And this is why I am for capital punishment

musicman said:
Their parents might have had to (gasp!) grow up!

Maybe you just don't understand. Some people in the United States really live on the edge of barbarism. Look at how the welfare pampered blacks acted post Katrina. Complete savages. Do you want these people having 7 kids each? I know I don't.

Powerman said:
Kathy I hate to tell you but I was right. Catholics will not allow craniotomies to be performed. Sorry.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ble+effect"+craniotomy&hl=en&client=firefox-a

http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/abortion.html

I'm currently looking for some more solid sources. This seems to be relatively difficult information to come accross though.

:laugh: and I'm dinging you. Both sites are rife with anti-Catholocism, might be a function of such an 'enlightened' education, here's the intro from the second site:
Closely related to its biblical and traditional hatred of women and sex is the position of the Roman Catholic Church on abortion and contraception. We will be looking at the issue of contraception later. In this section we will look at its opposition to abortion which has brought not just suffering but death to many Catholic and non-Catholic women.

Kathianne said:
I googled, this seems the most pertinent, but costs $12.00. I'm not that interested in proving your professor wrong, though you should be able to see that he probably is from even this bit of an abstract.

Well we can't see what is in between the dots there so I don't know if that really means anything. We have no clue what that article says. Acoording to the Doctrine of Double effect, which is a Catholic Doctrine crationomies are a big no no. Look it up or look at the info in the links I presented.

Oh dang, I can't right now, but I will.
and I'm dinging you.

You have now demonstrated you are at least as intolerant and hateful as those you purport to dislike.

Kathianne said:
:laugh: and I'm dinging you. Both sites are rife with anti-Catholocism, might be a function of such an 'enlightened' education, here's the intro from the second site:

Just because he/she is anti catholic it doesn't mean they are wrong on this issue. Looks like they provide decent sources for their information. You need to read up on the Doctrine of Double effect. I promise you I'm right on this one.

Powerman said:
Just because he/she is anti catholic it doesn't mean they are wrong on this issue. Looks like they provide decent sources for their information. You need to read up on the Doctrine of Double effect. I promise you I'm right on this one.

Sorry, but I've read the papers in the hospital, before giving birth. They were VERY explicit. Not to mention what I've posted from that pay for site. You and probably your professor, I would hate to say LSU are hateful and prejudiced.

Powerman said:
Maybe you just don't understand. Some people in the United States really live on the edge of barbarism. Look at how the welfare pampered blacks acted post Katrina. Complete savages. Do you want these people having 7 kids each? I know I don't.

Maybe YOU don't understand. Perhaps a better solution than government-sponsored infanticide would be the restoration of CONSEQUENCES to decisions such as having children.

Thinking persons always understood the spiritual fatality of the entitlement mindset, but it actually KILLED people in New Orleans. Maybe now, more Americans will understand...

Kathianne said:
Oh dang, I can't right now, but I will.

You have now demonstrated you are at least as intolerant and hateful as those you purport to dislike.

Why are you talking to yourself? Or did you mean to say something to me?

Kathianne said:
Sorry, but I've read the papers in the hospital, before giving birth. They were VERY explicit. Not to mention what I've posted from that pay for site. You and probably your professor, I would hate to say LSU are hateful and prejudiced.

OK now you're just being silly. There is no reason to say that my professor, me, or the University I attend are hateful and prejudiced. I've never heard such a baseless insult in all of my life. You still have not given any solid information to prove that I'm wrong. You are the one who accused me of giving false information. Since I presented the information it's in my court to find proof for it and I'll accept that responisbility and will happily laugh at you when I point out that you are dead wrong. But will you swallow your pride and apologise when I do?

Powerman said:
OK now you're just being silly. There is no reason to say that my professor, me, or the University I attend are hateful and prejudiced. I've never heard such a baseless insult in all of my life. You still have not given any solid information to prove that I'm wrong. You are the one who accused me of giving false information. Since I presented the information it's in my court to find proof for it and I'll accept that responisbility and will happily laugh at you when I point out that you are dead wrong. But will you swallow your pride and apologise when I do?

Nope, nor would I expect anyone to believe anything from a hate site that I posted. I don't accept it from those that hate blacks and Jews. I won't accept the links from those that obviously hate Catholics, which one would infer includes you, since you are the one that posted the link to the vile site.

Kathianne said:
Nope, nor would I expect anyone to believe anything from a hate site that I posted. I don't accept it from those that hate blacks and Jews. I won't accept the links from those that obviously hate Catholics, which one would infer includes you, since you are the one that posted the link to the vile site.

Oh please. My parents are catholic. I was looking for specific information and didn't have time to read the entire site. That's why I said I was looking for more solid information.

www.nottingham.ac.uk/predelli/Students/V7AAPE/lect4.ppt

Download the power point presentation. They usually don't teach fiction in college level courses.

Game. Set. Match.

Or are you going to claim that this university is anti Christian as well.

LuvRPgrl said:
This situation speaks to some of the failures of American social structure.

One element we need to strenghten is the extended family.

I can only imagine what drove this girl to do this. A child can be a very heavy burden for a single mother, let alone two for an 18 year old.

