...and then - Walt Nauta?

Here are all the charges Nauta and Trump are being charged with:

The topline charge (18 U.S. Code § 793) is part of the Espionage Act.

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information
(e)Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it;

18 U.S. Code § 1512 - Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant
(k)Whoever conspires to commit any offense under this section shall be subject to the same penalties as those prescribed for the offense the commission of which was the object of the conspiracy.

(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to—
(1)influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(2)cause or induce any person to—
(A)withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;

(c)Whoever corruptly—
(1)alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or
(2)otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 1519 - Destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy
Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally
(a)Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
(1)falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2)makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3)makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

18 U.S. Code § 2 - Principals
(a)Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.
(b)Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.
Show me the man and I'll show you the crime.
I'm sure Nauta was a top notch lawyer like Hillary when she broke the law destroying subpoenaed evidence.
Good luck proving intent with a gofer like Nauta. He's a Trophy for Jack Smith to hang over his desk.

What criminal behavior? The PRA is NOT a criminal statute.
Someone agrees that the "Espionage Act" doesn't cover mishandling documents or Biden, Pence, and Hillary would be in prison.
The Act often seems like the last refuge of the government when it lacks any other means to punish targeted persons. This includes the continued prosecution of Julian Assange for publishing classified information, an act that newspapers have regularly done throughout history to expose government lies and abuses.
In a curious way, the charges against Trump are welcomed as another opportunity for the courts to look at this insidious law. That need existed long before the raid on Mar-a-Lago.
For years, I have expressed reservations about criminal allegations raised against Trump, including the dubious prosecution by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. However, even before the appointment of Special Counsel Jack Smith, I also stated that the real threat to Trump would come at Mar-a-Lago.
You do not understand the law.

I hope Mr. Nauta will flip, but I am not convinced.

He should be told that he will be in a prison across the country from Mr. Trump.

You do not understand the law.
I have experts who agree with me, you have political hacks who agree with you.

In a forthcoming book, I explore the checkered history of this Act where thousands were arrested for political speech. In an age of rage, the Espionage Act is the government’s favorite weapon to use against its critics.
The Act often seems like the last refuge of the government when it lacks any other means to punish targeted persons. This includes the continued prosecution of Julian Assange for publishing classified information, an act that newspapers have regularly done throughout history to expose government lies and abuses.
In a curious way, the charges against Trump are welcomed as another opportunity for the courts to look at this insidious law. That need existed long before the raid on Mar-a-Lago.

The pictures in the indictment are clearly designed to drive home the gross mishandling of documents to the public. No one is seriously going to argue that storing documents in a ballroom or next to a commode are good retention practices.
The law references an intent either to harm the national security of the U.S. or benefit a foreign power. No one is suggesting that harm actually occurred or that Trump intended to cause such harm. However, the government is proceeding under specific provisions making mishandling (and the refusal to turn over documents) a crime. That is the harm that the government will argue.
The indictment may have revealed the motive that the government believes is behind the inexplicable refusal of Trump to turn over these documents: vanity. Trump is portrayed as showing the Iran attack documents like a trophy. That is not a great fit with the Espionage Act.

kyzr, your experts do not agree with the real experts.

Trump can avoid prison if he pleads out and agrees to not serve in federal office ever again.

Otherwise, he goes to the big house.

Moving boxes. Video shows it.
Ordered to do so? Likely.
Lied about it.
To the FBI.
Uh-oh.

I ain't a prosecutor. Hell, I ain't even a lawyer. But....
But......the gofer was indicted for a reason other than his strong back.
Was he just a feng shui fan? A neat freak?
Or....did someone order him to oil-up up his hand cart?
Who?

Watch Walt Nauta.

He's 'flip' material.
IMHO

It's not like he lied of a federal firearms form, or illegally possessed a gun, and they're handing out probation for that. Should be 90 days probation, oh hell, who am I trying to kid, they'll go for capital punishment. Can you say two tiered justice system?

