And so the Ad-wars against Republican anti-immigration-reform stance begin.

After their 2012 loss where Republicans got 27% of the Hispanic vote they pledged that they need to reach out more to Hispanics. Marco Rubio developed an immigration reform plan to provide a path to citizenship

The reaction from the right was fierce and Rubio was slapped down. Since then, Republicans have blocked any plan for immigration reform

Throw in recent rants from Trump and his supporters and Republicans will be lucky to get 15% of the vote in 2016

Since then, Republicans have blocked any plan for immigration reform

If reform means making illegal aliens into citizens, they should block it.
Let's enforce the current laws for 10 years, then we can think about "reform".

Every killing of an innocent American by an illegal will wipe out millions of bought Democrat "anti-immigrant" propaganda against the Right

More fear mongering from the right

They have changed "Mexicans are coming here to work" to "Mexicans are coming here to kill and rape our women"

how is it fear-mongering idiot?

is it not happening?

Actually...no more than it ever has

Most illegal immigrants are just looking to work and send money home....same as most immigrants

"no more than it ever has"

what does that even mean? again why cant you answer the question? how is it fear-mongering? and who are you to decide at what point Americans have had enough even IF it isnt happening any more than it ever has?

It is fear mongering to characterize 11 million people who are looking to better their lives as nothing more than murderers and rapists by cherry picking a few news stories

After their 2012 loss where Republicans got 27% of the Hispanic vote they pledged that they need to reach out more to Hispanics. Marco Rubio developed an immigration reform plan to provide a path to citizenship

The reaction from the right was fierce and Rubio was slapped down. Since then, Republicans have blocked any plan for immigration reform

Throw in recent rants from Trump and his supporters and Republicans will be lucky to get 15% of the vote in 2016

Every killing of an innocent American by an illegal will wipe out millions of bought Democrat "anti-immigrant" propaganda against the Right

More fear mongering from the right

They have changed "Mexicans are coming here to work" to "Mexicans are coming here to kill and rape our women"

how is it fear-mongering idiot?

is it not happening?

Actually...no more than it ever has

Most illegal immigrants are just looking to work and send money home....same as most immigrants

"no more than it ever has"

what does that even mean? again why cant you answer the question? how is it fear-mongering? and who are you to decide at what point Americans have had enough even IF it isnt happening any more than it ever has?

It is fear mongering to characterize 11 million people who are looking to better their lives as nothing more than murderers and rapists by cherry picking a few news stories

nobody said "all" ANYTHING. you have nothing but a straw man; nothing to offer Americans but a false narrative. and the illegal murdered the American lady on the pier AFTER Trump made his original comments.

try again

As they should.

Perhaps you should watch the news, and add him to your twitter account.

While Speaker, he blocked legislation

now as a senator, he is still blocking legislation.

and in one case, overturning a veto.

his retirement can't come soon enough.

Reid plays the same game Republicans played against him to stop him from passing legislation

:blahblah: :crybaby:

and that makes it ALL better, does it?

As they should.

Fine...then live with the political consequences

Currently..... Florida, Texas and Arizona have large and growing Hispanic populations. Two are Red States and one is a swing state.
Lose those and Republicans will never win the White House again

Reid plays the same game Republicans played against him to stop him from passing legislation

I'm willing to dump all filibusters in the Senate...are you?

Put out by the SuperPac for Hillary Clinton (Priorities USA). It simply uses video "footage" of Republicans saying their nonsense about immigration, from "anchor babies" to "they're getting out..."

And so the onslaught begins.

FYI.

I'm not sure it makes any difference, because Latinos were not voting gop in any event.

I'm willing to dump all filibusters in the Senate...are you?

Are you willing to prevent the Speaker from tabling any and all legislation sent up from the House?

Put it up for a vote, no matter your personal opinion?

Republicans should respond by showing ever criminal act performed by Illegals and have it: Brought to you by the Democrat Party

gangs.jpg

Steinle-Sanchez.jpg

Viva Democrats!

Well, it's just one more way for the Democrats to avoid the issues and this will cost them dearly.

How do you figure that from the ad in the OP?

The name of the game for the Dems for the last two election cycles is to point fingers and express faux outrage. Had the Dems addressed the influx of immigration and the lowering of wages or, in some areas, the displaced low wage workers then they wouldn't have this problem. They don't want to address outsourcing or H1B visas.

