Ancient God Worship In America

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The story of religion in America is fascinating. Our forebears believed in "a god of nature" and said as much in their early writings. They were not Christians because there's not a word about Jesus or the new testament in the declaration or constitution. President Adams signed the treaty with Tripoli in which article 11 stated, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Thomas Jefferson wrote this excerpt in a letter to John Adams in 1823:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

The zealous Christians made their moves during trying and uneasy times in the nation. Amidst a bloody civil war with nearly every family seeing the death of a member or someone close to them the zealots demanded that "In God We Trust" be minted onto our coins. During the cold war era when school children were taught to "Take Cover" beneath their desks in case of a nuclear attack the McCarthyites added "Under God" to our pledge of allegiance and added "In God We Trust" to our currency.

School children were openly taught the god concept all across the nation. One might have thought that someone(or most) might have spoken out as this lunacy continued. The preachers dared not because they would have been driven from their pulpits. Professors in colleges dared not because they would have lost their salaries. Politicians dared not...they would have been defeated. Editors dared not...they would have lost subscribers. Merchants dared not because they might have lost customers. Clerks and Butchers dared not because they might have been discharged. Ancient god worship has been repeated to each new generation and reinforced by authority figures ever since primitive times. Brainwashing of the young is the most effective way to spread a lie. The cannibals taught the consumption of human flesh as a religious ritual for thousands of years and even when they stopped it was because of being introduced to a different superstition, Christianity.

Thank goodness I've lived long enough to witness the beginning of the end of the practice of ancient god worship. All polls show that most are beginning to see the light. During my lifetime things have changed so much that it's remarkable how small a percentage of our population feel obliged to attend a church...even once a month. This practice is one which would have been a reason for the death penalty during old testament times. There were forty two death penalty sins spelled out in the old testament....several for violating rules on the sabbath....even the gathering of firewood. I was brainwashed as a small child and tried to live the church life for nearly forty years till I was in my sixties before I decided to "come out." I'm "agnostic," though it be "militant agnostic."

Last edited:
GENERALIZATION ALERT
(I am speaking in broad generalities here, and not in absolute terms)

I note that the more effectively one was indoctrinated by one's church in one's past, the more violently those who have rejected that religion tend to be.

If you look at most evangelizing militant atheists in America, you discover that they typically come from the RC church, and the Mormon church.

I suspect that's because those two religions are highly effective perveyors of their faith and their faith interfers with how one conducts oneself more than many other religions.

GENERALIZATION ALERT
(I am speaking in broad generalities here, and not in absolute terms)

I note that the more effectively one was indoctrinated by one's church in one's past, the more violently those who have rejected that religion tend to be.

If you look at most evangelizing militant atheists in America, you discover that they typically come from the RC church, and the Mormon church.

I suspect that's because those two religions are highly effective perveyors of their faith and their faith interfers with how one conducts oneself more than many other religions.

I have eight grandchildren and as one might expect my grandsons are closer to me than my granddaughters. That's where the change is taking place....young people. They laugh when somebody talks about rising from the dead and conviction by the holy ghost. They do not blindly accept the word of anybody....even their parents. That is what has kept ancient god worship alive....brainwashing of children by their parents and other authority figures. It's about over. Even youngsters doubt that because they don't share someone else's belief they will roast in flames forever. They count it as illogical.

Forum List

Back