And Now For Some Good News

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I was very encouraged to see this article this morning.

Those of us who actually want to do something about climate change knows that it has to be a bipartisan debate and solution. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe when all participate, the best ideas rise to the top and are able to be implemented. Compromise and putting what's best for our nation should allow us to at least agree on some things and work on those things we agree on.

Republicans who believe in climate change seek antidote to Green New Deal

If we don't do something about this soon, most major rivers in all of America will look like the Nisqualy River does now.

If you like to eat food, I'm sure you can agree that we can't keep allowing our rivers, that provide the water that grows that food, to be reduced to what has happened to rivers and lakes all over our nation.

Nisqualy#0557.jpg

They're excited about taxing anything they can Dana....~S~

I don't understand what you mean.

My state has been moving to alternatives and renewables for a long time now.

Yes we have a lot of rivers and dams that create our energy and provide around 60% of our energy in my state. I understand not all states have that natural resource.

They do have the sun and wind though. Just like my state does. We have an area here that's called he Saudi Arabia of wind. We've been building windmills all over that area since the 90s. We have another area of the state that is desert and gets sun most of the year. We have developed those natural resources. We also have a small nuclear site that provides energy to the middle of nowhere in a corner of my state. I'm not a fan of nuclear anything but understand that people in the middle of nowhere do need energy.

The people of my state passed an initiative that requires our state to get a certain amount of our energy from alternative sources.

We haven't lost any energy here. It doesn't cost much beyond building the wind and sun farms. Except when those wind farms first came on line it was more energy than what the existing grid could handle so we voted to increase our taxes to build that new grid to handle all that new energy.

We sell our excess energy to other neighboring states. We also have the third lowest electric rates in the nation. I just paid my electric bill for last month. February was a very cold month here filled with a lot of snow. The bill was 54 dollars. Winter is the high rate season here.

Last edited:
If we are serious about climate change, we would have declared war on India and China by now.

Yes we have a lot of rivers and dams that create our energy and provide around 60% of our energy in my state. I understand not all states have that natural resource.

They do have the sun and wind though. Just like my state does. We an area here that's called he Saudi Arabia of wind. We've been building windmills all over that area since the 90s. We have another area of the state that is desert and gets sun most of the year. We have developed those natural resources. We also have a small nuclear site that provides energy to the middle of nowhere in a corner of my state. I'm not a fan of nuclear anything but understand that people in the middle of nowhere do need energy.

The people of my state passed an initiative that requires our state to get a certain amount of our energy from alternative sources.

We haven't lost any energy here. It doesn't cost much beyond building the wind and sun farms. Except when those wind farms first came on line it was more energy than what the existing grid could handle so we voted to increase our taxes to build that new grid to handle all that new energy.

We sell our excess energy to other neighboring states. We also have the third lowest electric rates in the nation. I just paid my electric bill for last month. February was a very cold month here filled with a lot of snow. The bill was 54 dollars. Winter is the high rate season here.
In my state, we have lots of rivers and lots of wetlands spread over immense lands. Building dams in order to provide alternative hydroelectric power would cause irreparable damage to the wetlands and the distribution systems required to bring that power to the users would be expensive and further damage the habitat. How do you reconcile the environmental damage done by establishment of alternative power sources?

They do have the sun and wind though. Just like my state does. We an area here that's called he Saudi Arabia of wind. We've been building windmills all over that area since the 90s. We have another area of the state that is desert and gets sun most of the year. We have developed those natural resources. We also have a small nuclear site that provides energy to the middle of nowhere in a corner of my state. I'm not a fan of nuclear anything but understand that people in the middle of nowhere do need energy.

I've make a great living from the green machine for decades Dana, doesn't mean i'm pro or con , mostly i remain apolitical about it

that said, the congresscritters you see either pro or con are all shill, the only rep/dem difference is who they'll fall to their knees quickest for

that goes triple for incumbents

~S~

Those of us who actually want to do something about climate change knows that it has to be a bipartisan debate and solution. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe when all participate, the best ideas rise to the top and are able to be implemented. Compromise and putting what's best for our nation should allow us to at least agree on some things and work on those things we agree on.

If we don't do something about this soon, most major rivers in all of America will look like the Nisqualy River does now.