Why was the other child put into govt custody instead of extended family?
Why was this girl living alone?
Any bets on whether or not she was on welfare, and that the welfare benefits would be in jeopordy if she lived with her mom or some other relative?

The great society, LBJ, thanks,,,NOT!

Tried to rep you, but something weird is going on with my pop-up blocker. Excellent comment, too true.

Powerman said:
Oh please. My parents are catholic. I was looking for specific information and didn't have time to read the entire site. That's why I said I was looking for more solid information.

www.nottingham.ac.uk/predelli/Students/V7AAPE/lect4.ppt

Download the power point presentation. They usually don't teach fiction in college level courses.

Game. Set. Match.

Or are you going to claim that this university is anti Christian as well.

Once again, the reason I said previously you are a troll. YOU come and set the framework based on Aquinas. Yet, not all of what Aquinas wrote is accepted as 'set in stone.' From there, you say I must debate that, though I have first hand knowledge of a very strict Catholic hospital's position regarding choosing between the life of the mother and a baby being born, where one or both are in danger of loss of life. YOU say if I can't 'disprove' this 'statement' from Aquinas, that is probably often quoted in Catholic theology, THEN YOU are right. You lose.

Watched you do the same with ID. Troll for sure, or just an asshat that is SO full of himself excretment pours forth from your fingers naturally.

Kathianne said:
Once again, the reason I said previously you are a troll. YOU come and set the framework based on Aquinas. Yet, not all of what Aquinas wrote is accepted as 'set in stone.' From there, you say I must debate that, though I have first hand knowledge of a very strict Catholic hospital's position regarding choosing between the life of the mother and a baby being born, where one or both are in danger of loss of life. YOU say if I can't 'disprove' this 'statement' from Aquinas, that is probably often quoted in Catholic theology, THEN YOU are right. You lose.

Watched you do the same with ID. Troll for sure, or just an asshat that is SO full of himself excretment pours forth from your fingers naturally.

Yes that sounds like complete defeat. I will happily admit I am wrong if you can link me to an article that says that Catholic churches will perform craniotomies in the case of ectopic pregnancies. It certainly violates their doctrine if they do.

As for the ID thing I don't know what you're talking about. I completely slaughtered every point that anyone brought up concerning the issue.

Powerman said:
Yes that sounds like complete defeat. I will happily admit I am wrong if you can link me to an article that says that Catholic churches will perform craniotomies in the case of ectopic pregnancies. It certainly violates their doctrine if they do.

As for the ID thing I don't know what you're talking about. I completely slaughtered every point that anyone brought up concerning the issue.

powerman said:
I was looking for specific information and didn't have time to read the entire site. That's why I said I was looking for more solid information.
Defeat? :laugh:

kathianne said:
Closely related to its biblical and traditional hatred of women and sex is the position of the Roman Catholic Church on abortion and contraception. We will be looking at the issue of contraception later. In this section we will look at its opposition to abortion which has brought not just suffering but death to many Catholic and non-Catholic women.
anyone that clicks the link will find this is the opening statement of the site.

We'd all have way more respect for you if you admitted to being a frosh in college or junior in high school that loved debate team. The strawman arguement is a non-starter. You have zero cred here. It may be time to move on, should I add .org? Nah.

Kathianne said:
We'd all have way more respect for you if you admitted to being a frosh in college or junior in high school that loved debate team. The strawman arguement is a non-starter. You have zero cred here. It may be time to move on, should I add .org? Nah.

Either that, of if you had a little class to you. Jesus.

EDIT: "you" = "Powerman"

Kathianne said:
Defeat? :laugh:

anyone that clicks the link will find this is the opening statement of the site.

I said I was looking for better sources and I found one. Did you download and read the power point presentation which clearly stated that I was right? If that guy wants to hate on Catholics that's his problem. I didn't read everything on the website because I was looking for the specific information.

I am a senior in college and was never on any sort of debate team. Now would you kindly link me to a source that says Catholic Hospitals wil abort babies via craniotomy in the case of an ectopic pregnancy. That is your claim. Now prove it.

Powerman said:
I said I was looking for better sources and I found one. Did you download and read the power point presentation which clearly stated that I was right? If that guy wants to hate on Catholics that's his problem. I didn't read everything on the website because I was looking for the specific information.

I am a senior in college and was never on any sort of debate team. Now would you kindly link me to a source that says Catholic Hospitals wil abort babies via craniotomy in the case of an ectopic pregnancy. That is your claim. Now prove it.

Nope, I'm not going to argue Aquinas. I already stated that it's not in practice, at least around here. You are the one making claims that
powerman said:
You must HATE your parents, but it's probably well earned, considering you are the result. We can all see how far you read, considering this was the opening of the site, which I already posted:

kathianne said:

As for the powerpoint, it was once again, going on the Aquinas argument and saying why Catholic Church is just killing women and children.

The ClayTaurus said:
Either that, of if you had a little class to you. Jesus.

And you are jumping in here with what? You are moderator of all discussions now? I guess Mr. P's compliment has gone to your head. At least PM stays with the discussion and doesn't flit here and there.

Forum List

Back