Andy Stern Named to Obama's Deficit Commission....

Murf76

Nov 11, 2008
From the 'Are you fucking kidding me?!' file....

The president also appointed Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, and former Young & Rubicam Brands CEO Ann Fudge for the panel, to serve on the panel.

“I am proud that these distinguished individuals have agreed to work to build a bipartisan consensus to put America on the path toward fiscal reform and responsibility,” Obama said in a statement announcing the appointments. “I know they’ll take up their work with the sense of integrity and strength of commitment that the American people deserve.”

(more...)

Cote, Rivlin, Stern, Fudge Named to Deficit Commission by Obama - BusinessWeek

This guy just doesn't learn. I'll be surprised if he's not the first president ever impeached on the basis of Rank Stupidity. :rolleyes:

Andy Stern CLEARLY has a conflict of interest due to his relationship with the SEIU, which represents many government workers and would influence him NOT to allow cuts to that sector.

Honestly, I sometimes think Obama does this sort of thing deliberately to piss people off. He's either the worst Democrat in the history of the country... or the BEST REPUBLICAN EVER!!! :lol:
It'll be decades before Dems can rebuild trust with the American people.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
From the 'Are you fucking kidding me?!' file....

The president also appointed Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, and former Young & Rubicam Brands CEO Ann Fudge for the panel, to serve on the panel.

“I am proud that these distinguished individuals have agreed to work to build a bipartisan consensus to put America on the path toward fiscal reform and responsibility,” Obama said in a statement announcing the appointments. “I know they’ll take up their work with the sense of integrity and strength of commitment that the American people deserve.”

(more...)

Cote, Rivlin, Stern, Fudge Named to Deficit Commission by Obama - BusinessWeek

This guy just doesn't learn. I'll be surprised if he's not the first president ever impeached on the basis of Rank Stupidity. :rolleyes:

Andy Stern CLEARLY has a conflict of interest due to his relationship with the SEIU, which represents many government workers and would influence him NOT to allow cuts to that sector.

Honestly, I sometimes think Obama does this sort of thing deliberately to piss people off. He's either the worst Democrat in the history of the country... or the BEST REPUBLICAN EVER!!! :lol:
It'll be decades before Dems can rebuild trust with the American people.

Based on that rationale, no one should serve on this particular panel.

Cote, 57, a graduate of the University of New Hampshire in Durham, has been chairman and CEO of Honeywell since 2002. He was named by administration officials as one of four CEOs who Obama most admires, and he was one of 17 executives who dined with Obama and other administration officials at the White House Feb. 23.

He might not be willing to do anything that might hurt Honeywell.

Rivlin, 78, a former director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, currently serves as a senior fellow in the Economic Studies Program at the Brookings Institution in Washington and is a visiting professor at Georgetown University. The founding director of the Congressional Budget Office, Rivlin graduated from Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania and received her Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

He might not be willing to do anything that hurst the Brookins Institute.

Fudge, 58, was CEO of Young & Rubicam Brands from 2003 to 2006 and served on the boards of the Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. She graduated from Simmons College in Boston and the Harvard Business School. She was a member of Obama’s campaign finance committee and donated more than $36,000 to Democrats in 2008, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

He might not be willing to do anything that might hurt the Microsoft.

Last edited:
The appointment of Andy Stern to a position on Obama's staff was predicted some weeks ago. While the lefty's denied it, because of who predicted it, once again that man has been proven to know what he is talking about.
Care to guess who predicted this?

“I know they’ll take up their work with the sense of integrity and strength of commitment that the American people deserve

Does that mean Barack Obama doesn't believe we deserve better than... Andy Stern?:ack-1:

The appointment of Andy Stern to a position on Obama's staff was predicted some weeks ago. While the lefty's denied it, because of who predicted it, once again that man has been proven to know what he is talking about.

Do tell. My curiosity has been peaked.

Exactly. :)

We ELECT certain people to "make recommendations" on controlling our deficit.

Interesting that here in Tennessee our legislature just overrode the governor's veto on legislation that provides that a politician appointed board can't set policy mandates. Perhaps someday it will make it's way up the federal chain.

Exactly. :)

We ELECT certain people to "make recommendations" on controlling our deficit.

I agree that we do. But they don't seem to be up to the task. So, since we, the people, have proven over and over again that we're unwilling to 'throw the bums out', what do we do. And if you're the POTUS, what do you do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzG0xpkjWrA]YouTube - Meet President Obama's Most Frequent Visitor ANDY STERN SEIU THUG COMMUNIST FAN[/ame]

Do tell. My curiosity has been peaked.

Glenn Beck?

BINGO! Yep, that crazy nutjob Glenn beck predicted it, and was called crazy the next day by the all-knowing and reasonable Ed Shultz.

I agree that we do. But they don't seem to be up to the task. So, since we, the people, have proven over and over again that we're unwilling to 'throw the bums out', what do we do. And if you're the POTUS, what do you do?

Zoom-boing posted us a great article from Tom Coburn earlier.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/107072-who-says-bi-partisanship-is-dead.html#post2044951

And he's right... this is in OUR hands. But we've got to step up to the plate, let go of our partisan blinders, and FIRE the irresponsible Congresspersons who will not take their job seriously.

I'm a Republican. I make no bones about that. But it doesn't mean that I'm willing to check my ethics at the door over it. We need to encourage primary elections and make these incumbents, regardless of party, accountable to the people . That way, we're not always stuck in "the better of two bad choice" mode.

Both Democrats.. AND... Republicans who refuse to take this deficit seriously... need to be shown the door. They're not doing the job we elected them to do at that point.

My guess is Glenn Beck. Final answer.

Interesting that here in Tennessee our legislature just overrode the governor's veto on legislation that provides that a politician appointed board can't set policy mandates. Perhaps someday it will make it's way up the federal chain.

Good for them. 'Bout time some of these states started standing up and doing their job.

FYI, just so you know, that nutjob Glenn Beck is also predicting;
card check as national law
financial collapse (in the same manner as neubarth has been predicting, see his posts)
Civil unrest as a result of the financial collapse
Fairness doctrine as national law
persecution of political opposition to the president, aka FDR

While I am not hoping for these things to happen, it would appear that Glenn isn't the nutjob he has been made out to be after all. The personal attacks and the hateful rethoric towards him from the left appear at this point to be a concerted effort to shut him up.

My guess is Glenn Beck. Final answer.

yes, see my above post, i did answer, he said it and the next day ed shultz called him a crazy nutjob.

Damn. Glenn's got good sources. :clap2:
I bet that's making a few Washington insiders nervous.

Forum List

Back