It's not like he lied of a federal firearms form, or illegally possessed a gun, and they're handing out probation for that. Should be 90 days probation, oh hell, who am I trying to kid, they'll go for capital punishment. Can you say two tiered justice system?

The fellow has the option of working out a plea deal. They happen all the time. His lawyer is now complaining that they tried to bribe the guy with a plea deal to testify against Trump.

When someone offers you a get out of jail free card, you might want to take it.

The fellow has the option of working out a plea deal. They happen all the time. His lawyer is now complaining that they tried to bribe the guy with a plea deal to testify against Trump.

When someone offers you a get out of jail free card, you might want to take it.

That would depend on what it costs. I hope the judge rejects the crackheads deal, the dude went to law school, he should be able to accurately fill out an ATF form and be aware of the consequence of lying on it. Personally I don't recall probation being one of the possibilities for punishment outlined on the form.

That would depend on what it costs. I hope the judge rejects the crackheads deal, the dude went to law school, he should be able to accurately fill out an ATF form and be aware of the consequence of lying on it. Personally I don't recall probation being one of the possibilities for punishment outlined on the form.

I guess you never heard how a plea bargain works. You plead guilty to a lesser crime and the more serious crimes are ignored in exchange.

For example. Let’s say I get drunk as hell and cause a big scene downtown. The charge of Drunk and Disorderly could be dropped if I plead guilty to the lesser crime of disturbing the peace. I pay a fine. Pick up some trash on a couple Saturdays. And all is history in no time.

I guess you never heard how a plea bargain works. You plead guilty to a lesser crime and the more serious crimes are ignored in exchange.

For example. Let’s say I get drunk as hell and cause a big scene downtown. The charge of Drunk and Disorderly could be dropped if I plead guilty to the lesser crime of disturbing the peace. I pay a fine. Pick up some trash on a couple Saturdays. And all is history in no time.

Did you go to law school, your scenario hardly equates to someone who graduated from law school committing a felony filling out a damn form and illegally buying a gun based on that lie. That's two felonies.

Did you go to law school, your scenario hardly equates to someone who graduated from law school committing a felony filling out a damn form and illegally buying a gun based on that lie. That's two felonies.

And plea bargained out: smart man.

Trump should have done it, but that door is now locked and seal while the jail door is open and waiting for OrangeDoofus.

Exactly. And that’s the absolute essence of the government’s case. And even that isn’t just to strong arm him into capitulation.

They persecutor needs him to make it a “conspiracy” of two or more individuals
Trump barely spoke two words to Nauta before this. Now, Nauta is having dinner with the orange pantload groomer. Gee, wonder why.

Nauta will end up in prison, Trump & his tribe will kick him to the curb because he's no longer usefull to them & when he's released he'll end up with shit & his life ruined.

That will happen unless Nauta wises up & realizes that Trump will fuck him over quicker then he can say federal penitentiary. Then you Trump asslickers will have Nauta as another whipping boy.

You know. You all should really start marking index cards for your outrage. In one week you are howling about some DA who is downgrading gun charges and plea bargaining gang bangers back out on the street. The next you are saying that such things just don’t happen.

Look at Agnew.

Sandy Berger.

Plea bargains happen all the time. 97% of criminal cases are settled by plea bargains.

Do a little to get rid of a lot.

Trump barely spoke two words to Nauta before this. Now, Nauta is having dinner with the orange pantload groomer. Gee, wonder why.

Nauta will end up in prison, Trump & his tribe will kick him to the curb because he's no longer usefull to them & when he's released he'll end up with shit & his life ruined.

That will happen unless Nauta wises up & realizes that Trump will fuck him over quicker then he can say federal penitentiary. Then you Trump asslickers will have Nauta as another whipping boy.
Snore. Zzz.

Yiur a make believe commentator. Make your shit up on the fly. Then post it.

You’re a complete waste of electrons.

Forum List

Back