If you like to eat food, I'm sure you can agree that we can't keep allowing our rivers, that provide the water that grows that food, to be reduced to what has happened to rivers and lakes all over our nation.

View attachment 249593

The underlying irony of all this is that conservation is a conservative issue. Conservatives should be leading it.

If we are serious about climate change, we would have declared war on India and China by now.

China is serious about climate change efforts but it's not easy to just stop using coal and oil when you you're trying to meet the energy needs of 1.3 billion people. It's an incredibly steep endeavor. A lot of people don't actually comprehend the magnitude of the challenge.

Love driving by solar farms buried in snow and then have the utilities ask people to turn off everything they can and their heat down to 60 cause there isn't enough power...….how progressive

In my state, we have lots of rivers and lots of wetlands spread over immense lands. Building dams in order to provide alternative hydroelectric power would cause irreparable damage to the wetlands and the distribution systems required to bring that power to the users would be expensive and further damage the habitat. How do you reconcile the environmental damage done by establishment of alternative power sources?

Did you read and comprehend what I posted?

I said I understand that other states don't have that natural resource like my state has.

You obviously live in a place that can't develop that natural resource.

You can encourage our government and private business to start developing other alternatives to fossil fuels.

I bet the sun shines where you live. And I bet the wind blows too. Even if there's clouds in the sky the sun is out and that energy can be developed.

I know we all have brains and can work to find solutions. Just as I see some republicans finally doing.

You won't have those wetlands if climate change reduces the source of that water.

I'm trying to get humans to not destroy that source of water that creates the areas in your state.

I've make a great living from the green machine for decades Dana, doesn't mean i'm pro or con , mostly i remain apolitical about it

that said, the congresscritters you see either pro or con are all shill, the only rep/dem difference is who they'll fall to their knees quickest for

that goes triple for incumbents

~S~

I am a realist. I'm not a fatalist.

I have been voting for politicians who not just talk about things but actually take action to do those things.

My state didn't have all those sources of energy developed until we voted for politicians who will do those things. We didn't wait for private business. We didn't wait for the federal government.

We voted in local politicians who would do it and did it ourselves.

The result is we have gotten advancements in alternative energy and have developed some of them.

It's when we don't vote that we don't get the change we need.

You can throw your hands up and let the problem continue.

I choose to do something else.

View attachment 249593

The underlying irony of all this is that conservation is a conservative issue. Conservatives should be leading it.

The only thing conservatives lead the way to is money and power. They don't seem to give a damn about anything else.

Love driving by solar farms buried in snow and then have the utilities ask people to turn off everything they can and their heat down to 60 cause there isn't enough power...….how progressive
And then you wake up from your dream amd run right to the internet to confabulate your fantasy with reality.

And then you wake up from your dream amd run right to the internet to confabulate your fantasy with reality.
Actual events ...try to keep up
Hmm, I doubt it , in so much as what you are implying. And even if 100% accurate, that wouldn't be a reason to abandon solar energy efforts. It would be a reason to improve them. So you're pissing in the wind either way.

Hmm, I doubt it , in so much as what you are implying. And even if 100% accurate, that wouldn't be a reason to abandon solar energy efforts. It would be a reason to improve them. So you're pissing in the wind either way.
right...more nonsense to try to hide the nonsense alrdy committed......brilliant

right...more nonsense to try to hide the nonsense alrdy committed......brilliant
Hmm, no, more success through tech innovation amd better policy. But we realize there will always be grumpy, intransigent people that will make no contribution except for shitting all over new ideas. It has always been that way.

I am a realist. I'm not a fatalist.

That should be a fairly synonymous definition, given our reality Dana

It's when we don't vote that we don't get the change we need.

You can throw your hands up and let the problem continue.

Locally, your vote might actually make a difference, nationally not so much

I choose to do something else.

Go you

But we realize there will always be grumpy, intransigent people that will make no contribution except for shitting all over new ideas. It has always been that way.

Most of such sorts are parroting the oilocracy's whims

~S~

Hmm, no, more success through tech innovation amd better policy. But we realize there will always be grumpy, intransigent people that will make no contribution except for shitting all over new ideas. It has always been that way.
Better policy such as....word salad with no real answers......tech innovation takes time

Forum List

Back