Androgynous behavior is ancient pagan habit

PetriFB

Aug 22, 2011
Androgynous phenomenon has increased significantly in the present time. What are the things behind androgynous behaviour? What are the things that cause androgynous behaviour? In this writing I try to give answers to questions mentioned above. The purpose of my writing is not to provoke or agitate anyone against androgynous people or someone else, but study the background and a phenomenon called androgyny. I am studying in my writing androgyny at the present time, historical roots of androgyny and androgyny in the light of the Bible.

The whole article is here: Androgyne androgynous androgyny male female third gender

The obsession with sex among religious people is fascinating. It must go to some fundamental place where who we are matters. The Bible mentions more about tribe, family and caring for each other. Reproduction is about biological life, evolution in other words. Androgyny or the awareness of it is only because we live in times in which people are able to freely accept who they are. At least more so than in the past. This is probably a good thing for them, but it sure confuses others. Showtime has a series on transgender people that is interesting.

Standing up to the left s denial if reality re transgender US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Standing up to the left s denial if reality re transgender US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"In the early chapters of this book I attempted to show that the eighteenth- and nineteenth-century God-is-smart tradition is fallacious. Now I plan an attack on what I'll call the God-is-good tradition.

Perhaps I should take a moment to deal with what I mean by God. I am not an atheist flaunting a caricature to offend people's religious sensitivities. In any theological discussion, I prefer to define atheism out of existence. Whatever entity or complex of entities is responsible for the universe being as we find it rather than some other way or not there at all, can be called God.

With God the Creator so defined, we can proceed to characterize and evaluate Him using the one source of evidence we have: His creation. On that basis I argued, in the first two chapters, that, contrary to the claims of Paley and others of the natural theology school, there is no evidence that God has any engineering expertise. Their arguments failed to recognize that functional design can arise not just from intelligent planning but also from blind trial and error. They failed to recognize that the apparently purposive structures and activities of living organisms are just what we would expect from trial-and-error production. Organisms show the expected stupid mistakes, the dysfunctional design features, that arise when understanding and planning are entirely absent.

The God-is-good idea is also a common supposition, but it cannot possibly be valid if natural selection underlies all functional design. The only thing that anything in nature is designed to accomplish is its own success. Whatever is having greater success now, by whatever means, will have its characteristics more abundantly represented in the future. This is the only kind of reward offered in God's creation. The moral unacceptability of natural selection is not just a conclusion to be asserted or accepted, but one to be thought about. The British literary giant George Bernard Shaw thought about it, and responded with: "when its whole significance dawns on you, your heart sinks into a heap of sand within you. There is a hideous fatalism about it, a ghastly and damnable reduction of beauty and intelligence, of strength and purpose, of honor and aspiration." Shaw's condemnation of natural selection is justified, but the outlook may not be as pessimistic as he seemed to believe. He did not appreciate that, although the biological creation process is indeed evil, it is also abysmally stupid. We can have some hope that our intelligent efforts to circumvent the evil can triumph over so unreasoning an enemy. We can hope, with Thomas Huxley, that "[in virtue of his intelligence, the dwarf bends the Titan to his will," or in Richard Dawkins's words, that we can successfully rebel "against the tyranny of the selfish replicators."

With what other than condemnation is a person with any moral sense supposed to respond to a system in which the ultimate purpose in life is to be better than your neighbor at getting genes into future generations, in which those successful genes provide the message that instructs the development of the next generation, in which that message is always "exploit your environment, including your friends and relatives, so as to maximize our (genes') success," in which the closest thing to a golden rule is "don't cheat, unless it is likely to provide a net benefit"?"

pps 152 153, 'The Pony Fish's Glow: And Other Clues To Plan And Purpose In Nature' George C. Williams

"...it is widely recognized that sexual reproduction helps to keep a population going. Sexual reproduction is a complicated process that is occasionally lost, thereby simplifying the reproductive process. As a general rule, though, in both plants and animals, once a line of descent loses the sexual process, nothing new ever comes of it. It won't branch into several new species the way a sexual species might. So asexual reproduction exclusively in any line of descent appears to be a dead end. If there has ever been a mammal that reproduced asexually, it is not around any more and has no descendants." George C. Williams

