And this is why I am for capital punishment

Kathianne said:
Nope, I'm not going to argue Aquinas. I already stated that it's not in practice, at least around here. You are the one making claims that You must HATE your parents, but it's probably well earned, considering you are the result. We can all see how far you read, considering this was the opening of the site, which I already posted:

As for the powerpoint, it was once again, going on the Aquinas argument and saying why Catholic Church is just killing women and children.

Yeah and I'm the troll....you're getting pushed around here so you resort to personal attacks. That's cute.

Also I just looked over the power point presentation and there is nothing there that says anything about killing women and children or anything bashing the catholic church. They clearly outline what the doctrine of double effect is and give a medical example. It clearly states that you can not have a craniotomy performed. It violated church doctrine.

Now it's in your court. If you think this is bullshit then prove it. Don't just talk shit about me. Prove me wrong. Think you can do it?

Powerman said:
Yeah and I'm the troll....you're getting pushed around here so you resort to personal attacks. That's cute.
Yup, you are a troll. You're saying you 'win' or 'I'm being pushed around' doesn't make it so. In actuality, you have posted nothing of gravitas here, other than hoping that spouting Aquinas and an unnamed prof at LSU would stand in for it. You are wrong.

Kathianne said:
Yup, you are a troll. You're saying you 'win' or 'I'm being pushed around' doesn't make it so. In actuality, you have posted nothing of gravitas here, other than hoping that spouting Aquinas and an unnamed prof at LSU would stand in for it. You are wrong.

His name is Dr. James Taylor. I'm not sure if he still teaches at LSU. Let me do some research on that.

Not to be confused with the song writer. I've yet to see you prove me wrong here. You claim I'm wrong. Yet you offer no proof. Come on. Do it.

Powerman said:
His name is Dr. James Taylor. I'm not sure if he still teaches at LSU. Let me do some research on that.

Not to be confused with the song writer. I've yet to see you prove me wrong here. You claim I'm wrong. Yet you offer no proof. Come on. Do it.

At this point nopowerman, I really care less about your prof. I thought I made it clear, I'm not going beyond the $12 google mini-abstract offer. I am not going to jump through your hoops, based on your own strawman arguments. You are a troll and I don't feed them. Done with this.

Kathianne said:
And you are jumping in here with what? You are moderator of all discussions now? I guess Mr. P's compliment has gone to your head. At least PM stays with the discussion and doesn't flit here and there.
Sorry Kath, I was agreeing with you... my post sounds like I'm chiding you though, which I most certainly was not, the "you" was meant to be Powerman. :beer:

Kathianne said:
At this point nopowerman, I really care less about your prof. I thought I made it clear, I'm not going beyond the $12 google mini-abstract offer. I am not going to jump through your hoops, based on your own strawman arguments. You are a troll and I don't feed them. Done with this.

Such bullshit. You accuse me of giving false information and can not prove me wrong. I know the information isn't easy to find. But that is no excuse to stick by your allegations of me lying. You have offered no proof to the contrary.

The ClayTaurus said:
Sorry Kath, I was agreeing with you... my post sounds like I'm chiding you though, which I most certainly was not, the "you" was meant to be Powerman. :beer:

Does anyone else notice that it is Kathy who has decided to go to personal attacks? What have I done in this exchange that makes me a troll and her a rational person.

Powerman said:
Does anyone else notice that it is Kathy who has decided to go to personal attacks? What have I done in this exchange that makes me a troll and her a rational person.

Exception to the 'end.' I asked you for links to your declaratory sentence with an added admonishment. YOU then posted links to hate sites. I then called them out as hate sites. YOU then went off on strawman arguements based on Thomas Aquinas. I then challenged that Aquinas is NOT the be all and end all in Catholocism. You then said I had to refute. I demurred.

Nothing personal. I cannot help it that you are a troll. :trolls:

"YOU then posted links to hate sites"

Yeah the first one was an accident. The second was to a university course. It had nothing to do with hate. The power point presentation was for a college course. It said what I said. That you can not have a craniotomy performed in such an event because of the doctrine of double effect.

You say that Thomas isn't the be all or end all but THIS IS CHURCH DOCTRINE!

You seem to be ignoring that. This information seems to be difficult to come by but here is another source that backs me up.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ddstuhlman/crc78.htm

And you know this is scarce information because you have yet to find any info supporting your claim. So I would appreciate it if you would politely give me the benefit of a doubt here.

