And so it begins- Romney the Job Killer

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
I knew it wouldn't take long for the MSM to dredge up every person who got fired by Bain..

NBC Politics - As Romney's firm profited in SC, jobs disappeared

Four years later, the Holson Burns Group Inc. — the company controlled by Romney's Bain Capital LLC — closed the factory and laid off about 150 workers. Some jobs were sent north, where months later many of those were also eliminated. Other operations went overseas.

But Bain walked away with millions in profits.

This is why Romney would be poison as a candidate.... you can talk about Business smarts all day, but that's trumped by one worker standing in front of a shuttered plant.

You mean just like the media digging up everything Newt has ever said about anything?

I hate to break it to you, but a businessman will fire people. Most people understand that. What people don't understand is someone saying we should arrest judges who make decisions a candidate disagrees with, or women can't serve in the military because they get diseases in ditches, or people who smoke pot should be electrocuted, or the government should build giant mirrors in space to better illuminate the night highways, or we should hire 9 year-olds, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so ...

You mean just like the media digging up everything Newt has ever said about anything?

I hate to break it to you, but a businessman will fire people. Most people understand that. What people don't understand is someone saying we should arrest judges who make decisions a candidate disagrees with, or women can't serve in the military because they get diseases in ditches, or people who smoke pot should be electrocuted, or the government should build giant mirrors in space to better illuminate the night highways, or we should hire 9 year-olds, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so ...

You can tear down Newt all day, but people still won't love Romney.

They'll just shift to someone else....

Yes, a businessman will fire people. Everyone in the country has encountered an asshole like Romney once in their life who laid them off, usually as a result of their bad management.

And Next November, everyone will be able to take it out on a guy just like him.

By voting for Obama.

"I look like the guy you work with... Romney looks like the guy who lays you off." - Mike Huckabee.

Romney can easlily turn around and say as POTUS he will restructure and downsise government.

But that would be good, how, exactly.

Most people in the abstract, want government to get rid of waste and not spend as much.

They don't want to see their neighbor who is a construction worker or a policeman or a postal carrier lose his job. That's probably what it is going to take, I think. But no one is going to take joy in it.

And nominating a guy who laid people off and destroyed communities while doing this...

Mitt%20Romney%20bain%20capital.jpg

Is not going to win any popularity contests with a populace already scared of losing their jobs, working twice as hard as they might have five years ago for less money.

Yes, a businessman will fire people. Everyone in the country has encountered an asshole like Romney once in their life who laid them off, usually as a result of their bad management.

By voting for Obama.

"I look like the guy you work with... Romney looks like the guy who lays you off." - Mike Huckabee.

I'll take a chance with the hiring/firing guy more so than with the crazy guy.

All the Obama campaign will have to do will be to play Newt saying things on a continuous 24/7 loop.

"That's the guy you want with his finger on the button?"

Yeah, right.

By voting for Obama.

Obama is not going to be reelected.

He didn't just "fire" people..he fired everyone. Then offered the younger workers their jobs back with less wages and no benefits.

That's pretty dramatic.

By voting for Obama.

Sure he will.

All the Obama campaign will have to do will be to play Newt saying things on a continuous 24/7 loop.

Yeah, right.

Jimmy Carter tried that same shit with Ronald Reagan. And Reagan did even occassional say some goofy things.

Didn't work then.

I think you might get your way... Gingrich is declining... but Romney is still stuck under 25%...

And if you can't get Repulicans excited about this guy, how are you going to get anyone else excited?

Obama's folks... They are excited.

By voting for Obama.

Sure he will.

Not in this economic climate. You can count on it.

By voting for Obama.

Have you seen the republican candidates?

By voting for Obama.

Sure he will.

How many times you gonna vote this time?

He didn't just "fire" people..he fired everyone. Then offered the younger workers their jobs back with less wages and no benefits.

That's pretty dramatic.

But very corporatist/republican.

:lol: I don't know what presidential race you're referring to, but it sure ain't the 2012 race. You clearly have not been paying attention because Obama's base is anything but excited.

Obama losing support among the young

Poll: Obama Losing Support Among Key Groups, Independents | Crooks and Liars

Obama Losing Support Among Jews? - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

Obama Losing Support from His Base | Elections

I knew it wouldn't take long for the MSM to dredge up every person who got fired by Bain..

Friend, Romney will not survive the Gingrich machine.

Newt has an army of mudslingers that is unprecedented in world history. I'm not just talking about Drudge - I'm talking about a battalion of people who don't sleep. They are going over EVERYTHING Romney has EVER done. If there is footage of Mitt Romney doing weird stuff in a Massachusetts Turnpike bathroom from 1986, the Gingrich dirt machine will find it.

(You gotta love how much faith and trust Republicans have in their leaders: "Newt would never do that")

Friend, Gingrich is a lifer. He is a professional politician. He is the biggest Washington insider who has ever run for the presidency. He is an insider's insider. He is the darkness reaching out for the darkness. He comes straight from the Nixon cannon. He is the Rightwing equivalent of Lyndon Baines Johnson. He will eat Romney alive.

You people are so naive. You have no clue about hardball politics. Gingrich is the dirtiest, nastiest, toughest political monster in generations.

When the Dirt Machine goes into action, the game is over.

Romney is going to be obliterated - not by MSNBC, but by professionals.

Sit back and watch.

God Help Romney. God Help Him.

Last edited:

By voting for Obama.

Have you seen the republican candidates?

Doesn't matter. Any one of them will beat him. The economy will sink him in the end. It will be anyone but Obama in 2012, just like 2008 was anyone but the GOP.

[Friend, Romney will not survive the Gingrich machine.

Newt has an army of mudslingers that is unprecedented. I'm not just talking about Drudge - I'm talking about a battalion of people who don't sleep. These people are pouring over everything Romney has ever said or done. They are going over EVERYTHING. If there is footage of Mitt Romney doing weird stuff in a Massachusetts Turnpike bathroom from 1986, the Gingrich dirt machine will find it.

(You gotta love how much faith and trust Republicans have in their leaders: "Newt would never do that")

Friend, Gingrich is a lifer. He is a professional politician. He is the biggest Washington insider who has ever run for the presidency. He is an insiders insider. He is the darkness reaching out for the darkness. He comes straight from the Nixon cannon. He is the Rightwing equivalent of Lyndon Baines Johnson. He will eat Romney alive.

You people are so naive.

When the Dirt Machine goes into action, the game is over.

Romney is going to be obliterated - not by MSNBC, but by professionals.

Sit back and watch.

God Help Romney. God Help Him.

Gingrich is already sinking like an anchor. He's done.

Yeah, right.

Jimmy Carter tried that same shit with Ronald Reagan. And Reagan did even occassional say some goofy things.

Didn't work then.

I think you might get your way... Gingrich is declining... but Romney is still stuck under 25%...

And if you can't get Repulicans excited about this guy, how are you going to get anyone else excited?

:rofl:

really?

:rofl:

Forum List

Back