What they did in the beginning is not address the economic impact and leave a void. This allowed a group of people on the right fill the void with some racist commentary and then they stood back and screamed racist. So, here we are again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You are giving the Dems way too much credit for long term strategy.

Like all politicians they react to crisis rather than being proactive to avoid them.

It is disingenuous to blame them for the racism of the extremist rightwingers and to disparage them for calling it out. If there had been no racism there would have been nothing to call out.

As far as repeating goes this is all on the GOP. The Dems did pass a compromise immigration reform bill. The extremist rightwingers obstructed it from coming to the floor of the House.

This is another GOP self inflicted wound.

Except that FauxNoise will simply drive away even more Hispanic voters when it airs the hate speech of xenophobes like you and your ilk.

YAWN

what have i said that is "xenophobic"???

you asinine losers have an -ist, -ic, or -ism slur for anybody that dares disagree with you

so again what have i said that is hateful of xenophobic/
be a man for once

Like all bigots you lack the cognitive skills to recognize your appalling shortcomings and if you want me to educate you I charge $500/hr. Which credit card will you be using today or do you prefer PayPal instead?

Except that FauxNoise will simply drive away even more Hispanic voters when it airs the hate speech of xenophobes like you and your ilk.

YAWN

what have i said that is "xenophobic"???

you asinine losers have an -ist, -ic, or -ism slur for anybody that dares disagree with you

so again what have i said that is hateful of xenophobic/
be a man for once

Like all bigots you lack the cognitive skills to recognize your appalling shortcomings and if you want me to educate you I charge $500/hr. Which credit card will you be using today or do you prefer PayPal instead?

so nothing?>?

typical coward douchebag left-wing loser. i asked you very clearly to provide everybody here al this evidence of xenophobia and hatefulness. you came up empty chump

i'm calling you out dummy derideo. this is your chance to embarrass me RIGHT NOW in front of all the posters.

so what's up dummy??

Well, it's just one more way for the Democrats to avoid the issues and this will cost them dearly.

How do you figure that from the ad in the OP?

The name of the game for the Dems for the last two election cycles is to point fingers and express faux outrage. Had the Dems addressed the influx of immigration and the lowering of wages or, in some areas, the displaced low wage workers then they wouldn't have this problem. They don't want to address outsourcing or H1B visas.

What they did in the beginning is not address the economic impact and leave a void. This allowed a group of people on the right fill the void with some racist commentary and then they stood back and screamed racist. So, here we are again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Perhaps, but probably not.

Who has been in control of the US congress for 5 of the last 7 years?

Stat. You rock. You do. I heart you. BUT, I don't think you are hearing what I am saying.

It makes the Democrats look like frauds. Choosing gotcha moments instead of addressing the issues makes the Democrats look like frauds.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you. Both Democrats and Republicans are responsible for inaction on immigration reform. That being said, the strategema needed to get anything through congress requires us to see how the political stalemate in the US Congress has killed pretty much a chance at anything.

Put out by the SuperPac for Hillary Clinton (Priorities USA). It simply uses video "footage" of Republicans saying their nonsense about immigration, from "anchor babies" to "they're getting out..."

And so the onslaught begins.

FYI.

I'm not sure it makes any difference, because Latinos were not voting gop in any event.

Didn't Bush jr get 44% of the Latino vote?

GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study

The Republican nominee selected to run for president in 2016 will need to get a higher share of Latino votes than in the past - as high as almost half in some key battleground states, according to a new analysis by Latino Decisions.

That's a high mountain to climb for the Republican Party considering it's twice the percentage that Mitt Romney received when he ran as the Republican presidential candidate in 2012. Back then, Romney received just 23 percent of the Latino vote.

Even if the Republican Party wins 60 percent of the white vote—which hasn't done in a presidential election since 1988—the Republican presidential nominee would need to get 42 percent and in another scenario as high as 47 percent of Latino votes in order to win the popular vote, the study finds. In 2012, Romney got 59 percent of the white vote.

The analysis was conducted for America's Voice, a group that advocates for immigration reform.

For years, the conventional wisdom has been that Republicans need at least 40 percent of the Latino vote to win an election. They based this "Latino threshold," -as it was referred in the study - on the 2004 election, when George W. Bush won 44 percent of the Latino vote and beat then-Sen. John Kerry. Latino Decisions argues that the 40 percent Latino voter threshold is no longer reliable.

The Republican problem with Hispanic voters — in 7 charts

pewhispanic-2012-10-11-NSL-01-03-1.png

Forum List

Back