"Animals of many kinds are social; we find even distinct species living together; for example, some American monkeys; and united flocks of rooks, jackdaws and starlings...The most common mutual service in the higher animals is to warn one another of danger by the united senses of all... Social animals perform many little services for each other; horses nibble and cows lick each other for external parasites....Animals also render more important services to one another; thus wolves and some other beasts of prey hunt in packs, and aid one another in attacking their victims. Pelicans fish in concert. The Hamadryas baboons turn over stones to find insects, etc.; and when they come to a large one, as many as can stand around, turn it over together and share the booty. Social animals mutually defend each other. Bull bisons in North America, when there is danger, drive the cows and calves into the middle of the herd, while they defend the outside...." Charles Darwin

Androgynous phenomenon has increased significantly in the present time. What are the things behind androgynous behaviour? What are the things that cause androgynous behaviour? In this writing I try to give answers to questions mentioned above. The purpose of my writing is not to provoke or agitate anyone against androgynous people or someone else, but study the background and a phenomenon called androgyny. I am studying in my writing androgyny at the present time, historical roots of androgyny and androgyny in the light of the Bible.

The whole article is here: Androgyne androgynous androgyny male female third gender

Interesting opinion and well-researched. I disagree with your thesis, but whatever. However, a couple corrections I would suggest.

- You quote 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and afterward write, "The Spirit of God spoke, through the apostle Paul, saying....". First, note the use of commas I added but more to the point scholarship is nearly unanimous that the Pastoral Epistles (1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus) were not written by Paul, but are pseudepigraphic.

- Your interpretation of the Great Whore of Babylon is in error. It doesn't have anything to do with ancient Babylon's religion. The whore is a caricature of a Roman coin that had the goddess Roma on it. Note the image below and cross-reference with the description given by John of Patmos:

9.htm4.jpg

The depiction of Roma represents how Romans thought of themselves. Note, for example, the sword pointing down symbolizing military power but only if they must use it. John of Patmos is making fun of that and saying "Rome is not a beautiful woman, Rome is a fat pig of a whore". The reason why the name Babylon is used is because, in antiquity, Babylon was a generic term for an oppressive state. Similar to how today the word "Q-Tip" is used by society to refer to any kind of cotton swab even though it's a specific brand name.

- You mention that the Bible tells us that from the beginning Satan performed a certain role as the opposite of God. Not exactly. Satan was a concept in Judaism that developed over time. He didn't show up until the book of Job and even then he was more of an adviser to God than his evil counterpart. What people did was to assign negative forces to Satan after his conceptual development. In other words, people think the serpent in the Garden of Eden was Satan. The author didn't say that, later man said that. The idea of Satan had not even been created when Genesis was written. Further, his role as the evil counterpart to God developed over time as well. It was not until the last few books of the Old Testament were written and the New Testament that the concept of Satan fully emerged culminating in his most graphic depiction in Revelation as the dragon.

But...interesting article nonetheless. Like, I said...I disagree with your overall thesis, but...well....there it is

Last edited:
I posted a while ago how many in ancient times engaged in butt secs for fun and had sex with women just to procreate.

But every new generation thinks that what they are experiencing is something new and unheard of

I do perceive YHWH as neither male nor female.

YHWH is a deity that I cannot give Form to... all other deities in my pantheon, I can create Thoughtforms to act as vessels for those forces Above and Below, but YHWH... it's all just blackness with bright, vivid flashes of Light... impossible to give Form to.

YHWH is a deity that I cannot give Form to... all other deities in my pantheon, I can create Thoughtforms to act as vessels for those forces Above and Below, but YHWH... it's all just blackness with bright, vivid flashes of Light... impossible to give Form to.

As do Jews. God is refered to both as male and female but isn't either not being a biological organism.

You have quite a few imaginary friends.

Forum List

Back