and the police state continues

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Raleigh police are asking Google to provide user data for all people near crime scenes

Police in Raleigh, North Carolina, have presented Google with warrants to obtain data from mobile phones from not just specific suspects who were in a crime scene area, but from the mobile phones of all people in the area, reports Raleigh television affiliate WRAL. The request will trouble Fourth Amendment advocates as it could be seen that police are carrying out unreasonable searches on people who just happened to be in the area at the time the crimes were committed. And the area sizes the police requesting the data on are not small. In one instance, police requested user data from Google for anyone within a 17-acre area.For its part, Google has not revealed whether it has complied with the police request.
-------------
seems pretty far out there. i guess i can see why, go fishing and know what fish are in the pond but we're beating the hell out of an pretense of privacy these days.

Raleigh police are asking Google to provide user data for all people near crime scenes

Police in Raleigh, North Carolina, have presented Google with warrants to obtain data from mobile phones from not just specific suspects who were in a crime scene area, but from the mobile phones of all people in the area, reports Raleigh television affiliate WRAL. The request will trouble Fourth Amendment advocates as it could be seen that police are carrying out unreasonable searches on people who just happened to be in the area at the time the crimes were committed. And the area sizes the police requesting the data on are not small. In one instance, police requested user data from Google for anyone within a 17-acre area.For its part, Google has not revealed whether it has complied with the police request.
-------------
seems pretty far out there. i guess i can see why, go fishing and know what fish are in the pond but we're beating the hell out of an pretense of privacy these days.
WantsMoreGovt-GetsIt.JPG

Sadly, because of the population profile in our unique nation, we have to be a police state.

Just the other day here in Los Angeles, a street vendor was brutally assaulted by several individuals.

Fortunately, there is a video tape of the thugs.

Hopefully, the police will find those individuals, who -- of course -- will just get a slap on the wrist.

A police state is NOT necessary in a country where the people are predominately civilized. (such as Norway, Japan, and a few other lucky countries).

Unfortunately, that adjective does NOT describe a sizable proportion of individuals living in our country -- IMHO.

-------------

GOOD FIND.

See and the sheep left are to stupid to realize when you pass laws it spills over into everything else and everyone else. all the morons have to do is say " save the children" do it for the children" , War on drugs, oh save the children.

Just like morons who can't pick up on the driverless car and it being CONTROLLED by the Government and not you the driver.

Forum List

Back