, I throw in the towel.

All I can say now is that it's lucky for the rest of us that you're not in charge of decisions affecting whether or not the 10th amendment still has any weight in the Constitution.

Ta.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back