Powerman said:
Such bullshit. You accuse me of giving false information and can not prove me wrong. I know the information isn't easy to find. But that is no excuse to stick by your allegations of me lying. You have offered no proof to the contrary.

Just a few observations from a Catholic sitting in the peanut gallery:

Powerman, you seem to be strutting around because you've found some link relating to Catholic doctrine. Kathianne counters with points based on her personal experience.

A) Catholic doctrine can change.

B) I find your debating style distasteful. I've observed your work in several threads, and regard your twisting, parsing, and posturing to be shitty, disingenuous, and foolish.

C) I'd get up off Kathianne if I were you.

musicman said:
Just a few observations from a Catholic sitting in the peanut gallery:

Powerman, you seem to be strutting around because you've found some link relating to Catholic doctrine. Kathianne counters with points based on her personal experience.

A) Catholic doctrine can change.

B) I find your debating style distasteful. I've observed your work in several threads, and regard your twisting, parsing, and posturing to be shitty, disingenuous, and foolish.

C) I'd get up off Kathianne if I were you.

So her personal experience is more important than mine? She claims the remembers something she heard at the hospital and I'm going on what I heard from someone who sits on the ethics board of hospitals. I have offered proof of what the catholic doctrine is regarding the matter. It seems to be fairly difficult information to come accross that will actually give us what the actual hospitals policy is regarding the matter. However the only information we have come up with so far clearly supports what I have said. At best this is currently undecided. But it certainly isn't leaning towards her being right.

Powerman said:
So her personal experience is more important than mine? She claims the remembers something she heard at the hospital and I'm going on what I heard from someone who sits on the ethics board of hospitals. I have offered proof of what the catholic doctrine is regarding the matter. It seems to be fairly difficult information to come accross that will actually give us what the actual hospitals policy is regarding the matter. However the only information we have come up with so far clearly supports what I have said. At best this is currently undecided. But it certainly isn't leaning towards her being right.

Whatever, man. I still think you're behaving like a jerk.

Powerman said:

Excuse me, something I read and signed at the hospital. Your posts already reveal that you had to question your professor. Enough said.

Kathianne said:
Excuse me, something I read and signed at the hospital. Your posts already reveal that you had to question your professor. Enough said.

I haven't had to question him on anything. He knows what he is talking about. The problem is finding the information online so I can show it to you. Clearly fetal craniotomy violates Catholic Doctrine.

Here we have it. Craniotomy is considered direct abortion. More to support my claim.

http://www.catholic.net/rcc/Periodicals/Homiletic/July99/questions.html

Powerman said:

To be honest, it's been my experience that ALL diocese (SP) tend to march to their own drum, some being more orthodox than others. This I know to be fact.

Powerman said:
She calls me a liar and a troll and I'm the jerk? Fuck that

More than once, I've seen you play the old liberal game of hysterically distorting another's words in order to advance your point - quite recently, in fact. Would you like me to point it out? I don't know what they call that in college, but my unabashed dictionary defines it as "lying".

As for trolling, the dictionary definition of the term ought to be a photo of you.

Stop lying and trolling, and you might not hear it so much.

Said1 said:
To be honest, it's been my experience that ALL diocese (SP) tend to march to their own drum, some being more orthodox than others. This I know to be fact.

That is quite possible. Maybe not every diocese sticks to stict doctrine. According to my professor Georgetown hospital will not perform the craniotomy. But I think one thing is definitely clear. The doctrine itself says that fetal craniotomy is in fact not persmissible. What the actual hospitals say may be a different story.

Powerman said:
That is quite possible. Maybe not every diocese sticks to stict doctrine. According to my professor Georgetown hospital will not perform the craniotomy. But I think one thing is definitely clear. The doctrine itself says that fetal craniotomy is in fact not persmissible. What the actual hospitals say may be a different story.

So, you could conceivably be...what's the word - wr....

wr....

Come on - say it....

musicman said:
More than once, I've seen you play the old liberal game of hysterically distorting another's words in order to advance your point - quite recently, in fact. Would you like me to point it out? I don't know what they call that in college, but my unabashed dictionary defines it as "lying".

As for trolling, the dictionary definition of the term ought to be a photo of you.

Stop lying and trolling, and you might not hear it so much.

I'm not a liberal. I have never told any lies on this forum. You are just flaming and not contributing anything at this point.

Forum List

Back