Angels & Demons

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Pretty damn awesome if you ask me. I'm not really sure what the church was so upset about.

Pretty damn awesome if you ask me. I'm not really sure what the church was so upset about.

Meh, who really cares?

I'll be seeing it sometime next week

The church apparently cares, which prompted me to wonder "why".

It wasn't like Da Vinci, where there was a story told of an alternate explanation of christianity's origins itself, that could be construed as tampering with typical christian beliefs.

While I wouldn't agree with it, I could see why the church would want to silence that. As far as A&D, it was nothing of the sort, but yet the church considered boycotting it.

Just seemed strange to me, that's all. But then again, what ISN'T strange about the Roman Catholic church :rolleyes:

Meh, who really cares?

It wasn't like Da Vinci, where there was a story told of an alternate explanation of christianity's origins itself, that could be construed as tampering with typical christian beliefs.

While I wouldn't agree with it, I could see why the church would want to silence that. As far as A&D, it was nothing of the sort, but yet the church considered boycotting it.

Just seemed strange to me, that's all. But then again, what ISN'T strange about the Roman Catholic church :rolleyes:

I have not watched A & D but I read and saw The daVinci Code mostly because of the controversy with the church. They said don't see it... so I wanted to see it.

I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading A & D.

Immie

Meh, who really cares?

I have not watched A & D but I read and saw The daVinci Code mostly because of the controversy with the church. They said don't see it... so I wanted to see it.

Immie

Lol, the dumbest thing any organization could do is to tell people not to read a book or watch a movie/show that may stir up controversy within said organization.

It always has the opposite effect.

Immie

Lol, the dumbest thing any organization could do is to tell people not to read a book or watch a movie/show that may stir up controversy within said organization.

Purtty much ... it's the only reason I saw Da Vinci Code ... even though I thought the movie was flat it was okay. I would see A&D but after Da Vinci Code I don't expect much.

I thought it worked really well as a movie, and it really wasn't too far removed from how I had imagined it when I read the book some years ago. I'd go as far as to say it worked much better than The DaVinci Code, but then this book just lent itself a bit more to the cinematic experience. It was exciting and well executed and all that. Only the twist was a bit less good than how I remembered it from the book, you know, it just didn't really quite get me as much, but then again I already knew the ending and everything [though I had kinda forgotten how it all was supposed to happen].

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7/10.

The Angels and Demons, dear Brutus, lies not in our churches or our houses of sin, but in ourselves.

Immie

Well this may make me a conspiracy theorist, but I think Dan Brown and the Church worked out some kind of a deal on the proceeds from the movie and the book. I mean come on... the movie and book did very well because of the church's position. Many people who read/saw it would not have bothered had the church not made such a big deal out of it.

Immie

Forum List

Back